Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blog Tour: Nash by Jay Crownover

Crownover Tour Nash photo banner_zps67cacf88.jpg
 photo NashCover_zps279881ba.jpg
Title: Nash (Marked Men #4)
Author: Jay Crownover
Genre: New Adult/ Coming of Age
Publication Date: April 29, 2014
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks, an imprint of HarperCollins
Event Organized By: Literati Author Services, Inc.

Will their past determine their future?

Saint Ford has worked hard to achieve her childhood dream of becoming of nurse. Focused on her work and devoted to her patients, there’s no room for love. She doesn’t need a guy making waves in her calm, serene life—especially when he’s the unforgettable hottie who nearly destroyed her in high school. Dark, brooding Nash Donovan might not remember her or the terrible pain he caused. But he turned her world upside down . . . and now he’s trying to do it again.
Saint has no idea that Nash isn’t the cocky player he once was. Uncovering a devastating family secret has rocked his world, and now he’s struggling to figure out his future. He can’t be distracted by the pretty nurse he seems to meet everywhere. Still, he can’t ignore the sparks that fly between them —or how she seems so desperate to get away from him. But the funny, sweet, and drop-dead gorgeous Saint is far too amazing to give up on—especially since she’s the only thing in his life that seems to make sense.
When Nash discovers the truth about their past, he realizes he may have lost her heart before he could even fight for it. Now, Saint has to decide: is Nash worth risking herself for all over again?




 

Nash is book four in the Marked Men Series by Jay Crownover; you need to read the first three (Rule, Jet and Rome) before you start Nash.

I have to tell you I was so excited to get my hands on this book after reading about Nash and Saint in Rome.  The end of Rome’s book left me wanting more from Nash and Saint, once I got them in this book I was not disappointed!  This story felt real; I related to it a lot and felt like it leaves a beautiful message with you.  I think almost everyone can relate to this book in one way or another; it hits so many different issues.

Nash picks up where Rome left off; with problems with Nash’s Uncle Phil.  We know something is going on with him and we know it’s not going to be good.  Nash is a great guy, always level headed and fun to be around, oh and he’s HOT… and ummm pierced….  ;)  You can’t help but be intrigued with his character.  All the Marked Men have been friends for a LONG time and thanks to Phil became a tight family.  Nash brings Rome into the ER in Rome’s book and that’s where he was reacquainted with Saint, where she is a nurse.  Saint and the boys went to school together back in the day and Nash has always thought Saint was someone he would like to get to know.  Problem is she doesn’t want to give him the time of day.
                                                                                              
Saint recognizes Nash immediately and she tries to steer clear of him.  But of course its not that easy .  Nash is back in the ER with Phil and Saint knows he is going to need some friends when Phil’s prognosis comes back.  Saint tries to push aside all the old feelings that Nash makes come back up to the surface.  Back in school Nash was her crush, even possibly her first love, but because she was overweight and not the “perfect girl” she knew Nash didn’t see her in any other way.  Yes, Nash smiled and tried talking to her, but after a few incidents she finally found out what the true Nash was like…. Or so that’s what she thought for the last few years.

Book four is about the past, present and future.  How can you live right now and look towards your future when you are living in the past still?  Life can be sad, ugly but wonderful if you let it.  You are your worst critic and until you love yourself you can’t really love anyone else.  This is something that everyone needs to remember and I think Jay did a wonderful job of showing us how to do it.  I know I connected to a lot of Saint’s issues and it reminded me of positive things in life that I think we all tend to forget.



Crownover photo JayCrownoverAuthorPiccopy2_zps37a4d3cd.jpg I'm supposed to share interesting details about myself so that my readers get to know me so here we go in no particular order: I'm an natural redhead even though I haven't seen my real hair color in years, I'm a big fan of tattoos and have a half sleeve on either arm and various other pieces all over the place, I've been in the bar industry since I was in college and it has always offered interesting insight into how men and women interact with each other, I have 3 dogs that are all crazy, I live in Colorado and love the snow, I love music and in all reality wish I could be a rock star not a writer or a bartender but I have zero talent so there is that. I love to write, love to read and all I'm interested in is a good story with interesting characters that make the reader feel something. Thanks for taking the time to check my stuff out...
Connect with Jay: 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment