Friday, February 20, 2015

The Hooker and the Hermit by L.H. Cosway and Penny Reid



THE HERMIT

Annie Catrel, social media expert extraordinaire at Davidson & Croft Media and clandestine celebrity blogger, can make anyone shine in the court of public opinion. She is the Socialmedialite, anonymous creator of New York’s Finest and the internet’s darling. Virtual reality is Annie’s forte, but actual reality? Not so much.

THE HOOKER

Ronan Fitzpatrick, aka the best hooker the world of rugby has seen in decades, despises the media—social or otherwise. The press has spun a web of lies depicting him as rugby’s wild and reckless bad boy.
Suspended from his team, Ronan has come to Manhattan to escape the drama, lay low, fly under the radar. Only, Ronan isn’t easy to overlook, and he can’t escape the notice of the Socialmedialite…

THE PLAN

When Ronan is sent to Davidson & Croft Media to reshape his public image, he never expects to cross paths with shy but beautiful Annie, nor does he expect his fierce attraction to her. He couldn’t be happier when her boss suggests pairing them together.

What lengths will Annie take to keep her virtual identity concealed? And what happens when the hooker discovers who the hermit really is?

The Hooker and the Hermit is a collaboration between authors L.H. Cosway and Penny Reid, is a full length 100k word novel, and is a standalone.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23285659-the-hooker-and-the-hermit






I LOVED THIS BOOK!! I haven't had a five star read in a while and this one was amazing. It took me out of my funk and made my love for reading come back in full swing. I loved everything about it. The characters, their story, the love, the humor, all of it! I can't believe I waited so long to read a book by these authors. I am kicking myself and I want to go curl up and binge read every single book written by both of them.

Let talk about the HOT, swoon worthy, alpha sex God named Ronan Fitzpatrick. He is everything a book boyfriend is made of. I loved everything about him and his dirty mouth. The things that he would say would cause you to fan yourself. He's had a rough few months and is trying to get away from it all. He's lost his spot on his rugby team and is tired of the all the press he is getting. I totally got why he did what he did. I would have done the same thing if I was in his situation. Everything happens for a reason right? Luckily for him getting suspended was the best thing that could ever happen.

Enter Annie Catrel. Social media expert who is a hermit. No really, she is. She is a feisty hermit though when she is behind the screen of her computer. I loved seeing both sides of her personality. The shy side that wasn't very good with human interaction in person and the side where she was witty and brave as she typed behind her computer screen.

I believe in fate and fate is exactly what happened here. The events that played out were perfection. The amount of angst was spot on. It was enough to put you on the edge of your seat but not enough to piss you off. It was the perfect mix. There is definitely the right amount of humor also. There were times I was literally laughing out loud.

Seeing both of these characters grow throughout the book made this book that much more enjoyable. You will love them and root for them all the way until the last page. Then you will beg for more because you just don't want their story to end. That is how you know a book is fabulous and deserves five stars; when you just can't get enough. Well Penny and L.H., I couldn't get enough and I need more! Please for the love of little leprechauns and toe shoes, I NEED MORE!  







a Rafflecopter giveaway





L.H. Cosway has a BA in English Literature and Greek and Roman Civilisation, and an MA in Postcolonial Literature. She lives in Dublin city. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.




SEX! It all started with sex, between my parents. Personally I don’t like thinking about it, but whatever works for you is a-ok with me. No judgment. The sex happened in California and much of my life also occurred in that state until I moved from the land of nuts (almonds), wine, silicon… boobs, and heavy traffic to the southeast US. Like most writers I like to write, but let’s get back to sex. Eventually I married and gave birth to 2 small people-children (boy-6, girl-4 as of this writing).

By day I’m a biomedical researcher with focus on rare diseases. By night I’m a knitter, sewer, lino block carver, fabric printer, soap maker, and general crafter. By the wee hours of the morning or when I’m intoxicated I love to listen to the voices in my head and let them tell me stories. I hope you enjoy their stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment