Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blog Tour: Finding My Forever by Heidi McLaughlin

 
 
Cover designer – OkayCreations
Cover model – Brandyn Farrell
Photographer – Scott Hoover
 
 Everywhere I look, my friends are settling down - marriage, children, white picket fences; but not me. Marriage isn't in the cards for me. I’m a ladies man.

A rock star.

I was born and raised in the industry.
I love everything about my life, especially the attention from the women that my status brings me.

Women find me. I don’t chase. I know what they want and they know I’ll deliver.

But after one look, one touch, one night...

now I’m the one doing the chasing.

I need to find a way to show her that I’m serious, that I can change.

I need to find a way to show her that I can love her fully, and only her.

I need to find a way to show her that she’s my forever.
 


  Finding My Forever is book three in the Beaumont Series. You must read book 1 Forever My Girl, book 1.5 My Everything and book 2 My Unexpected Forever before you read FMF. 

FMF is Jimmy and Jenna’s story. This story had me heartbroken, annoyed and fanning myself from the steaminess. Be ready for some surprises and a whole lot of twists coming your way.

 JD “Jimmy” Davis is the guitarist of 4225 West. He is known for his womanizing ways ever since his ex-girlfriend Chelsea broke his heart. He planned to marry her and had his whole life planned out by her side. Chelsea is nothing but a bitch. He is so much better off without her! Jimmy’s new plan is no wife, no children, no worries. That slowly starts to change once he meets Jenna. After one night of fun with her at Liam and Josie’s wedding he knew she could be the girl to change his mind and heart.

Jenna Hardy had the perfect life growing up. She had parents that loved her, awesome friends and a wonderful boyfriend, Damien Mahoney, whom she ends up marrying. After getting married though her life falls apart and she leaves her husband after three years of marriage. She ends up jumping on a bus and finding herself in Beaumont. She gets a job at Josie’s shop and that’s where she’s been for the last four years. She loves Beaumont and her new life with her friends and their families. Being that her friends are Josie and Katelyn she is around the guys of 4225 West a lot. Jimmy catches her eye immediately even though she knows that there couldn't be anything between them since he’s not a “settle down” type. That doesn’t stop her though from having the best time of her life with him. 

This book had me on a high of emotions. One minute my heart completely hurts for Jimmy and Jenna and the next I am beyond frustrated with Jenna for not seeing what she has right in front of her! Gosh I wanted to shake her at some points. You will also get irritated with Jimmy a little bit. But the next minute you will be swooning over Jimmy and his words. What Beaumont book would it be if we didn't have some crazy chick added in.... you get one of those and she will disgust you. All the hot steamy scenes are back as well. At the beach, shower, car, bed... they’re all packed in here. Reading Jimmy and Jenna grow together as a couple, making mistakes and fixing their problems was perfect. 

This series is AMAZING!! If you are like me and fell head over heels for Liam in Forever My Girl you will LOVE this story. Harrison in My Unexpected Forever had me wrapped around his little finger... I honestly still think I have a book hangover from his book. Once I finished book two My Unexpected Forever I wanted more of everyone immediately. You will not be disappointed when you read Finding My Forever; you will have plenty of everyone to go around. *Happy Dance* The only ones we don't see much of are the kids. I was hoping we would get more but I completely understand why we didn't. Liam is still my number one and the reasons why are confirmed in this book. HEAD OVER HEELS FOR LIAM. MINE MINE MINE!! Yes, Jimmy did start to win me over in his story, when I hit about 28% I was majorly swooning. Jimmy is super sweet and you just want him to come out on top during the whole story. There are plenty of obstacles in his way though... can he do it?
 
Heidi just announced that there will be other books in this series and that makes me the happiest girl in the world!! WHOOHOOOOO!!! If you have not read this series, you are seriously missing out! Buy it today, you will NOT be disappointed!!


 Ok - so here's the thing - I'm slightly, completely, and 100% totally in love and madly obsessed with this series. When I find out another book is coming out I get my happy dance on, mark my calendar, and prepare to one-click.


First there was Liam.
Next was a little bit of Nick.
Then there was Harrison. ---MY FAVORITE - MINE!
And now there's Jimmy.


