Friday, December 7, 2018

Tripping on a Halo by Alessandra Torre

Tripping on a Halo
by Alessandra Torre
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Cover Designer: Perfect Pear Creative Covers
Release Date: December 7, 2018
 

It’s really hard to save a guy’s life when he keeps running from you.
You might be asking yourself why I’m waving an inflatable penis in the air and screaming at the top of my lungs. If I took time to explain, Declan Moss would get hit by a bus.
Let me back up. I didn’t ask for this. I was perfectly happy—and perfectly sane—before I was tasked with keeping Declan Moss alive. It was a thankless job until the moment that my panties dropped and his delicious smirk found his way in between my thighs.
Hello, toe-curling ecstasy. Goodbye, professional boundaries. And suddenly, there’s a new danger to avoid: the falling of my heart.

Goodreads

 

 
I am always excited when Alessandra Torre is putting out a new book. I'm even more excited when I find out it's a romantic comedy. Tripping on a Halo is a sweet, laugh out loud, swoon worthy book. Tripping on a Halo tells the story of "Gaurdian Angel" Autumn and Declan Moss. 
Declan Moss is living his life. He's an architect that recently opened his own firm with his best friend. He's about to land a major contract that will propel his company. He just has one problem, a stalker. He can't shake this blonde that seems absolutely off her rocker.
Autumn is not off of her rocker. She's just trying to do her job, keep Declan alive. Everyone else might think she's crazy but she knows she's not. So what if she swings an over sized penis around and knows Declan's every move. That does not make her crazy, it makes her good at her job. 
I adored the quirkiness of Autumn. There were many, many times that I was laughing out loud at her words and stunts. The cover of this book is 100% how I picture Autumn after finishing this book. It's SO fitting. 
Delcan Moss is sweet and sexy and man did I swoon. I swooned, HARD. 
I loved the banter between Declan and Autumn. I loved watching their relationship blossom. Tripping on a Halo also has a twist that I never saw coming. I knew there would be a twist, there always is in an Alessandra Torre book, but I didn't expect the twist to be it what it was. My jaw dropped open and I had to reread the page to make sure I was reading it right.
We can't forget a very special side character in this story. Mr. Oinks is EVERYTHING. I now want a micro pig. Everyone should have a micro pig like Mr. Oinks. We also get glimpses of previous characters from Alessandra's books. If you're an avid reader of hers you'll instantly spot the Easter eggs she drops.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. If you're looking for a fun, quirky read make sure you pick this one up.  
 

Alessandra Torre is an award-winning New York Times bestselling author of fourteen novels. Her books focus on romance and suspense. Torre has been featured in such publications as Elle and Elle UK, as well as guest blogged for the Huffington Post and RT Book Reviews. She is also the Bedroom Blogger for Cosmopolitan.com.
 

Connect with Alessandra

Facebook Reader Group: http://bit.ly/2s4U9NI
 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment