Thursday, November 1, 2018

Five Reasons to Go by Candace Knoeble

We are thrilled to be bringing you the release of FIVE REASONS TO GO by Candace Knoebel. FIVE REASONS TO GO is the second standalone in the Risky Hearts duet. If you love your contemporary romance emotional and angsty then grab your copy today!

 
One day a week. That was his rule. And it was also our downfall.
My marriage to Hank was one of convenience. When I got pregnant at sixteen, he took me in and kept a roof over my naïve head. We had an agreement—we could sleep with whomever we wanted so long as our children were kept in the dark. It worked great… until it didn’t.
Cocky Jack Swanson was never supposed to be mine. His marriage was open, but his heart was guarded… until he slowly let me in, revealing an alluring man with a painful past. With him, I felt what love could be. I felt wanted… needed. I’d never wanted to fall in love… but then I did.
And now… the rules have changed.
Jack isn’t the same man I fell for. Broken and gutted from his divorce, he’s a shell of who he once was. Sullen and worn down. I know I can bring the good in him back out, if only he’ll let me in. If only he’ll just stay, instead of giving me all his reasons to go.



I will admit I was little skeptical about this book. I despised Jack in the first book. There was no way he would be able to redeem himself, right? Wrong. I was so, so wrong. While I despised him and I was a little skeptical, I did go in with an open mind. I wanted to hear what he had to say and see his side of things. I'm SO glad I did. Also, this is the second book in the series but it isn't a complete retelling of book one. That's another thing I was so happy to see. I didn't want a complete do over but from his side. I wanted his side but with new future content. That's what this book is. 

Five Reasons To Go does start a little before Ten Reasons to Stay. It gives you some insight on the marriage of Corrine and Jack and how things played out through his eyes. Candace does a great job of showing you what happened but also moving along quickly and getting to the aftermath  of the ending of book one. 

You also get to know "The other woman", Jessica. Again, how could I possibly like this other woman? Again, I went in with an open mind. Again, Candace proved me so, so wrong. I adore Jessica. In fact, I like her way better than I liked Corrine. Jessica hasn't had the best life. In fact, she's had a downright crappy life. Still, each day she gets up and works her tail off to make it a good day. My heart broke for Jessica and everything she had and did go through during this story.  

Five Reasons to Go isn't instalove. There's a lot of up and down and slow burn but Candace did a great job of having it flow perfectly. I was never bored. I never thought it was too slow or too fast paced. I was emotionally invested in these characters and sucked into how it would play out. While somethings were predictable, there were a few twists I didn't see coming.  

Five Reasons to Go will give you all the feels. It also gives you closure which I was really happy to see. I highly recommend this series. 

I have to admit, I don't go into many books where I pretty much despise the MC.  In Ten Reasons To Stay, the first book in this series, it was pretty much what happened.  Jack was not my favorite character and I was totally not rooting for him.  I pretty much hated him.  Fast forward a few months and this book is released.  I went in and I was glad that I did.  They say that there are 2 sides to every story, and that is what happens in this series.  I was also afraid that this was going to be another instance where it is just another retelling of the original story, just from another POV.  Even though the first chapter or two are like that, you get a whole other story and that is what Jack needed to redeem himself to all of us readers. 
Jack and Jessica are the characters in the first book that you are ment to not like.  Plain and simple.  Jack treated his first wife with little respect when he suggested and open marriage.  Now, some people are ok with an open marriage, but in this instance, his wife (Corrine went through it because she thought it would help their marriage.   Jessica is the homewrecker that is the inevitable downfall of Jack and Corrine's marriage.
Fast forward a few years and Jack is basicly just coasting through life.  He has little to live for and needs something to motivate him to get back into living.  He runs into Jessica and she pretty much tells him to leave her alone.  This is where we see the other side of Jessica.  She is in a loveless marriage and hates her husband except for the fact that he gave her 2 beautiful children.
I love that we got to see the other side of these characters and how something bad can change you for the better.  



   

TEN REASONS TO STAY | FIVE REASONS TO GO

 

Candace Knoebel is a hopeless romantic with an affinity for whiskey and good music. Her love of words began when she met the boy who lived in the cupboard under the stairs. She’s a self-proclaimed Lost Girl. Words are her mirror. With two completed series, her work ranges from paranormal to contemporary, all centered heavily around romance. Currently she lives in Florida with her husband and two children, and has just completed her fifteenth novel, Ten Reasons to Stay. Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Reader Group

No comments:

Post a Comment