Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sidebarred by Emma Chase







Join Jake & Chelsea, Stanton & Sofia, Brent & Kennedy as they navigate the hilarious and heartwarming hurdles of love, life and the law in this final addition to the Legal Briefs Series.

There was a time when Jake Becker had it all together. He was controlled, driven, ruthless—in and out of the courtroom.

Then, six irresistible orphans and their heartbreakingly beautiful aunt crashed into his perfectly ordered life. They changed everything. They changed him. Now he’s a husband, an upstanding member of society, a father figure—a family man.
And he’s pretty damn good at it.

Sure, he has to referee sibling smackdowns, re-learn algebra, ensure his clients stay of jail, and keep his wife happy—but it finally feels like he’s got it together again....
So, of course something has to screw it all up.

It’s huge. Life-changing. Kind of terrifying.

And it will be the most amazing, perfect thing he’ll ever do. 

To say I was excited when I learned we were getting a novella about Jake Becker would be an understatement. I was ecstatic. Over the moon jumping for joy. I love all the characters from the Legal Briefs series but Jake is my favorite. He is the perfect book boyfriend. 

Emma Chase hit it out of the park again with Sidebarred. It is the best novella I have read to date. I didn't feel like it was rushed, or ended too abruptly. It flowed well and gave you everything you could want in a book. Chase as always, nailed the male POV. 

We catch back up with the Becker/McQuaid bunch and their household is still just as crazy as ever. All the kids are involved in different activities and trying to wrangle them and get them where they need to go is a handful. Jake never misses a beat though. I loved that we got the same Jake in Sidebarred that everyone fell in love with in Sustained. He is still just as sexy as ever and that mouth on him will turn anyone on. 

Sidebarred includes the entire gang. I enjoy getting a peak back into the lives of Stanton and Sofia, along with Brent and Kennedy.   This novella was like a long epilogue that lets you get closure with everyone you love. 

Chase does a great job of wrapping up everyone's stories; not just Jake and Chelsea. I am not going to lie, I cried. I cried not only because I knew this was actually the end of this series but also because of the way Chase ended the book. It was so heartfelt and touching. 

Sidebarred will make you laugh, cry, and swoon. If you thought you loved all the characters before, just wait until you read this. This was a quick read and is absolutely a must read. I can't wait to see what Emma Chase has for us next. She has cemented herself into a must click author. She never disappoints. 


Emma Chase is brilliant. Each time she hits publish, I am entranced by her story lines. I swoon over her characters. I am mesmerized by her writing. Sidebarred is the final piece in her Legal Briefs Series puzzle and it's the perfect ending to a fantastic series.
 
Jake Becker. That man won me over long ago and is possibly my favorite male written by Emma Chase (sorry other Chase men!). There was something about him -- beyond his looks and witty mouth -- that lured me in. I was giddy when I found out he'd be getting a novella to end the series. When I cracked open the ARC, nothing could have prepared me for the feels I experienced while reading Sidebarred.
 
The word perfection doesn't come close to describing this novella. The male POV by Chase was masterfully written (as all of her male POVs are). The story albeit a novella was something I savored and slowly perused. I didn't want the series to end, but I couldn't have dreamed up a better way for these characters to say goodbye to the readers who have fallen in love with them. Each character's happily ever after contributes to this novella so the readers aren't left wondering what happened to the couples outside of Jake and Chelsea. 
 
I can't pretend like I'm not bummed about the series ending. No reader wants to let go of a world and characters they've lost themselves in. While my sadness will linger, I know that a reread is always an option until I find out what amazingness Emma Chase will release next. If you haven't read the Legal Briefs Series, no more excuses!
 
 
Emma Chase lives in New Jersey with her husband, two children and two misbehaving (but really cute) dogs. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment