Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Blue Tale by Sarah Dosher



The rock legend’s daughter…
Eli Blue Savage doesn’t trust musicians, especially those that idolize her dad.  Her heart’s been broken by everyone she’s ever loved. Fairytale dreams and the music she locks inside her heart are all that keep her alive.

The musician with a dark past…
Deacon Chastain plays a blue guitar to match his rock idol, the man that saved him from a path of destruction.  His life revolves around music; it’s the only thing that saves him from the darkness.

Hearts beat to the same rhythm…
Broken and scarred by their pasts, can they find a way to heal and move forward?  No matter the adversity, even the hardest of hearts can be softened by love – music is easy; life is hard.







There is something about watching an author bloom; one where you read her debut novel and think, “Wow. She’s got it!” She knows how to make you connect with and fall in love with her characters. She is able to plunge you into whatever world she has created and make you want to visit it over and over again. Sarah Dosher is one of these authors. I absolutely fell in love with her writing with her 1st book, Haven from the Storm (which is a different series than A Blue Tale.) With each book, Sarah gets better and better. A Blue Tale is her 3rd book, and she does not disappoint.

Elizabeth (Eli) Blue Savage is the daughter of rock legend, Kirk Savage. She is unlike other famous children. She is surprisingly grounded, works for what she has, and doesn’t take things for granted. Besides her father’s tragic death when she was a young teenager, her life is seemingly perfect. However, as we find out about her past abuse by her mother, we see how hard her life once was. I love Eli; she has an underlying strength that she isn’t aware of. She loves with her whole heart and is fiercely loyal.

Shaw is her childhood best friend and ex-boyfriend. The love the two have for each other runs deep. I loved Shaw. Other than the one mistake he made where Eli is concerned, I fell for him. If Deacon didn’t eclipse him, I would definitely want these two to end up together. Honestly, there were times when I was rooting for him. He is always there for her and looking out for her, even when she tries to push him away.

Oh Deacon, Deacon, Deacon. His skeletons run deep. This man is definitely broken and who could blame him? Growing up in the foster care system and on the streets has made him a bit hard and very rough around the edges. But, he is a really good guy. He also loves Eli. The two have met briefly in the past, and he feels he owes her his life. He feels like she saved him, and in a way, she did. As the past catches up to him and infiltrates their present, he ultimately take a huge chance to save her and tragedy strikes. Together, the two have to conquer the murky waters of loss, healing, and love. They have to learn how to deal with the choices they make and guilt they feel.

I loved every second of this book. It is beautifully and skillfully written, which is what I’ve learned to expect from Sarah Dosher. It is a definite must read!



Sarah has this incredible way of painting such a vivid picture in front of you, not just with her words but the emotion she creates behind them, that you can't help but get lured into the story...page after page. Although I didn't cry nearly as much as I did in her other books, I should have been prepared - and know better - that she'd break my heart. That sweet, sweet Sarah I think enjoys making her readers snotty cry. Let's just say the last few chapters (and Epilogue) I dragged my trusty Puffs box to my side and clung to them until the last word....not that I wasn't a bit misty eyed through out.

Eli Blue Savage is the famous daughter of rock Legend Kirk Savage who died tragically, leaving her his label and legacy. She works her ass off to go from being the-daughter-of to being Eli Blue Savage.

Deacon Chastain is the incarnate of Kirk Savage down to his blue guitar. Growing up not having much and having to do whatever he could to survive, music was his one saving grace...and a girl who took a chance and believed in him when no one else did.
When Eli and Deacon meet the attraction is startling, it's electric and undeniable. They have a past that links them and pulls them together...but it's also their respective pasts that threaten to pull them apart forever.

Your heart will ache with each of their struggles. Eli not only has to contend with her feelings for Deacon but her ex Shaw, who I loved then hated and then loved and loved and loved. She struggles with the the loss of her father, the conniving bitch of a mother she was saddled with and getting caught up in a plot twist I never saw coming. It's Deacon's past, his heart - so big for the ones he loves - that almost destroys not only his love with Eli but everything he's worked so hard to accomplish in the music industry.

From the start the Prologue had me panicked and twisted up in knots. I kept trying to guess where it was all going but I was so busy figuring it out and clinging to every word that when shit hits the fan...and does it ever...I was completely thrown. A Blue Tale was beautifully unexpected. Nothing ordinary or predictable about it. Every twist, every turn, will draw you in and when it's all over, you'll want to turn around and do it all over again.

Don't miss out on A Blue Tale. Sarah has once again told an exceptional story you will not want to let pass by.


Sarah Dosher was born and raised in rural Oklahoma where she currently resides with her cowboy husband and twins (one cowboy and one cowgirl). She spends her day slaving away in healthcare and her nights pouring her heart out to her keyboard. She is addicted to books and The Golden Girls. Her love for reading inspired her to start her writing journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment