Alluring Indulgence, #3
Travis Walker, the oldest of the seven Walker brothers, has been referred to as moody and mysterious, and for the most part, he would agree. Until recently, he spent his days helping his brothers run the family business. Now, he dedicates his time and energy to building a resort, Alluring Indulgence, that caters to fetishes and fantasies. And despite his attempt to work himself into the ground, Travis has never denied – at least not to himself – that something is missing.
Ten years ago, Travis made the hardest decision of his life, breaking his own heart in the process. A decade later, he is learning that life has a strange way of turning things upside down before placing the pieces exactly where they were meant to go.
Warning: This book contains sexy, smoking hot cowboys that may make your e-reader spontaneously combust. Consider yourself warned. This book contains sexual encounters and graphic language that some readers may find objectionable, including, but not limited to: m/f, m/m, m/f/m, m/m/f encounters, anal sex. Contains graphic material that is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.
Danielle's Review
*****5 MIND BLOWING, FANTASTICALLY AMAZING STARS*****
Three words have kept me DYING for more Travis & Gage...the words? "I love you"? Um...NO!
“Will. Happen. Again.”Those three words have had me on the edge of my seat, my vibrator on standby, and my stalker sense firmly watching Nicole Edwards. And I was NOT disappointed...not for one single page. I LOVE what goes on in that dirty, kinky mind of hers.


At the end of Zane we learned that Travis Walker was keeping a MAJOR secret. He's married and has been for the last 10 years. No one knew until Gage Matthews did some revenge digging to get back at Travis for making him feel things that he didn't have any desire to feel.
Gage found Kylie and lured her to Coyote's Ridge. As it turned out his plan backfired in ways that he didn't expect it to. After spending time with Kylie one on one he start developing feelings for her but she's still legally married to Travis even after all these years.
To say that Gage's betrayal stings Kylie is putting it mildly but most of her wrath and anger? That is all for Travis himself.
“Fuck you, Travis Walker. Fuck. You!”Travis walked away from Kylie and their short marriage because he was keeping a secret from her. A secret that he didn't think that she would understand and before she left him, he decided to leave her...broken and alone.
“Don’t walk away from me, Kylie. Give me a chance to talk to you.”
“You say that like you deserve that chance, Travis,” Kylie retorted. “I don’t owe you anything.”
“There are things about me that you don’t understand, baby. I’m not the man you think I am.”After leaving the only woman he ever loved, Travis became an angry and bitter man. He holds everything in and hides his true self from his parents, brothers, and friends thinking that they would pass judgement on him.
“Travis, I don’t understand.”
“You will one day, I promise.”

“I don’t have trouble sleeping at night. I can’t fucking sleep at night. I haven’t been able to sleep for ten fucking years, dammit. You think this was fucking easy for me? That walking away from you was the end to my problems?”When Kylie comes back into his life he decides that it's time that he claims what he wants...and who he wants.

“Because if she’s getting in your bed, I’m going to be right there with her,” he said, his voice low as he moved closer. They were practically nose to nose when Travis spoke again, “And when I do make it to your bed, I’m going to be buried ball’s deep in your ass until you scream my fucking name. You think she can handle that? You think she’s the type to be open to a ménage? If so, then by all means, make the suggestion. I’ll be there in a heartbeat.”
Travis' family notices the change in him and of course with the rowdy Walker brothers, there is some good natured teasing BUT what shocked me was the heartfelt and beautiful advice that came from wild child Sawyer.
“Is this thing with you and Gage and Kylie serious?”Obviously if you are reading this then you've read a Nicole Edwards book. They are HOT, SEXUALLY CHARGED, BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WORTHY, but they have so much LOVE, HEART, and SOUL in them that it's almost like you are there with them. She draws you into this incredible world and you just FEEL these characters.
“Would it bother you if it was?”
“Have you ever known me to be one to judge?”
“Since I don’t need to hear your answer to know what you’d say, I’m going to ask you this. Are you trying to keep this to yourself?”
“What does it matter?”
“It doesn’t. Not beyond the fact that we just want you happy, and it’s clear you are. That’s a good thing, Trav. You know I’m not one to offer advice, but you need to look at it this way. If you’re happy, what the fuck does it matter what others think?”
“Do you even know what you’re asking? You know my track record, right?”
“And like I said, if you’re happy, what does it matter?”
“Because this is serious shit, damn it. I’m not just playing fucking games like the rest of ‘em. I’m not looking for a temporary threesome.”
“You love them? Both of them?...And just so we’re clear, I don’t care if you need two people to make you
happy or ten. When it’s right, it’s right....in case you don’t remember, we grew up in the same house. Under the same roof with the same set of morals and values. Our parents taught us to be ourselves, and that means we don’t judge others. Granted, we might get away with straddling that moral line more than others, but it also means it’s expected that we do what we should to be happy...I’m not asking for details, but I’ll tell you one thing. If you care about them at all and you want this to work out, you might just have to put your heart on the line. The moment you hold back, you’re resigning yourself to a fate you might not be able to reverse. You hear me, bro?”
My new favorite three words?
“I’m all in.”
Author Bio:
About me... hmmm...
Ok, I've been asked to provide a little bit of "real" information about myself. That's harder to do than you think it is, especially for someone who has difficulty talking about themselves. ;) But, here goes...
I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a kid, I loved creative writing and as I got older, I got acquainted with those voices in my head and that led to putting my stories on paper. And now, here I am all these years later, spending my days doing what I love most. I decided to give myself over to writing full time in 2012 and I haven't looked back. I spent nearly 13 years in the corporate world and I have to say, this is a bit of a change (just a little) and I am loving every second of it.
I live in Texas with my husband and three amazing kids and our two beloved dogs. If I'm not writing, I'm usually reading. I devour everything I can get my hands on. I love romance of any type and being an Indie author myself, I'm always looking for new Indies to support. I haven't always been into reading, but about eleven years ago, I picked up a book - I'm pretty sure it was by Nora Roberts - and from there, I haven't stopped. Before I began writing full time, and my characters started taking up so much of my time, I was reading about 200 books a year. That has dwindled somewhat, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't read.
An interesting fact... I don't watch television - aside from the occasional news anyway. I will go see a movie or two rarely, but for the most part, I get all of my entertainment from a book. Some of my favorite authors include J.R. Ward, Suzanne Brockmann, Lora Leigh, Jane Rylon, Lori Foster, and Jaci Burton just to name a few.

I love your review, Danielle! You brought back those feelings I lead when I was reading Travis. Thank you! I'm all in for Travis and all of Nicole Edwards' books, too! Awesome review for an awesome book!!
ReplyDelete