Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Release Day Blitz and Review: Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven



When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time. 

Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks.




This book blew me away! I absolutely feel in love with the blurb and needed the book as soon as possible. Then once I opened the first page, I was sucked in. These characters flew off the page and into my head space. I lived with these characters.
Bad Romeo flips back and forth with the present and the past. This was a trend earlier this year that I grew tired of. I don’t think it is easy to pull off where I don’t want to skim through the past chapters. But Leisa NAILED it! I was just as invested in the past chapters as I was in the present. I almost wanted the past more. I NEEDED to know what happened to Cassie and Ethan that separated them. Why was there amazing connection and love broken. More importantly, who was to blame? Did I have to hate Ethan?
I absolutely loved (see a trend here) the Romeo and Juliet connection. This book was fresh and original. The characters were truly amazing and real.
This is a must read for everyone! Like please please please read this book! I loved it so much. I am dying for Broken Juliet. I need more of their story. The book does have a cliffhanger but it isn’t crazy awful, it just leaves you wanting more and more. 



 Writing has always been a passion for Leisa, and even though she originally intended to be an actress, it wasn’t long into her time at drama school that she began writing plays.
Those plays were bad. Very bad. Well, her friends thought they were good, but that’s because they were always cast in them and any opportunity to be on stage was met with an obnoxious amount of enthusiasm.
Since then, she’s honed her craft, and several of her plays have been produced and toured
throughout Australia.
These days, playwriting has given way to fiction writing, and Leisa’s debut novel, BAD ROMEO, will be available in a worldwide release through Macmillan Publishing in December 2014.
Leisa lives in Australia with her husband, two little boys, three cats, and a kangaroo named Howard.
(Howard may or may not be her imaginary marsupial friend. Everyone should have one.)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your review, Debi! I'm beyond honored.

    I hope you and the whole team have a spectacular holiday season.

    L x <3

    ReplyDelete