Lola Nash’s life edges on safe and
controlled, containing few people; her brother, Boyd, a handful of friends and
the facility for special needs children where she volunteers, called Aaron’s
Place. However, a chance meeting shatters her control when she learns someone
else’s closely held secret. The kind of secret causing her explicit and sexy
dreams, all centering around Wes Thompson; known as Adonis in the
ultra-exclusive world of the sex club, Olympus. Wes is intrigued by the
voluptuous beauty who won’t give him the time of day. Like the God he emulates,
he has never been the type to give in when he wants something or someone; Lola
is exactly what he wants. Is Lola the one that can bring a God to his knees or
will Wes conquer her, and then walk away as planned? Is the chance at love
worth the cost of giving up everything you hold important? When the cards are
down, will Wes and Lola call or fold.
Three of Diamonds, book three in the Hamden series, focuses on Seth and Dylan's best friend, Wes Thompson. Wes is used to getting what and who he wants with little or no effort on his part. Women come to him, not the other way around...I mean he is Adonis, Greek God of Desire, at sex club, Olympus.
All of this changes when he meets a sexy, sassy, and curvy bartender, Lola.

"I’m not a diamond or top shelf kind of girl. I’m more the mood ring or house brand. Now, if there isn’t anything else I can get you from the bar, I have a job to do, which does NOT include mingling with the guests. Please, let me take the next guest in line, unless you need a refill on your HIGH END Scotch?”
Of course, all this sexiness and sassy only makes Wes want Lola more. She is the one that he isn't going to let get away. Their first kiss?!? OMG! It was toe-curling delicious!!!
“Hello, Lola. I wanted you to know, that I’m done playing. I’ve tried to be patient, I’ve tried to give you time to accept this. Since you are so sure you can fight this, I’m just going to do what I should have done when I saw you almost a year ago.” And with that said, Wes broke the short distance and leaned down and took possession of her mouth.
Wes manages to force his way into Lola's life. She volunteers at Aaron's Place, an establishment for special needs kids like her brother, Boyd, and Wes becomes a part of a project that they are doing involving horses. He takes Lola for a horseback ride that she, and I, will NOT be forgetting any time soon...HOT! HOT! HOT!
Here's the thing about Wes- I loved him in Three of Spades and Three of Hearts, he was the loyal, advice giving friend. BUT Wes in Three of Diamonds?!? Oh I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that DIRTY mouth!!!
“You may have a problem walking in the morning.”
“I’ll crawl.”
“As long as we are on the same page, Sunshine.”
Wes wants to know Lola fully, but she isn't ok with some of the questions he keeps asking her and she is most definitely not ok with him giving her advice on how to handle Boyd. She doesn't need him to "figure her out".
“I’m not a puzzle for you to figure out, Wes. Stop trying. I’m not perfect, never claimed to be. But I know for damn sure, I’m not one of your little Goddesses or willing slaves who participate in your pagan rituals. Just leave me the hell alone.”
"Before I met you, a bed only had two purposes; to sleep and to fuck...but with you, I’m different. I want to be different.”
Lola and Boyd both fit seamlessly into Wes' life and with his friends.
I LOVED seeing Seth & Dylan again with their wives, children, and family.
Regardless of the happiness that he is feeling, there is someone who wants something that Wes has and if he has to go through Lola to obtain it, he will.
Will Wes be able to stop whoever is trying to take his happiness away or will he once again be left on the outside looking in?

I live in New England
with my young family. I'm a stay at home mom to two very active children. For
all of you who are familiar with the stress of this job, I decided to complete
an item on my bucket list and write a book. When I'm not writing, you will find
me cooking, reading, shopping or being silly with the kids.
I wish you all happy reading and hope you fall in love with the men of Hamden.
Goodreads * Website * Facebook








No comments:
Post a Comment