Jimmy ”J.D.” Davis is the jack-of-all-trades for his band, 4225 West.
He plays anything from guitar to the piano to the harmonica.
He's also the only one of the trio that hasn't settled down and started a family of his own, because, to put it politely, he's a man-whore due in large part to walking in on his evil, vile, bitch of an ex-fiancé cheating on him with not one but two men.
Yeah - shit like that can make you think twice about forever.

Jenna Hardy survived a vicious three-year marriage where she was not only mentally but physically abused. With the help of her parents, she left her husband, Damien, and town after signing divorce papers. Jenna has been building a life in Beaumont for the last four years, where she has not only been working for Josie at Whimsicality, but also has become best friends with Katelyn and Josie, becoming a part of the family they have all created.


After all the years of feeling safe from her past, Jenna is surprised when Damien shows up in Beaumont to reclaim what he believes is his property - her. Jenna's new ”family” won't allow her to be hurt, and when the men find out about the abuse that Jenna went through, they will stop at nothing to keep her safe.

But there's a problem - Jenna is pregnant and has been keeping this a secret because the baby's father is a bit of a playboy and he was only a one-night stand.

"We're just friends, but he doesn't know. I don't know if I'll tell him. He's not really the commitment type."
"Do you think he'll change his mind when you tell him?"
"It's better if I do this by myself."
 
Jenna has no problem being a single mother and with the threat of Damien in Beaumont, she decides that leaving is the safest thing, not only for her, but for those that she has grown to love and care about. This of course doesn't go over well with anyone, so Jimmy decides to swoop in and take Jenna away to Bora Bora for some R&R and allow her time to feel safe again.

Jimmy wants to take care of Jenna in more ways than one and when sparks fly and clothes start coming off it's crazy H-O-T!



So obviously when the two return as a couple, holding hands and all, everyone is a little surprised to say the least but after some convincing everyone seems to be ok with the pairing.

Jimmy and Jenna quickly get the hang of this couple thing, however, there are certain things that are holding them back- Jimmy is keeping a few things from Jenna where his evil, vile, bitch of an ex-fiancé is concerned while Jenna is VERY insecure about their relationship. She thinks that he will fall into the old habits that he has been accustomed to for so long.

It's stupid. I'm stupid. My feelings are stupid and I'm starting to hate that every image I have of Jimmy is tainted even though he hasn't given me a reason to feel this way. But my head...it's telling me to run fast.
 


When 4225 West leave to go on tour, Jimmy will once again be thrown into the spotlight that he has been able to avoid for so long and Jenna is nervous yet again that the temptation and groupies will be too much for Jimmy to say no to.
Here's the thing though - I NEVER, NOT ONCE thought Jimmy would go against his word and stray - NEVER!
He's so crazy in love with Jenna and the future that they are creating together that it just wasn't possible in my mind.
Hell he even went all dreamy musician and wrote a song for her:

After we set sail, there's gonna be storms
Just don't lose faith in me cause I'll keep us on course
Remember this day, it's written in the stars
We're on our way to forever, girl, it's not that far...
 
Tragedy strikes when they least expect it and leaves the couple fighting with demons from their pasts that are trying to keep them from finding their forever .
 
"You both make me believe that it doesn't matter how you got together, but what you do once you have each other is what counts. Maybe that's the secret."


*****************************************************
I love nothing more than when a book or series I already love lives up to my expectations. I hate being disappointed and there wasn't a moment that I wasn't completely happy with this story. I of course got my Harrison fix, more so than I even expected, but we were able to get plenty of Liam too, which even though I'm a Harrison girl, is a damn good thing. I CANNOT wait for more from this series, and at this point, I'm wondering if Heidi McLaughlin knows how to write anything less than awesome.

Here's to hoping that 4225 West continue to rock out and continue to live their lives happily with their forevers.

 
  
A USA Today Best Selling Author
 An Amazon Best Seller
 A Barnes and Noble Best Seller


  Heidi is the author of USA Today, Kobo, Digital Book World, Amazon and Barnes & Noble Bestselling series, The Beaumont Series.

Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband and two daughters. Also renting space in their home is an over-hyper Beagle/Jack Russell and two Parakeets.

During the day Heidi is behind a desk talking about Land Use. At night, she's writing one of the many stories planned for release or sitting courtside during either daughter's basketball games.


Facebook | Twitter | Website | Pinterest | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment