Title: Wild
Chase, Book #1 in the Vengeful Honor Series
Author: L.A. Bressett
Release Date: September 14, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance
"Music is a Moral Law, It Gives Soul to the
Universe"- Plato
Sometimes it doesn't matter how long you know a person. The effect they can
have on you can happen after four seconds or four years.
In Chase Taylor's case - it's both.
Avery McGuire doesn't just flip on a light inside of her - he sets a blaze to
everything holding her back. After only a week together, he has to leave, but
he strikes a match before walking away that won't easily burn out.
Four years later, Chase finds herself face to face with the boy -now rock star
- who changed everything. The same one she still can't admit to falling head
over heels in love with. She has no idea that her world is about to get rocked,
in more ways than one.
We made our way back down to the fountain and sat down along
the cold, concrete edge, watching the lights sparkle through the falling water.
Avery cleared his throat and I found myself instantly turning my attention back
to him completely.
"So, Chase," he said softly, smiling, "Tell
me something about yourself?"
I don't know what it was about this night or this guy, but I
felt like I could open up to him in a way that I hadn't been able to with
anyone but Vic.
"Which self would that be?" I asked, sounding
almost as sad as the question made me feel.
His smile slipped, but I could see the understanding in his
eyes.
"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that," I sighed,
shaking my head and setting my almost empty ice cream cup down.
Suddenly, a warm hand took mine and gently squeezed it. I
looked up at Avery, and he shook his head at me.
"Nah, don't apologize. Nothing in life is simple. I can
tell you kind of hold back, but I do hope you tell me about all the many Chases' there are because I
think this one is pretty awesome."
I didn't even know this boy's last name, but I knew
immediately that he would wreck me for any other guy that came along.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
L.A. Bressett is a simple,
city-country girl that loves chocolate chip cookies, Erik Northman, and
laughing until her stomach hurts. Her love for books began in diapers and has
only grown over the years. She spends her days listening to music, watching her
two kiddos grow up way to fast, and watching an obscene amount of TV with her
main man. You can catch her on Facebook, avoiding her household chores,
anytime.







I like 30 seconds to Mars. Interesting name that grabs you attention plus awesome music.
ReplyDeleteAvenged Sevenfold
ReplyDelete