Sunday, April 13, 2014

Breaking Alexandria by K.A. Robinson








Alexandria’s drug-dealing boyfriend, Joel, isn’t exactly the white knight she’s always  dreamed of, but she can’t deny the crazy connection they have. She would do  anything for him, including helping him sell drugs in order to fit perfectly  into his world.

After catching Alexandria dealing for Joel, instead of turning her into the cops, Alexandria’s mother forces her to move to her grandparents’ farm in West Virginia. Spending the summer in the country, away from Joel, is the last thing
Alexandria wants to do. But lucky for her, the sexy farmhand, Landon, who helps  out around her grandparents’ place, is a very nice distraction. She tries her  best to ignore her attraction to him, especially since she still loves Joel.

When Joel does the unforgivable, Alexandria turns to her new friend, Landon, for comfort, and it ignites an undeniable spark of attraction between them.

Soon, she finds herself caught between two very different men, and the struggles within her heart just might end up breaking Alexandria.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20457254-breaking-alexandria?from_search=true





Breaking Alexandria by K.A. Robinson is emotional, heartbreaking, and an overall stellar read. This novel has it all – a love triangle, romance, loss, and self-discovery. It was a truly enjoyable read from start to finish.

Alexandria is anything but pristine and straight laced. She’s dating a drug dealer (Joel), helping him sell, drinking, and her look is anything but conventional. This is a far cry from her average upbringing and naturally blonde hair. After being caught dealing by her mother, she is sent to her grandparents’ farm in an attempt to straighten her out. There she is forced to evaluate the choices that led her to West Virginia. Along the way she builds a friendship with Landon. Everything about Alexandria’s character screamed life-scarring childhood trauma, however, she doesn’t have a dark past full of skeletons. That’s what I loved about her. Her attitude and behaviors were triggered by her surroundings and relationships with others instead of some event she is still coping with.

As much as the plot is about romance and the Joel-Alexandria-Landon love triangle, it’s also about self-discovery for Alexandria. Her revelations were profound and insightful. I loved reading along as her reflections rocked her core and tore her apart. Her transformation throughout the novel is inspiring and something of beauty. There are also countless plot twists that will leave you reeling and in shock. There is nothing predictable about Breaking Alexandria and it was easy to get engulfed in this story and fall in love with these characters.

If you’re a fan of K.A. Robinson’s books, you’re going to devour Breaking Alexandria. For readers who have not experienced her novels, I highly recommend starting with this book. It’s a standalone (unlike her other books which are a part o that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster only to leave you satisfied and content.



4 stars for Breaking Alexandria. This is the story of Lexi who is a teenage girl that believes she has found her one true love and will do anything for him, no matter what that may be. She discovers a lot about herself in this book. She learns about first loves and learns who she is.

I had my opinions formed pretty early in this book. Lexi drove me crazy. She was such the quintessential teenage girl rebelling against her parents,  and as a parent of an almost teenage girl,  I just wanted to smack her. I had decided Joel (her first love) was using her and did not really care about her. I liked Landon immediately and wanted Lexi to end up with him.

Surprisingly KA was able to change my opinions, much to my dismay, throughout the book. These characters grew and changed throughout the book. I ended up actually liking all of these characters in the end of the book even if I did not want to.

Landon was who I loved in this book. He is a country boy with a heart of gold and the body of a hardworking farm hand.

Although at times things kind of just seemed to resolve out of nowhere or very strong feelings just completely changed, I enjoyed this book. It was hot. It had the banter that I love. It was heart wrenching at times. And at times it frustrated the hell out of me-a sign that I am invested in the book which is always a good thing.


"You’re mine, and I intend to keep it that way for
as long as you want me. I keep waiting for the day when you’ll wake up andrealize that you’re so much better than me.”
 
I shoved him down on the bed and climbed on top of him.
 
“Shut up. I’m not better than you. You’re fucking perfect, Joel. Perfect.”

-Joel & Lexi
 
Read the first chapter of Breaking Alexandria here:


http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/share-code/YmZjNDRjYmU1NDYyOGJlYzY3YjE5YjkzOWRmZWY1OjI0/







K.A. Robinson is the New  York Times and USA Today Best Selling Author of The Torn Series and The Ties
Series. She lives in a small town in West Virginia with her husband and toddler son. When she isn't writing, she is reading or listening to rock music.




No comments:

Post a Comment