Recent college graduate, Kayla Reynolds was ready to leave the university, sorority life behind. Leaving her boyfriend of over three years, she packed her bags and moved four hours south to the big city…New York City. Bright lights, streets that never sleep, and a business lifestyle that she yearned to have were all at her fingertips.
Kayla Reynolds was chasing her dream.
Determined and eager to make it in the corporate world, Kayla changed everything- her image, lifestyle, and outlook on life, putting her career first and her personal life second. That was until her first day, the first time she got a glimpse of Miles Blackwell. Corporate CEO and part owner of ETV, and not to mention, incredibly handsome, Miles Blackwell took Kayla by surprise, stealing her heart as he did.
But nothing had ever come that easy for Kayla. Life had always seemed to have a personal vendetta against her, stepping in when everything seemed too good to be true, reminding herself of whom she really was. It wasn’t until she met Merrick Drake that she realized when to stop; when running was no longer an option. For the first time in her life she had someone she could relate to; someone who wouldn’t judge- who saw the person she was inside. She and Merrick connected…on more levels than one.
When life was too much to handle, they ran.
But there was only one person that could make Kayla stop for good. Only one man that made her want to stay.
Would Kayla finally stop running or would it all be too much to handle?
Chance to win a Kindle Paperwhite & 2 signed copies of Running From Forever! Enter a Rafflecopter giveaway!
*****4.5 solid stars*****
I'm just not a fairytale ending kind of girl...
I love when a series focuses on different couples each book. There is something so refreshing yet familiar about them when this happens. I love when an author writes a character as a secondary character and feels like they need to tell their story. This is Kayla's story...
In Waiting On Forever, book 2 in The Forever Series, we met Kayla. Kayla was the "loose" and "friendly" roommate of Leah. At the end of WOF, Kayla met Trevor and felt that he was different. He changed Kayla for the better; however, Kayla needed more. She leaves Trevor a letter explaining to him that she couldn't be the person that he needed her to be.
I left to be someone new; to become the person I always dreamt of becoming. I left to start fresh in a city that didn’t know me. In a city I could be myself. In a city I could stop running from my demons. A place where I didn’t have to settle or pretend to be somebody I wasn’t. Here, away from my old life, I would become a successful businesswoman and meet important people. I would become the real me.
Kayla leaves for New York to start a job as an assistant at ETV. She hopes that her job at ETV will be a stepping stone towards becoming what she has long dreamed of becoming, an entertainment anchor woman.
On her first day of work she meets successful, charming, and incredibly attractive Miles Blackwell on the elevator. She is instantly attracted to him and soon finds out that the man that she has her eye on is her boss' brother and also co-owner of ETV.
After telling Leah all about the sexy and sharply dressed man her friend warns her off of Miles sighting that he will be trouble.
Kayla joins her fellow co-workers at McShane's, a local bar the employees frequent, and she lays eyes on sexy tattooed bad boy and bartender, Merrick.
These New York men were going to be the life of me.
Kayla doesn't like the feelings that she is starting to have for Miles. She is a new woman...she wants to only focus on herself, on her career...but Miles...Miles is just too much to resist.
Miles Blackwell was addictive and way too desirable to just brush aside. There were too many reasons why I shouldn’t pursue him or allow anything to develop between us, but they were all ignored. I was in too deep already. Captivated.
Kayla decides to give in to Miles and they begin dating, however, Miles is keeping something from Kayla...something that has the potential to tear the new lovers apart and when all hell breaks loose Kayla runs again...but this time she runs towards someone else...she runs into the arms of Merrick.
“I’m just lost,” she whispered.“You’re just at a crossroads, not lost.”“How do you know?”“Because we’ve all been there at some point,” I told her truthfully.“Are you there now?”“No, not anymore, but I was for a while.”“How did you know what direction to go?”“Seriously?” She nodded her head for me to continue. “I ran. I didn’t care where. I just ran as fast as I could.” She snickered, showing a slight smirk, making me question, “What?”“Nothing,” she smiled. “It just makes sense… why we click.”“And why’s that?”“We’re both runners.”
Miles isn't willing to give up on his love for Kayla.
He's willing to do anything and everything to get her back but will he be able to win her back after shattering her heart?
Or will he find that the relationship between Kayla and Merrick is what she needs?
**********
I have really enjoyed The Forever Series.
I love how each character and book all flow together but at the same time are completely different because each character is completely different. I love the friendships and love that each and every story has in them.
*****I was given an ARC copy for an honest review.*****
Some may consider me a jack of all trades, but I consider myself well rounded.
I’ve waitressed, styled hair, answered phones and, most recently, worked full time as mom to my two beautiful little boys.
Then there was this book… Everyone and their brother started talking about this book series titled Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James. I didn’t really pay attention to the craze at first, since I wasn’t a big reader- okay, I didn’t read at all. But curiosity got the best of me, so I downloaded it to my kindle.
I was immediately hooked. I read the whole series in three days. Yes, three books in three days.
I kept finding all these great books that I HAD to read (just ask my credit card!).
Then I started hearing voices. Voices that turned into stories; stories that were begging to get out of my head.
I started writing them down on scraps of paper. Then I transferred them to my computer. Before I knew it, Planning on Forever was born.
The voices in my head are still talking, so I’m still writing.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ashley-Wilcox-Author/534100859949004
https://twitter.com/ashleywilcox55




No comments:
Post a Comment