Saturday, November 15, 2014

Blog Tour: 15 Minutes by Bethany Lopez


Join us in celebrating the release of 15 Minutes by Bethany Lopez!

Title: 15 Minutes (Time for Love #4)
Author: Bethany Lopez
Age Group: NA
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Models: Tessi Conquest and Fernando Cedeno
Photo by K Keeton Designs
Cover by B Designs
Raised to be the "perfect" wife, Victoria has spent her days maintaining her impeccable outward appearance and her nights mingling with the rich and entitled. When her engagement to Scott ended, Victoria thought she'd be rid of him and his circle of friends forever, but a chance encounter with Brock will change not only the way she sees him, but the way she sees herself.

Brock is a man who's happy and content with his life. A surrogate parent to his now-adult brothers, he spends his days running the company he built himself and his nights playing in his brothers' local band. When he runs into Victoria in the bar after a show, sparks unexpectedly fly, and he's interested in seeing where it goes.

But can the man who's happy with his life, convince the woman who always wants more, to give him a shot with only 15 Minutes on the clock?


When I realized Brock was getting his own book, it became the most highly anticipated of the Time For Love series for me. He has been my favorite from the moment he first appears. But then my world was totally rocked when I discovered the bitch <--- my own personal term…as I’m sure it is others, Victoria was his other half in 15 Minutes! I’m not even going to lie, when 15 Minutes popped up on my kindle I had great warring debates with myself about starting. I put it off for longer than I normally would if I had a Bethany Lopez book in this series pop up. I even bitched to my friends I was putting it off because Bethany had put my Brock with her. How could she?! What was she thinking?! How in the holy hell was she going to make that work and make me a believer?! Simple…she’s Bethany FREAKING Lopez. Nuff said. I’m amazed she pulled it off. Not that she’s not capable but mostly because I was so insanely stubborn about this connection - no way my Brock could be with her - that I just was unwilling to accept it was working, that it made sense, that it was possible, that IT.WAS.HAPPENING. And it was wonderful! And I loved it! And I wound up loving Victoria for Brock.

The ONLY reason I docked half a star, and I’m still feeling a little guilty over it, is because I actually wanted a little more here and there of the story as a whole, especially with Victoria’s background. I also wanted a little more on the casual side of the beginning of their relationship. Brock challenges Victoria to give him just 15 minutes of her time to convince her to see where things can go with them in a casual capacity but then it very quickly turns to something more. The casual side almost is non-existent even though it’s the initial basis for them giving each other a chance. Also, and this could just be my very strong dislike of Victoria from the past books, but learning her background didn’t really soften her to me that much. Her life has been all choice rather than circumstance and I had a hard time feeling bad for her. She had two side of a coin to pick from and then could have chosen her own path regardless of either side. BUT seeing where she came from and how she COULD open herself up to a different lifestyle then she was accustomed and let her guard down for Brock, to trust him and lean on him, THAT softened me to her, that opened me up to like her and accept her. Her and Brock gradually made sense. I think they may even be my favorite couple now. (Insert Bethany taking a bow).

As always it’s great to see all the other amazing characters, to catch up with them and learn some exciting news. I can’t wait for Craig and Gwen’s book. I’m hoping Brock’s brothers and Scott’s boss all will be getting books too. I love watching how all these characters blend together, which include their siblings and families. This is such a wonderfully written series. I’m so glad that I’ve kept with it. Bethany has a lightness and ease to which she writes, even in the sexiest of scenes, everything just flows seamlessly. If you haven’t read this series you should give it a go. And most definitely start at the beginning.

Series Reading Order:
8 Weeks
Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords | iTunes
21 Days
Amazon | B&N | Smashwords | iTunes
42 Hours

Click on covers for more information.

Pre-Order 10 YEARS Now!



About the Author:
Award-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. Since then she has published various YA and NA books. She is a lover of romance, family, and friends, and enjoys incorporating those things in what she writes. When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whenever possible.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment