If you never speak of the past, can it be erased?
Lacey Edwards has a past.
A past which changed her life forever.
A past she is desperate to forget.
Lacey is quiet and reserved compared to her best friend Becca Fox. They became instant friends when Lacey moved to Maryland nine years ago. Becca helped pull Lacey out of her internal shell to experience life. By high school, Lacey was active in the club scene and would occasionally have to drag Becca with her. One night, Lacey realized she might be able to run from her past with the help of Becca and one steamy Caine Rogers.
Lacey didn't know, until it was too late, how feelings, honesty, heartbreak and life altering events can change a person. Lacey has Becca’s support but will that be enough?
Will Lacey sacrifice her own happiness to do what is expected?
***WARNING***
Appropriate for readers 18 & up only!
This novel contains explicit language, sexual situations and abuse that some might find offensive.
Lacey Edwards has a past.
A past which changed her life forever.
A past she is desperate to forget.
Lacey is quiet and reserved compared to her best friend Becca Fox. They became instant friends when Lacey moved to Maryland nine years ago. Becca helped pull Lacey out of her internal shell to experience life. By high school, Lacey was active in the club scene and would occasionally have to drag Becca with her. One night, Lacey realized she might be able to run from her past with the help of Becca and one steamy Caine Rogers.
Lacey didn't know, until it was too late, how feelings, honesty, heartbreak and life altering events can change a person. Lacey has Becca’s support but will that be enough?
Will Lacey sacrifice her own happiness to do what is expected?
***WARNING***
Appropriate for readers 18 & up only!
This novel contains explicit language, sexual situations and abuse that some might find offensive.
5 Emotional Stars
“What is life? Is it a journey or just something that you
have to get through? It seems like a voyage to everyone around me. A blissful
life filled with happy memories occurring on and indefinite timeline. To me
life is more like a struggle to get through each day."
Lacey is trying to forget her past. She moved to Maryland
from Florida with her family and meets her best friend Becca. Lacey’s story
starts when she is a senior in high school. She keeps herself busy with school,
working for her parent’s boutique, and dancing.
Lacey needs the distraction of getting lost in the music to escape from
her silence, from her past. It’s at the
club that she meets him…..Caine. Mr.
Dreamy is every girl’s fantasy come true. On the surface Caine is perfect,
everyone loves him, especially Lacey.
Their romance starts of as a whirlwind and they fall deeply in love,
until things change, and boy do they change.
There were many times in this story where I wanted to jump
in and shake Lacey to open her eyes. I could feel her conflict with the
situations she was in. Was she right? Absolutely not, but this is her journey,
who are we to tell her what to do. I can only imagine the thought process Lacey
went though is exactly what someone else in the same situation would feel. I think
L.U. Ann perfectly conveyed those feelings in Lacey. Becca, I adore her and I
wish I had a friend like her. Her vocabulary cracked me up and making me pull
up urban dictionary on my phone several times. I think I may be adding some of
her words into my daily vocabulary.
Caine, I really have no words for him, I really don’t. I think the game
Lacey and Becca played called Name the Douche bag sums up how I feel about him
and then some.







No comments:
Post a Comment