Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Below Deck by Tara Sivec


Declan McGillis can't stand rich people. But working as a deckhand on a luxury charter yacht, he also can't escape them. Declan has spent years kissing their ass and doing their bidding...whatever it takes to make his dreams come true, and nothing will get in his way of being the captain of his own yacht one day.

Mackenzie Armstrong knows what people think when they look at her. She knows from the outside looking in, it seems like her family has it all and doesn't have a care in the world. Things aren't always what they seem, and not only does Mackenzie have the weight of her family's struggles on her shoulders, she also needs to prove to Declan that she's not the spoiled princess he believes her to be.

Declan can't ignore the sparks of lust between them, even though Mackenzie is completely off limits and absolutely out of his league.

Mackenzie thinks a vacation fling is just what she needs to forget about the mess her life has become, and Declan is the perfect man for the job.

Will this be a quick romp in the water, or will it turn into something more when Mackenzie finally gets below Deck?
 








Tara has done it again. She wrote another book that I fell in love with. Below Deck is the perfect combination of humor, romance, HOT scenes, and some angst thrown in because Tara likes to torture us. Below Deck the book was inspired by Below Deck the TV show. I have watched the TV show since the very first episode (I'm a HUGE Bravo-aholic) and have loved it, so when I saw Tara was writing a book based on it, I couldn't wait to dive in. I get a book written by an author I'm obsessed with and it's about a TV show I love. 

Below Deck is told in alternating POV's. We get to see both sides of the story from Declan and Mackenzie. I have always instantly fallen in love with the leading man in Tara's books. This time was different. While Declan is hot (oh my he is VERY hot), he annoyed me at first. It definitely took a little while for me to warm up to him. Once I started falling in love with him though, I couldn't stop. 

Mackenzie on the other hand, I loved from the very beginning. Don't judge a book by it's cover is the old saying and poor Mackenzie gets judged by everyone around her, even though they have no clue what is really going on and what she is really like. You would think Mackenzie is a spoiled brat based on the amount of zero's in her father's bank account, but you'd be wrong. Mackenzie is the most down to earth, normal, girl you'd ever meet and that's what I loved most about her. 

Let's not forget the other characters in this book. Mackenzie's step-monsters. I have read some books where I seriously detest some characters but these two take the cake. While I was reading I constantly thinking of scenarios of how Tara would kill them off. Maybe they would fall over board and the boat would run them over.  Maybe the boat would leave them stranded on an island and they would be forced to live off coconuts. Not all the supporting characters were bad and annoying. I loved Brooke and Ben. Both were hilarious and sweet and just all around loveable. I will say though, that having a character named Ben made me picture him as a cute British guy that should be in the kitchen, not out on deck. My mind was constantly fighting itself over what I should be picturing. 

I loved the slow burn of Mackenzie and Declan's relationship. While it was a slow burn, there were definitely scenes that were HOT. Tara did a fantastic job of writing this book. She sucks you in and you don't stop until you finish the book. I highly recommend picking this book up. It's the perfect beach read just in time for Spring Break.  


Below Deck was an unexpected read for me. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting but it surprised me in a wonderful way. I found it to be a fun, quick and sexy read. It was sweet and charming. It had just the right amount of everything to draw you in. Declan and Mackenzie had a great chemistry. I loved them both and rooted for them the whole way. The detail in the settings where Declan and Mackenzie traveled to, whether on or off the Helios, made you feel like you were right there...a voyeur in some pretty steamy moments, in some beautiful places...and well some others that were just down right sexy because of the two of them occupying the space. The secondary characters, like Declan and Mackenzie's best friends, Ben and Brooke, were everything you want BFFs in real life to be. The humor and quick wit I've grown to associate with Tara's RomComs was in full force, making it that much more enjoyable to read. In the words of Brooke to Mackenzie, "...[you're] in need of a good dicking..." and Below Deck will certainly give you that. ;) 
⚓️Amazon: http://amzn.to/2mbUcnH
⚓️Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2lwYRUi
⚓️Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2mf9bPz
⚓️Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2n7ecqZ
⚓️Nook: http://bit.ly/NookBelowDeck
⚓️iBooks: http://apple.co/2lSUuPx
⚓️Kobo: http://bit.ly/KoboBelowDeck
⚓️Paperback: http://amzn.to/2n6m7EM






a Rafflecopter giveaway







 
Snapchat username: tarasivec

No comments:

Post a Comment