“I had my first psychic dream when I was nine. Psychic implied power, and powerful wasn’t a word I’d use to describe myself. I couldn’t foretell the future or conjure visions at will, but I couldn’t think of a more fitting word to describe what I sometimes saw in my dreams.”
For 23-year-old Mackenzie Hill, tossing her life down the garbage disposal is easy after a painful incident shatters her life. Her heart is bleeding, and moving to Watcher’s Point is a chance to start anew, only she isn’t prepared for the guy who walks out of her dreams and into the flesh. Literally . . . because she’s been dreaming about this sexy stranger for years.
Mackenzie is even less prepared to face the dark nature of her dreams. They’ve turned disturbingly gruesome, full of blood and murder, and when they begin to coincide with the media’s headlines, she and Aidan realize her visions might be the key to stopping a madman from killing again.
Only Aidan has painful secrets of his own, and perhaps the biggest danger of all is falling for him.
For 23-year-old Mackenzie Hill, tossing her life down the garbage disposal is easy after a painful incident shatters her life. Her heart is bleeding, and moving to Watcher’s Point is a chance to start anew, only she isn’t prepared for the guy who walks out of her dreams and into the flesh. Literally . . . because she’s been dreaming about this sexy stranger for years.
Mackenzie is even less prepared to face the dark nature of her dreams. They’ve turned disturbingly gruesome, full of blood and murder, and when they begin to coincide with the media’s headlines, she and Aidan realize her visions might be the key to stopping a madman from killing again.
Only Aidan has painful secrets of his own, and perhaps the biggest danger of all is falling for him.
4.5 Stars
Epiphany is a book with a little bit of the paranormal and a whole lot of suspense. This book kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat the entire time! There were even a few times that I had to set my Kindle down just to catch my breath and try to process what was happening. It captured me from the very 1st paragraph and even days after reading it, it’s still on my mind.
Mackenzie (Mac) is a shattered girl running from her past. She has moved to a new town to try to start over. She just wants to find a way to live life again with some semblance of happiness. Her new friend, Six, is determined to help her. I adored Six from the moment she was introduced. She is a down to earth, bubbly character; someone you could actually be friends with.
Aidan is also a newcomer to the town. He’s the tall, dark, and handsome man that we all love to read about. Add a little mystery to the mix and he is delicious. Of course he has secrets of his own and isn’t who he seems to be. He’s hit a rough patch in this life and is looking for his own brand of justice. He isn’t looking for love or friends, but fate has other plans.
Mac is a bit of a psychic and has been dreaming about Aidan for years, so when he shows up in real life, she knows that he has some role to fill in her life. As much as they resist each other, as Mac’s dreams become more gruesome and turning up in headlines, they begin to drift closer and to rely on each other.
Mac and Aidan aren’t the only characters with secrets in this book though. It seems like at almost every turn something new is being revealed. Even with all the things going on in this book, never once did I feel like the author was just throwing more surprising tidbits in just for the hell of it. She weaves just an awesome tale and each new surprise is integral to the story. I gasped, said “NO,” and hit my head too many times to count. Just when I thought I had it figured out, the author proved me wrong.
If you enjoy paranormal or suspense, then this is definitely the book for you. This is a great start to a new series and I can’t wait to see what maze the author, Christina Jean Michaels, will bring us through in the next book. The only thing I know for sure is that I’ll be snatching book 2, Awakening, up on release day!

Christina Jean Michaels was born in Paradise, California, but she has found the true home of her heart in Eugene, Oregon where she finds plenty of inspiration for storytelling.
When she was young, her mother said she hated words. Now she can't imagine not writing. She became an avid reader when she was thirteen and discovered the world of Sweet Valley High. About a year later she realized she could play God and write about her own characters. She has been writing in some form ever since.
She lives with her husband and their four children—three rambunctious UFC/wrestling-loving boys and one girl who steals everyone’s attention.
When she was young, her mother said she hated words. Now she can't imagine not writing. She became an avid reader when she was thirteen and discovered the world of Sweet Valley High. About a year later she realized she could play God and write about her own characters. She has been writing in some form ever since.
She lives with her husband and their four children—three rambunctious UFC/wrestling-loving boys and one girl who steals everyone’s attention.
Author Social Media Links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cjmichaels80
a Rafflecopter giveaway





Thank you for participating in the tour! I'm glad you liked Epiphany so much. :)
ReplyDelete