Thursday, October 8, 2015

Anchor by M. Mabie




I believe in love at first sight.
Now I know soulmates exist.

Nothing has ever been easy for us.
Every fight, every struggle, has been worth it.

I’m stubborn, but what woman isn’t?
She’s hard work and I love the overtime.

He’s frustrating and unpredictable. I hope he never changes.
I love driving her crazy. That’s half the fun.

Lou’s sexy curls.
Honeybee’s pink nose.

He still looks at me like I’m precious and unflawed.
She treats me like I’m the center of her world.

Our future will be full of happiness.
Despite everything, we’re two of the lucky ones.

I took the bait.
She was a lucky catch.

He is the wind in my sail.
She’s the anchor that grounds me.

The wake our love made is beautiful.
Every day I thank God for her.

No matter the hurdles, we’ve jumped them side-by-side.
No matter the obstacles, we’ve made it through together.

For better or for worse, I’d do it again.
I’ll love and protect her all the days of my life.

We made it.
We always will.






https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25383703-anchor?ac=1






This. Book. Is. AMAZING. Seriously, it's everything you could hope for in Casey and Blake's final book. It's got it all; the feels, the humor, the hot sex, and a perfect amount of swoon-worthy lines.

Anchor is the final story for Blake and Casey. You must read this series in order so if you haven't, stop reading now and RUN to Amazon and buy Bait. It will change your life.

Blake and Casey have been through so much that all I wanted was one huge HEA book. I wanted to see them enjoy each other and not have to hide. I wanted to see all their cute quirks together. While it wasn't all flowers and honeybee's, I was left with a huge smile on my face.  My favorite part of this series is that each chapter ended with one thought and the next chapter started with the same thought. I LOVED that. At first I was really worried that Mo wasn't going to do that again. It took a little bit then I got what I wanted. I think that is pure genius. It shows just how connected these characters are to each other.

There were two chapters in this book that threw me off. I wanted this entire book to be Blake and Casey's POV. While I understand why Mabie did what she did, I don't really like it. I get it, it sets up the next books. It gives us a little behind the scenes info we wouldn't normally get from just Casey and Blake's POV but I wanted this book to be all about Betty and Lou. It didn't take away from my rating because this book is way better than 5 stars, it just made me scratch my head, in a bummed kind of way.

There were a couple times I cried during this book. Not because something tragic happened, but because it was so beautiful. I have connected with these characters since Bait and while reading certain scenes I just couldn't help but cry. I am talking snotty nose, can't see my kindle, ugly cry. Damn you Mo. I actually don't mind crying during a book. If I cry during a book it means that the author did her job. She wrote it so well that I feel like I am part of these characters.  I feel what they feel. I love when that happens.

This series officially has a spot on my top five list. Anchor is a book that I will re-read over and over again just to get my feels on. I loved how M. Mabie wrapped everything up perfectly. When you finish this book you will have tears in your eyes and a smile on your face. While you couldn't read Bait and Sail fast enough, Anchor is a book you will savour and read very slowly because you won't want it to end.



I seriously have no words. This book was amazing! One of the best series ending books I've read. This Wake series is definitely in my top series of all time. I fell in love with Blake and Casey right from the beginning and couldn’t wait to see how their story ended.

I was so excited to get my hands on Anchor and M. Mabie didn’t disappoint. I’m not going to say a lot about the story because I don’t want to spoil any of it. If you haven’t read Bait and Sail I suggest you go one click it at once. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Anchor picks up right where Sail left off. We get to see how Blake and Casey deal with what happened at the end of Sail and where their lives take them after that. There isn’t any angst in this book and I was ok with that. It was nice to have a little breather after the hell that Mabie put us through in book 1 and 2. There were 2 chapters in this book that made me say huh. I know what the author was doing by setting up the spin off books. I felt it wasn’t needed but I saw where she was coming from.

M. Mabie has a way with words that draw you in. They grab ahold of your heart, squeeze a little searing a permanent place there for her books and characters. She did things in this book that I haven’t seen yet and I absolutely loved it. I can’t wait to see what’s next for Mabie because I know I will be one clicking it as soon as it’s out.



























M. Mabie lives in Illinois with her husband. She writes unconventional love stories and tries to embody "real-life romance."

She cares about politics, but will not discuss them in public. She uses the same fork at every meal, watches Wayne's World while cleaning, and lets her dog sleep on her head. She has always been a writer. In fact, she was born with a pen in her hand, which almost never happens. Almost.

M. Mabie usually doesn't speak in third-person. She promises.

Amazon Author page → http://www.amazon.com/M.-Mabie/e/B00JG5A6D6
Goodreads Author Page → https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7420449.M_Mabie
Newsletter → http://goo.gl/forms/917BIwS57v
Website→ mmabie.com
Facebook → facebook.com/AuthorMMabie
...and pretty much everywhere you can be on social media.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment