Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Working Gril by A.E. Woodward Blog Tour

TourBanner1  




Tour: Working Girl by A. E. Woodward
 Working Girl by A. E. Woodward  
Publication Date: September 22, 2014   
  Purchase from Amazon  
Add to Goodreads



Life As I Know It: Booze Drugs Gambling Easy Women Such was my life in fabulous Las Vegas. But what do you expect when you’re the daughter of a prostitute. This is not the life I want for myself, and I have a plan. Life As I Want It: Go to college. Get my degree. Get as far from Vegas as possible. But life has other plans. Plans that include him. Life isn’t always sunshine and roses and even the best laid plans change. This is my story. The story of a girl who thought she had it all figured out until life threw her a curve ball. My name is Presley and I refuse to be just another Working Girl.




This was my first A.E. Woodward book and I must say that I will definitely be reading more of her work.  Writing a review for Working Girl is going to be hard. I want to tell you everything that happened but won’t because I don’t want to spoil it for you.

Be prepared to go on a roller coaster ride of emotion. Working Girl is Presley’s story. Her mother is a prostitute and as spent most of her life growing up in the brothel with her friend Chrissy. It’s not the life she wants for herself and has a plan to get out of the brothel, out of Las Vegas, and onto better things. As with all plans, they never really go the way they are supposed to. She is thrown several curve balls that take her plans in a different course, and that includes Emerson. 

Presley never really believed in love and wanted to avoid it at all costs. Emerson is drawn to Presley and will do anything he can to get to know her and become part of her life. Emerson is just so sweet. He cares about Presley and her happiness. 

There are several moments in this book that will make you sad and a few that will have you saying O.M.G. This book was something new. I love when I come across a book that’s different than what I’ve read and this hit the spot. I will say one thing that I had issue with was the whole prostitution/brothel in Las Vegas. The brothel is located in downtown Las Vegas. Prostitution is actually illegal in Clark County Nevada, where Las Vegas is. Other than I really enjoyed this book and couldn’t stop thinking about Presley and Emerson after I finished.  




6966715 A.E. lives in Vacationland with her husband and two children. Between her real job and writing she finds little time to enjoy life's finer things. However in the free time she does manage to steal, she enjoys spending time with friends and family, and reading. A.E. is the author of Kismet and A Series of Imperfections: Imperfectly Perfect, Imperfectly Real, and Imperfectly Bad. Working Girl is her fifth book.










Hosted By
 

No comments:

Post a Comment