Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Never Let Go by Scarlett Edwards



Title:   Never Let Go
Author:  Scarlett Edwards
Genre: New Adult Romance
Publication Date:  October 17, 2013
Event organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.


The first day of college gives every girl a chance to reinvent herself.

I go and screw mine up by meeting the most gorgeous guy I've seen in five years while talking to my cat.

But Andrew Crowner is far from judgmental. By the end of our interaction, he has me smitten by his easy manner and kind smile. And from the way his eyes linger on me before he leaves, I start to think that maybe I’ve caught his attention, too.

I let myself believe that luck may finally be on my side. That is, until I stumble on my roommate, and her overnight guest: Spencer Ashford.

Lean, tattooed, and sexy as sin, Spencer is exactly the type I need to avoid. I would have no trouble with that... were it not for his swift and inexplicable interest in me.

Suddenly, I go from a girl with next-to-no experience with boys to one caught in the crosshairs of two completely different men.

Andrew's interest is wholesome and sweet. Spencer's is edgy and raw. My choice should be easy. But there are always complications, and sometimes, matters of the heart take the least expected turns.



 4 stars

Never Let Go is my first Scarlett Edwards book and I really enjoyed it. I devoured this book in one day. I couldn’t put it down and needed to find out where the story was going to go.

We meet Paige on her first day of college. She attended and all girls boarding school since 6th until she had to leave to care for her dying grandmother. Paige hopes that while she is in college she can reinvent herself.

While moving into her dorm she meets Andrew, or I should say Andrew discovers her having a conversation with her cat Pickles. She is instantly attracted to him. He is an all around good guy, perfect boyfriend material.

Then we meet Spencer…in a very compromising position. Spencer is the ultimate bad boy. He is the guy sleeping his way through college, with tattoos, and a motorcycle. Paige despises him immediately but there is something there, something that pulls on her heartstrings. 

The choice should be easy for her, but it isn’t. Things happen that makes her go back and forth between which guy to choose.  Some things she has control over and some things she doesn’t.

In the end Paige’s story was a good one. When the book started I knew how I wanted it to end, but as I went along my mind changed…several times. I was happy with the ending and think the right guy was picked.  A couple times I did want to strangle the characters because some things seem to happen so fast, but it doesn’t take away from the story. Never Let Go is a first in the series, I’m not sure how many are planned, and I can’t wait for the second one to come out so I can see where Paige’s story goes.


  




I’m Scarlett Edwards.  I wrote my first book as a college sophomore.  After six months of edits, it made its debut as Your to Savor.


That was at the start of 2013.  I’ve written more books since then.  You can find them all here.


It’s funny how quickly life changes.  I used to think I’d need a degree to get a “Real Job.” Then I wrote a few books, they got somewhat popular, and now I’m living the life as a full-time romance author.


Thanks to all my readers for making my dream come true.




a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment