Monday, August 21, 2017

Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward




DRUNK DIAL
(A standalone)
Release date: 8/21/2017
A Contemporary Romance Novel
New York Times, USA Today, and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author
Penelope Ward



From New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward, comes a new, sexy standalone novel.

It seemed like a good idea at the time. Look up Landon Roderick, that boy from childhood whom I’d never been able to forget—even though he so easily forgot about me—and call him.

Then again, anything sounds like a good idea when you’ve had a little too much wine before bed, right? It was supposed to be just a quick, meaningless, prank call. Instead, I went off on him—unloading thirteen years of pent-up emotions.

I didn’t think he’d call me back.

I certainly could never have anticipated the weeks of sexually tense phone conversations that followed as I got to know the man he’d become.

Turned out, Landon had never really forgotten me, either. That special connection we had was still there. I opened up to him, but there were also things about me he didn’t know. And he had his own secrets.

Over the countless hours we talked on the phone, I wondered what would happen if we actually saw each other. One night, I did something impulsive again. Only this time, I went to the airport and booked a ticket to California. We were about to find out if one phone call could bring two lost souls together or if my drunk dial really was all just a big mistake.

A complete STANDALONE.



Amazon ➜ http://amzn.to/2fXfzKn
iBooks ➜  http://apple.co/2tq7dRz
Nook ➜  http://bit.ly/2xeEH2H
Kobo ➜  http://bit.ly/2ihXnMD
Audio ➜  http://amzn.to/2fWnsQg
Paperback ➜  http://amzn.to/2uTAipm
Goodreads ➜  http://bit.ly/2viKCUj


When I saw that Penelope Ward had her next book coming out, I knew that I HAD to have it. I relentlessly refreshed my kindle hoping that every time it synced, one time would be the magical time that Drunk Dial showed up on my kindle. I could not wait to dive into this book and get to know Landon and Rana. 

Landon and Rana were friends when they were growing up. Rana lived in the converted garage at Landon's parents house. Rana looked at Landon as the boy next door that she had a huge crush on. Circumstances happened and Rana moved away. 

Fast forward and Rana thinks she has moved on with her life. Add in a little too much alcohol and it becomes like truth serum. You reminisce about the past and you gain a little liquid courage. One drunk dial to get it all out of her system changes her entire life. I really enjoyed Rana. She is flawed and has gone through more than you can ever imagine. Ward does a fantastic job of slowly peeling back the layers of the onion with Rana. It made me love and understand Rana even more. 

Landon never forgot the girl that lived in his garage one day and was gone the next. When he gets that call he is utterly shocked, yet happy. It takes a lot for Ward to top her previous hero. She knows how to write a sexy as sin man. With every book, I gain a new favorite. Landon is hands down the best. He's sexy as sin, speak straight to your soul, and he's flawed. He's not perfect but he never claims to be. I think that is what I loved most about him. 

Drunk Dial is full of emotion. I laughed, I swooned, and I cried, hard. During certain points, I couldn't see my kindle through the tears pouring down my face. I needed Rana to tell me something funny. You know the author does an amazing job when she can stir that much emotion out of the reader. Penelope Ward does this flawlessly. She always does it flawlessly. I will forever read every word that she puts out because I know hands down, I will love it. 

Drunk Dial is a must read. It's a book that's good for the soul. It shows you that no matter the mistakes you've made in life, there's always a way to persevere. There's always a rainbow after a rain storm.   Penelope never does sequels but man oh man do I wish she would with this book. 



We all have that old flame or crush that you would love to give a piece of your adult mind.  Of course, we would never do that without a little bit of liquid courage in us.  That is what happened to start off this whole roller coaster of emotions that is guaranteed to leave you with a happy heart at the end.

Rana used to live in the garage that was in the back of Landon's house.  They were friends and Rana might have had a little crush.  Landon of course had no idea.   Of course, something bad had to happen and Rana and Landon were torn apart.

Here comes modern day and Rana is in the dumps.  She wears her heart on her sleeve and lives with a crazy room mate that may or may not want to kill her.  After a bad night of belly dancing she decides to drown her sorrows in a bottle of wine and call the one person in her life she feels was a total jerk to her.  Landon has no idea what to think when he answers the phone, but it is a good thing that he did seeing that the relationship that comes about is one that every woman swoons for.

Rana and Landon are perfect for each other and we as the readers are just waiting for them to realize it.  Landon lives in CA and owns a food truck.  He ran to CA after he found out that he was adopted and had his own little rebellion streak.  Little do we know that Rana did the same thing (can't tell you but you won't be able to guess).   They are both a little broken and need each other to be the band-aids that help bring each other back together.  Now we know that this is going to be hard to do as they live in different states, but what good book would be complete without the drama.

I feel like this book is broken into 3's, and that is fine.  I actually like it that way.  It is like you get 3 different short stories with the same characters. I love the dips and turns that happen in this book.  At one point you think you have it all figured out and there is your HEA and then you realize you are only 48% through the book.  I have been in a bit of a funk lately with books and had a hard time getting into anything.  This book was one that I enjoyed 100% and would recommend to anyone who loves to read. 







Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today, and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling
author. She’s a sixteen-time New York Times bestseller. Her novels are published in over
a dozen languages and can be found in bookstores around the world. Having grown up
in Boston with five older brothers, she spent most of her twenties as a television news
anchor, before switching to a more family-friendly career. She is the proud mother of a
beautiful 12-year- old girl with autism and a 11-year- old boy. Penelope and her family
reside in Rhode Island.

Connect with Penelope Ward:
Facebook Private Fan Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PenelopesPeeps/
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/penelopewardauthor
Website:
http://www.penelopewardauthor.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PenelopeAuthor
Instagram:
@penelopewardauthor
http://instagram.com/PenelopeWardAuthor/


No comments:

Post a Comment