Sunday, November 9, 2014

Blog Tour: Tamed by K.A. Robinson


Tamed, Torn Series #5, is now live! This book focuses on Adam and Amber. Adam is the guitarist with a wild streak in the Torn Series band, Breaking The Hunger. Amber is the best friend of the main character of Torn, Chloe. Both of these characters have a wild streak, something you're aware of if you've read the other Torn Series books.
Tamed can be read as a standalone.
I hope you like your rockers a whole lot dirty, because with Adam, that's what you'll get.

Mistakes—my life has been full of them. Time and time again, I’ve tried to change, tried to make the right choices, but it doesn’t matter. I always screw up.

I hoped that Adam would be different, that he wouldn’t be a mistake. Our relationship was supposed to be about sex and nothing more.

Fun, easy, simple—that was what we wanted.

But things are never simple, not for me.

Adam changed me. He made me the person I am today. I hate who I am and what I’ve become. I'm not proud of the things I've done.

I thought my greatest mistake would be falling in love with him.

I was wrong.

My greatest mistake is much, much worse.

I’ve lost control.
I have a secret I can’t hide.

It’s going to destroy everything.

My name is Amber, and this is my story.


Tamed is book five in the Torn Series.  You can read this as a standalone but you miss some important pieces if you do.  I would recommend starting with Torn, book one.

Tamed is Adam and Amber’s book.  We meet Amber, who is Chloe’s best friend, in Torn.  Amber’s family took Chloe in when they were younger after Chloe’s Mom abused her physically and mentally.  The two became very close, sisters basically.  There are some things though that Amber won’t tell Chloe, mainly about how she is with men.  After her heart got broken in high school, Amber doesn’t want to open herself up to any man, she just wants to have fun.  That wasn’t that hard until Adam came along.

Adam is in Drake’s band.  He’s the “ladies man” if you will.  From what we’ve read in past books, and the recap in this book, he has a new woman on his lap every night, and there is never a second night for any of them.  Adam is pulled to Amber the first night he saw her, but he doesn’t do anything to make a move.  After a few months he finally decides to talk to her, and bam the two become friends with some added benefits.

I was excited to get Adam and Amber’s book.  In the previous four books we get bits and pieces of both of them but never really what is happening between them.  The first 58% of the book was a recap of the first four books.  To me this was a bit much.  We lived the Chloe, Drake and Logan scenes through all four books so I honestly didn’t want to see it again.  I know it’s a new POV from Amber’s side but it slowed the book down for me.  After it goes through the recap, the book was awesome.  Adam and Amber both have messed up pasts preventing them to open up on a different level with each other.  Amber knows her feelings for Adam are bigger than she is letting on, but right now she’s addicted to him and she’ll hide it to get what she can get.  Everything is going good until Amber accidentally says those three magic words during a night of passion… “I Love You”.  What does Adam do?  Do they keep their friends with benefits going?  Does Adam go on tour and never look back?  Read to find out!

Like I said second half of the book was my favorite.  I wish we got more of just Adam and Amber without recapping the past.  These two had a good story waiting to be told.


K.A. Robinson is twenty-four years old and lives in a small town in West Virginia with her husband and toddler son. She is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of The Torn Series, The Ties Series, Breaking Alexandria, Taming Alec, and Deception. When she’s not writing, she loves to read books that usually have zombies in them. She is addicted to rock music and coffee, mainly Starbucks and Caribou Coffee. 

Facebook |  Twitter | Blog 
Join her mailing list for the latest updates, teasers and giveaways! http://bit.ly/18Ec6X7


No comments:

Post a Comment