Saturday, February 25, 2017

Sex Says by Max Monroe








From New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Max Monroe comes a new standalone romantic comedy.

Lola

My name is Lola Sexton, and I’m a sex addict.
Okay…that’s a lie.
Truth is, I’m a serial dater turned dating and relationship columnist for The San Francisco Times. My readers call me Sex. Sex Says.
I love my job.
I love my life.
And I hate Reed Luca.

Reed

My name is Reed Luca, and I’m a liar.
Ironically, that’s the truth.
I’m 31, and my occupation is…well, complicated.
My favorite kind of woman comes in all shapes and sizes, but always has a big brain.
I’ve never hated anything.
Lola Sexton hates me.
Luckily, it’s a thin line between love and hate, and with my help, pretty Lola will only be able to straddle that line for so long.

*********************************************************************************

Disclaimer: Authors are not responsible for cost of equipment or subsequent injury incurred after the purchase of roller skates influenced by this book. Embody Lola Sexton's spirit animal at your own risk.
*Reed Luca is an asshole. No one wants to be his spirit animal.
**Okay. I wrote that. Maybe someone would want to be his spirit animal. I guess. Maybe. Sorry. (Not sorry.)—Lola


 iBooks: http://ow.ly/X2AR307BVwp
Amazon US: http://ow.ly/nczK3094V0d
Amazon UK: http://ow.ly/tqwU3096uuJ 
Amazon CA: http://ow.ly/euHs3096uxo
Amazon AU: http://ow.ly/4iU73096uzM
Nook: http://ow.ly/uB9B3096uB8
Kobo: http://ow.ly/d4JB3096uDe
Google Play: http://ow.ly/RvZ13096uEF













This book is a must REED. I'm not sure what grabbed my attention first with this book; the cover (it's beautiful) or the blurb. All I know is I was sucked in and I couldn't wait to get it in my hot little hands so I could devour it.  Devour it, I did. Every delightful bit of it. Max Monroe did a great job of flawlessly switching back and forth from both characters POV. I'm a sucker for dual POV books. I want to know what each main character is thinking. I want inside their head so I can pick apart every thing they are thinking.

Sex Says is the story of Lola Sexton and Reed Luca. Lola Sexton is a dating and relationship columnist for the San Francisco Times. She gives advice to all of her readers on everything from when to realize a guy just isn't into you to fifty reason why everyone should be having sex. Lola is quirky and unique and is completely confident in herself. She has zero qualms about what anything thinks of her. That is until Reed Luca unexpectedly shows up in her life. It took me a bit for Lola to grow on me. What I loved about her was her uniqueness. What I didn't love about her was at times she was a bit annoying. She was hell bent on hate when all I wanted to do was scream at her "Listen to your own advice!". Max Monroe definitely did a good job of drawing the emotion out of you about Lola.

Reed Luca is delicious. Seriously, this man is beautiful in every way. From his stark blue eyes to his sexy mouth. I loved every single thing about him. Every. Single. Thing. Reed could do no wrong in my eyes. I loved how carefree he was about life and every thing that came with it. I enjoyed his rebuttal articles. I loved that even when you thought you knew Reed, he's surprise you with a new tidbit about himself that made him that much more desirable.  My favorite part about Reed was his ability to clearly see what, or rather whom, he wanted and go after it. He was able to see what was needed to get what he wanted, and mold himself in order to achieve it.

Sex Says has everything you could want from a book; witty banter, unique yet loveable characters, HOT sexy scenes, an enough angst to keep you craving more. This book was all I could think about. Life gets in the way and I had to stop a couple times and all I could do was think about this book and couldn't wait to pick my kindle back up. I laughed a lot during this book. There were so many scenes that I was like "OMG Max Monroe is in my head and knows everything that I love!". There is one scene in particular and all I could think while reading it was "Anything for Selenas!". Seriously, I was dying. Max Monroe, can I be y'alls best friend? Please?

If you're looking for a book that will hook you and not let go, grab this one. After you read this, go and pick up all the other Max Monroe books because you will love them just as much. Max Monroe has solidified itself atop my must read author list and I don't see them going anywhere.




Obviously Max Monroe are Sia's stunt doubles. They travel the world one wig at a time going out in public to detour TMZ from the actual Sia. During their down time from being paparazzi slaves, they hang out with Murphy and whoever that other person in the photo is; all while writing books that suck you in and don't let go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment