Saturday, February 21, 2015

Clear by Jessica Park Blog Tour



We're celebrating the release of CLEAR: A Death Trippers Novel by Jessica Park!

Title: CLEAR: A Death Trippers Novel
Age: NA
Genre: Parnormal Romance
Author: Jessica Park
Cover Designer: The Cover Lure
Release date: February 17, 2015


Stella Ford’s grasp on reality is already loose, and it’s about to come undone.

When the college junior flees Chicago and leaves her toxic family behind, she heads for coastal Maine to find the one person who brought her peace years ago: Sam Bishop. But the Sam she once knew now has painful secrets.  

Stella is determined to heal them both. Healing, however, is a challenge when the walls of her everyday existence collapse. And when Sam’s best friend is his worst enemy.

When the line between life and death blurs.

When an end is just a beginning.

When lust and rage rule.

Yet during extraordinary chaos, there can be extraordinary love, even if that love comes with a twist.

Welcome to death tripping.

A thriller, a paranormal, and a passionate romance, CLEAR crosses genres and breaks boundaries.







Jessica Park is one of my go to authors. I will read anything she releases....anything. First, I want to commend Ms. Park for stepping out of the box of what she normally writes. Clear: A Death Trippers Novel is nothing like Left Drowning and the Flat Out Love series. This book is unlike anything I've ever read before and I loved every minute of it. In the end it left me saying "WTF did I just read" and took me a few days before I could really grasp what I read. The more it marinated the more I loved it.

Stella comes from a messed up family. Her father left, her mother is crazy, and her sister is a mess. Stella is the forgotten daughter. The one who can do nothing right in her mother's eyes. One day she decides to flee Chicago to Maine to find the one boy who brought her peace, if only for one day, in her childhood. The boy who told her to "go find her good".

Sam lives in Maine and works at his parents hotel. He has a great family who care for him. Everything is perfect until one day it isn't. Something happens that changes his life forever. He is just trying to get through each day the best he can. Then Stella shows up.....

That's all I'm giving you. I must help protect the secret of death tripping. Plus there is no proper way to explain it, you just need to read it and go on this ride that Jessica Park will take you on. It will be a bumpy one, so I suggest buckling up and holding on tight.

I hope one day Jessica decides to give us a little bit more. I would love to see a book about Costa, Sam's best friend.





Clear by Jessica Park is unlike anything she's written before. Sure, there are familiar elements in this story that have presented themselves in other novels she's written. There's romance, drama, and those trademark plot twists you never saw coming that leave you flabbergasted. Beyond that, It's paranormal, thrilling, risky, unique, and pushes the neatly defined genre boundaries to the point where this book doesn't fit into any defined category. The story is in a category all it's own -- mind blowing.

Stella's father bailed long ago and her mom and sister treat her like dirt. She bails to find a fresh start and looks to a random stranger she met the night her world was upended. Sam brought her comfort and peace back then, and she's hoping he can help her find herself now. I loved how the leading characters have created this bond and become each others family because their actual blood relatives leave much to be desired. The main hero and heroine are perfect for one another but hesitant to commit to forever because of their tainted pasts and baggage. Throw in some paranormal elements and a character who blurs the line between friend and foe. There is never a dull moment and you'll be left speechless but satisfied. It's gritty. It's raw. It's going to make you uncomfortable in a way that will make you want more.

You must go in to reading Clear with an open mind. If you are expecting a novel that is strictly this or that, you'll be disappointed. You cannot slap a genre label on Clear. This story shoved me out of my comfort zone. Violently shoved me out of my comfort zone. There were moments where I didn't want to finish. I didn't agree with the characters actions and I just wanted to give up. I walked away. I took a break. Something about the book kept taunting me. Teasing me to pick it back up and continue. I have absolutely loved everything Jessica Park has written. For the first time I feared I had finally come across a novel that I wouldn't love.

Honestly, this wasn't my favorite of Jessica Park's books (Left Drowning may always be my #1). At the same time I'd like to contradict myself by saying this novel is utterly fantastic. Clear is a contradiction. You'll hate it while loving it. In the end, this is about more than just the characters and story; this is about the risk Jessica Park took in writing this novel. She stepped away from the typical genre of book she's known for and published a story that truly demolishes the romance and paranormal genre molds. Jessica Park is one of my favorite authors, but Clear has brought that adoration to a whole other level. I respect her. She took a chance on a novel that is nothing like what's being published in the book realm and nothing like what she's published before.




I will admit that when I saw that Jessica Park was releasing a book, I jumped on it. I didn’t read the blurb, I don’t even know if I read the whole title. I just knew that I absolutely loved her books and I would obviously love Clear.

Well I was right, I did love Clear. This book was so opposite from her Flat Out Love series and Left Drowning  that besides the writing being amazing I wouldn’t have guessed it was a Jessica Park book.

The story line for Clear was so fresh and new. The concept of death tripping blew my mind. I love paranormal romances and this one was excellent. The idea of being able to cheat death is great. And when they come back to life, the feeling and rush they get was described perfectly. I felt every feeling the characters felt.

This was another knock out for Jessica Park. I will continue to read anything she writes sight unseen. 


Amazon ~ iTunes ~ Kobo




Jessica is the author of LEFT DROWNING, the New York Times bestselling FLAT-OUT LOVE (and the companion piece FLAT-OUT MATT), and RELATIVELY FAMOUS. She lives in New Hampshire where she spends an obscene amount time thinking about rocker boys and their guitars, complex caffeinated beverages, and tropical vacations. On the rare occasions that she is able to focus on other things, she writes.

Please visit her at jessicapark.me and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/authorjessicapark and Twitter @JessicaPark24

No comments:

Post a Comment