Thursday, December 4, 2014

Blog Tour Review: Ready or Not by J.L. Berg



Born into wealth and privilege, free-spirited Liv Prescott left it all behind when she realized there was more to life than living off of trust funds and barely skating by. Since then, she’s worked and fought for everything she’s earned and never looked back at the world or the family she left behind.

Jackson Reid is starting over with a new job in a brand new city. A single father to his son Noah, he hopes the change will help strengthen the bond that has seemed to suffer since puberty reared its ugly head. What he hadn’t planned on was Liv—his exotic next-door neighbor who drives him insane with her wild, new age lifestyle, but still manages to leave him aching for more.

As challenges arise and feelings intensify, will these neighbors be able to look past their differences and find a middle ground? When love comes knocking, will they be ready, or not?


Google Play: http://bit.ly/1yeoRBV




Ready or Not is the fourth book in J.L. Berg’s Ready series and is an incredible addition to this enjoyable series. Once again, Berg has written a novel that I couldn’t put down.  I fell hard for the characters and was swept away by her words into a world I could vacation at permanently.

Jackson Reid, a studly single father looking for a fresh start. Liv Prescott, a free spirit who left behind the security of her family for independence. I love Liv for her dedication to her happiness, even if it meant sacrificing family ties and throwing herself into the unknown. As for Jackson…oh la la. Ladies control yourselves. There is nothing sexier than a man doting on a child. Our hero will do everything in his power to provide for Noah and keep him safe. Throw these two together and sparks fly. Their relationship starts out playful and quickly turns passionate. I loved seeing how seamlessly each fit into the other’s life, filling a void within each. As perfect as this twosome is, they cannot avoid the inevitable drama and obstacles J.L. Berg is known for writing.

If you haven’t had a chance to dive into the Ready Series, I highly recommend you become familiar with these spectacular stories. J.L. Berg does not disappoint and delivers a truly remarkable book that everyone will love.


I’m a California native, who lives in the South – Virginia to be exact. I still prefer sushi to fried chicken, avocados to okra, and I absolutely loathe humidity. I do love watching the seasons change though. My husband and I have been here for ten years, and I still get giddy like a school girl every time it snows.

I’m married to my high school sweetheart. We were married young, barely out of high school. Everyone told us we were crazy and stupid. We’ll be celebrating 12 years of marriage this year, and I love him more every single day. We’re living proof that true love knows no age limit.

We’ve been blessed with two beautiful daughters who continue to amaze and inspire me, and are probably making me go a bit insane. I’m obsessed with yoga and pilates and am a complete chocoholic. I apologize in advance for the amount of sweets in my book.

I’m absolutely obsessed with romance novels (duh) and probably could have built a vacation home with the amount of money I’ve invested in them over the years. Romance novels take you to another place, making your heart race, emotions swell, passion run free. After so many years of meeting hundreds of fictional characters and discovering their worlds, I found myself creating my own.

I am represented by Jill Marsal of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency, LLC.


Author Website:http://www.jlberg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment