Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Blog Tour: Easy to Love You by Megan Smith

Easy To Love You (Love, #2)


Hunter finally has MacKenzie Cahill, the girl of his dreams. A horrible accident finds those dreams threatened. As their lives change, secrets begin to surface. These revelations could prove to be either the downfall of Hunter and MacKenzie or the catalyst that strengthens their bond.
Hunter has painful choices to make. Will he realize what he has before it’s gone? He knows what he must do to save his future, but will he be leaving everyone else in his past?
Will the bond between the two families be strong enough to keep them together?


"True love stories never have ending."- Richard Bach

Danielle's 5 Star Review 
I've had a TON, A LOT, MANY, book boyfriends; I've even had a book husband or two. Hunter McCormick deserves a new label. He's officially my first, one and only, book baby daddy! I LOVE him hard!!!

Easy To Love You starts right before Trying Not To Love You left off but instead of seeing it all again from Mackenzie's POV we see it all from Hunter's. We see the build up, the horrible accident, and the aftermath. I had chills (again) reading it from Hunter's POV. My stomach tied in knots...my heart broke.

Hunter and Mackenzie's baby is delivered and Mackenzie is left fighting for her life. Hunter has to be strong for not only Mackenzie and their families but for their new baby. He is torn in two while being pulled in two different directions.

 photo ETLY-01_zps7f5467da.jpg

When Mackenzie finally wakes up she feels bad that she'd missed the birth of her baby however Hunter and their family and friends stand by her and help her heal physically and emotionally as well.

 photo ETLY-02_zps54f8dc3a.jpg

After Mackenzie is finally allowed to return home she goes through what I know so many moms go through but that some authors seem to overlook. I know it's not what most people want to hear or read but guess what?!? IT'S LIFE! Mackenzie has *gasp* STRETCH MARKS and *gasp* her body didn't shrink back down to her pre-baby size...I LOVED this! She also has scaring and bruising from the car accident. I loved that she had these issues & that she was self conscience about them but what I loved even more was Hunter's reaction to it.


“All of these scars on your body will fade and settle into the back of your mind. All but one, and it’s the best one. You protected Ryder, CC. These scars are proof of that, if you didn’t do what you did; there’s a good chance he wouldn’t be here with us.”


 photo ETLY-05_zps08f5dfd0.jpg

Life is seemingly perfect to Mackenzie. She has the man that she has always loved, a beautiful, healthy baby, and a wedding on the horizon. Mackenzie thinks her family and she are in a safe little bubble after all the obstacles they've faced and survived. That's the thing about bubbles...they POP!

 photo ETLY-04_zps27ff30de.jpg

Secrets will ALWAYS come back and bite you in the ass. It doesn't matter if your reasoning is from love or not; secrets have the power to tear couples apart. Regardless of how strong the couple is. Hunter is keeping a lot of secrets from Mackenzie. He believes he is protecting her from unneeded pain but there comes a time when all secrets but be revealed.


“I’m going to be honest with you. Kenz and I are a lot alike, you know this.” She took a deep breath. “If it was me, I’d run.” She sat on her knees in front of me. “I’d be running because I’m hurt and angry that you didn’t trust me enough with the truth.” She covered my hands with both of hers. “But… I’d come back. I don’t know how long I’d be gone, but I would be back.”


Will Mackenzie be able to forgive Hunter and create the family of three that they both have fought so hard for? Or will the secrets that have been kept for so long tear them apart? Only time will tell.

 photo ETLY-03_zps1964332b.jpg

I CAN NOT gush enough about this book. I love the family/friend dynamics. I love all of Mackenzie's brothers and their constant need to almost rip into Hunter any time he just kissed her. I loved Kenzie & Hailey's "biffy" friendship...they have that friendship that makes you smile and think of your best friend (HI AMANDA!). The girls, the boys, the parents...love them ALL!

I can not wait for Hard To Love You (Mason & Hailey's story) and Let Me Love You (Cooper & Jailynn's story). The ending of this book sets you up for Hard To Love You and Mason...well let's just say he will be a bit "hard to love".


About the Author~
When Megan Smith is not writing she is a wife to her high school sweetheart and a mom to her son. She lives in the New Jersey. At the end of the day when she is done work and being a mom you can find her curled up with a good book or writing on her current story. 

You can add her to Facebook and be kept up to date on where she is with her writing and keep up with teasers of Trying Not To Love You.


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17972425-easy-to-love-you

No comments:

Post a Comment