Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Fine Line by Alicia Kobishop

 
Publication Date – December 6, 2013
Type – Stand Alone
Genre – Romance
 
High school senior Liv Evans has one rule: No attachments. She’s lost enough in her life and has vowed to do whatever it takes to make sure she never again feels the emptiness of losing someone she loves. Boys are a fun distraction, but a serious relationship is something she’d rather live without. Her determination for a future free of pain and heartbreak is put to the test when she meets–and quickly forms an unexpected bond–with Logan Tanner.

Logan has always been a free spirit, but ever since a life-changing event took place, which left him doubting the integrity of those who are closest to him, he’s taken that term to a whole new dangerous level. Learning the hard way that life is too short for worries or work–and that women can’t be trusted–Logan has exchanged steady work for street racing. When Liv walks into his world, everything he thought he knew about life and women is challenged.

In The Fine Line, Liv and Logan will discover if it’s possible for true love to have a future, or if history is destined to repeat itself
 
First let me tell you I’m not normally a fan of books where the main characters are young. Olivia (Liv) Evans is a high school senior at seventeen and Logan Tanner is nineteen and works as a mechanic who street races. Don’t let their age get in the way, The Fine Line was wonderful and kept me entertained! 

We first meet Liv who has sworn off relationships since every male in her life has abandoned her and her Mom. She just bounces around having fun with friends but never lets it get serious. She doesn’t want the heartbreak anymore.  

“Never again. I’m done. This is the last time I will ever have this feeling."

Melody is Liv’s best friend and a character I loved in this story! She has a boyfriend named Nate and those two are inseparable just like Liv and Melody. You can’t help but love all the characters while you read… well there is a few you will hate but for the most part everyone is enjoyable! 

Logan is friends with Melody’s boyfriend Nate and their friend Isaac. Liv meets Logan at River Fest and there is an instant attraction on both ends. Logan can tell Liv is standoffish but he knows what he wants and decides to peruse her first as friends and then as more.   

“Life is for living, right? No regrets.”
“No regrets,” he repeated.”

Logan is a freaking saint when it comes to Liv. Some of the things she did had me doing the “ARE YOU KIDDING ME” multiple times. Logan is just so swoon worthy! 

"You are my first choice. You're my only choice."

Their relationship is completely up and down; first they want to be friends, then more than friends, back to friends, to crap I screwed up to and we need to fix this. You understand why Liv is the way she is but Logan was making everything so easy for her! Angst all the way! It was honestly just the book I needed when I started it.

This story is built around all the characters and street racing, not too much racing but just enough. I loved the Fast and Furious movies so this was fun to read because all I pictured was scenes from the movie. The second half of the book will have you reading faster because you want to know what happens. The author wrote the story very well, I was surprised to see this was her first novel. I’m hoping she will extend this into a series one day… I would love to know what Liv and Logan are up to and hear more on the secondary characters!
 
 
 
 
 
Alicia Kobishop, who was born, raised, and currently resides in the greater Milwaukee, WI area, is a happily married mother of 2 young children. "The Fine Line," a new adult contemporary romance, is her debut novel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment