Sunday, March 15, 2015

Release Day Launch: Pocketful of Sand by M. Leighton





Pocketful of Sand M. Leighton

A story of heartbreak, loss, redemption and second chances: Pocketful of Sand from New York Times bestselling author M. Leighton
Pocketful-of-Sand250

“She’s beauty for my ashes. And I’m hope for her heartache.”—Cole Danzer


I don’t know what makes a great love story. Is it that instant attraction when boy meets girl? The passionate kisses and the fairy-tale ending? Or is it a lifetime of tragedy, paid in advance, for a few stolen moments of pure bliss? The pain and the suffering that, in the end, you can say are worth it for having found the missing piece of your soul?

The answer is: I don’t know. I don’t know what makes a great love story. I only know what makes my love story. I only know that finding Cole when I did, when Emmy and I were running from a nightmare, was the only thing that saved me. That saved us. He was more broken than I was, but somehow we took each other’s shattered pieces and made a whole. If that is what makes a great love story, if that is what makes an epic romance, then mine…ours is the greatest of them all.

Contains material that some may find disturbing. Not intended for readers under the age of 18.
Pocketful of Sand… oh this title will always stick with me!  If and when I go to the beach, I will probably think of Cole.

I went into this book without knowing anything about it.  I probably read the synopsis on it when it first came out months ago, but I honestly didn’t remember it.  Michelle Leighton being the author is enough for me to dive into a book without second-guessing it.  I think this was the best thing that happened for me….  Not knowing what happened kicked the pleasure of reading this story up about 10 notches.   That being said, I’m not going to give you much to ruin it for you.  You need to FEEL everything this story has to offer.

Eden is a single mother on the run with her daughter Emmy.  Cole is an ex pro football player trying to hold onto the past as if it was still with him today.  When a chance encounter on the beach happens, all three of their lives are knocked off balance.  Cole and Eden both have heartbreaking broken pasts they need to work through.  Both have so much to overcome that sometimes it seems impossible.  But there’s always that sliver of hope pushing through.

Michelle wrote Pocketful of Sand beautifully.  Being a mother myself so many emotions went through me while reading this story.  There were times I had to take a break to get my emotions in check.  I’m someone that will jump to the end of a book if my anxiety starts to get to me… I didn’t this time and I’m so proud of myself for pushing through!  There’s a line towards the end of the book that sums up my emotions to a tee.   But I won’t share it because it might spoil some, but if you’re a parent, you will know when you read it.

Michelle does the dual POV like a boss.  I love that we get both sides of the story, it really gives you a complete picture.  The ending I was very happy with, and I’m hoping/praying we will get a book two and soon. 


This book is AMAZING.  Just plain and simple.  If you want a story that will give you the feels… all sorts of them… PICK UP THIS BOOK.

Amazon | iBooks | Barnes & NobleKobo | Google Play 
PoS-MLeighton-LaunchMeme3
Add it on Goodreads
mleighton
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author M. Leighton is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels, these days Michelle enjoys letting her mind wander to more romantic settings with sexy Southern guys, much like the one she married and the ones you'll find in her latest books. When her thoughts aren't roaming in that direction, she'll be riding horses, swimming in ponds and experiencing life on a ranch, all without leaving the cozy comfort of her office.

No comments:

Post a Comment