If the decisions you make don't define you, what price would you pay to change them? "Close your eyes. This is the darkness I see, I feel, I live because of my choices. I spent my life running. Running from my past. A past that changed my life, robbed me of my childhood, and bound me for a life of silence. Silence protected me from further hurt. When I couldn't control my life, I found reprieve in my silence. Dark, cold silence. I'm trapped, trying to find my way out, trying to make a stand, trying to finally live; but is it too late?" Lacey Edwards fought emotional turmoil most of her life. She made choices that unknowingly put her through more painstaking heartache. She found bits and pieces of happiness in all the wrong areas except for one. This one gave her hope for a fresh new life full of promises. Could she hold onto it, or would it slip through her fingertips? ***Warning*** Mature content. Not appropriate for audiences 17 years and under. This novel contains explicit language, sexual situations, abuse and social issues that some might find offensive.
LU Ann has done it again. She delivered a book that makes you feel every emotion you could possibly think feel. Again this book deals with abuse and may not be for everyone, but I feel that this, as well as Destructive Silence needs to be read by everyone. This is a story that could so easily happen to anyone and does happen to several individuals out there.
Destructive Choices starts where Destructive Silence leaves
off. We get to see the journey that Lacey goes on after the accident and trying
to become her own individual, while trying to raise her son. Is it an easy
task? Of course not, this is Lacey’s world. Nothing is easy for her.
She is surrounded by her family, some new
and some not so new, like Devon. Oh my Devon..sigh..he is very swoon worthy and has jumped to the top
of my book boyfriend list. There are several times in this book, just like the
first, where I wanted to slap Lacey and make her open her eyes, but I also had
to remember that she is still so young .
Destructive Choices hit me hard emotionally. I smiled, I was
angry, I laughed, I cried, I sobbed, I swooned, and most of all I enjoyed the ride
even if I wanted to throw my kindle across the room. LU Ann pours her heart out in this book and
every moment is worth it. I already can’t wait..no I NEED the next book.
OMGosh, no no no!
Thank you so much for inviting me. I'm so excited to meets the mysterious
"Mean Girls".
Does Devon exist in real life b/c I need a piece of him?
Yes and no. Just like
Destructive Silence, this includes parts of my life. Devon's character is not
real. Sorry ladies!!! However, a few of his actions in this story are those of
my husbands. I don't want to give anything away.
What is next for this series?
The project I'm
working on right now is Caine's novella, Self-Destructive. Once that is
completed, I will finish the series with Destructive Release.
What is your writing process like? Do you listen to music? Drink lots of wine at all hours of the day?
Writing process, hmm…
Well, on school days, as soon as my daughter gets on the school bus, it's time
to write. I drink lots and lots of coffee. Strong coffee!!!! Music is a must
and it can't be soft or light, no I need the loud, bass and drum kicking music.
I usually forget to eat by supper time. And good Lord, when I write at night,
alcohol is usually involved. The scene usually dictates quantities. LOL
I have learned to take a notepad everywhere I go. You'd be surprised where some of the scenes have popped up in my head.
What other genre would you like to write in beside New Adult?
I have plans for a
children's series my daughter will be part of. I'm really excited. You'll hear
more within the year.
Who would you dream cast for Devon? Lacey?
I have not found my
Devon. If you find him, please let me know!! Lacey can easily be
Melissa
Benoist
What was the easiest scene to write in this book?
The hospital scenes
were the easiest. I love Becca and Easy/Dirty Smurfette Mindy. They made
writing a lot of fun.
What was the hardest?
The Epilogue and A
Note from the Author. Trust me, you'll understand when you read it. :)
Who inspired you to write a book?
I would have to say my
late mother. When I moved to Colorado a little over a year ago, I had been on
the go constantly doing volunteer work. I loved it, it was so fulfilling, but
moving to a new place afforded me the opportunity to write about something I am
passionate about. I am so happy I went through with it because I have no intentions
on stopping any time soon.
Top 5 book boyfriends?
Chase, Taking Chances,
Stealing Harper
Sebastian, Rose of
Thorne and Thorneless
Jaxxon, Beautiful
Broken Rules, Beautiful Broken Mess
Tripp, Searching for
Tomorrow
Liam, The Boy Who
Sneaks In My Bedroom Window
Ready for Rapid Fire Questions?????
NO! :)
Red or White?
White, but MUST be
sweet!
Beer or Liquor?
Beer
Skiing or sitting by the fire?
Are you crazy????
Sitting by the fire. Holy cow I'm scared of heights!
Kinky Kindler or Nooker Hooker?
Kindle
Celebrity Crush?
Hello? Is there anyone
besides Adam Levine? Oh crap there is… Enrique Iglesias.
Most embarrassing moment?
Well, I will blame
this on being sick at the time. I was out shopping and didn't realize I was in
the Mens room until I was washing up and a man came out of one of the stalls.
Yes, very embarrassing!
Who would you fan girl all over?
Colleen Hoover for
sure!
Car or bed?
Bed, I want ROOM!
Wall or shower?
Shower!!!
Favorite Comfort food?
French Fries
Best piece of advice you were ever given?
Write what you want,
not what is readily available to readers. I was told to stay true to myself by
Teresa Mummert and I pray that advice pays off. Love her!!!!
Okay we will stop torturing you now and you can get back to
writing! Thank you for hanging with us! Much love LU Ann!
Thank you Mean Girls!!
Love you all to pieces!
Author L.U. Ann moved to Colorado from the Eastern Shore of Maryland with her husband and two children. Life in Colorado is so much different. In Maryland, you would find her in the garden tending to her vegetables and flowers, sea glass and shark tooth hunting once a week, and enjoying the kids swimming in the backyard. Her life took a drastic change when her family moved to their own “Little House on the Prairie" at an elevation of over 6,000 feet above sea level, and a semi-arid climate that makes it hard to grow anything. While barely anything can grow where she resides now, the wildlife makes up for it. Mountain Lions, and coyotes, and rattlesnakes, oh my! She tries to spend a little time each day writing, but domestic chores around the house usually take precedence. She would much rather hide them from her husband. She tends to her loving four-legged children who at times become much too demanding when she locks herself in the office. This often results in MORE domestic work, and she finds herself cleaning up after their deviant behavior. At night, you’ll find her begging the kids to go to bed so that she can catch up on the latest book before her sister can. Yes, she is an avid reader who escapes her chaotic but wonderful home to the feisty depths of romance land in search of her newest book boyfriend. Shh, don’t tell her husband. She is an artist by the grace of God. She worked as a set designer for six years, helping establish a local children's theatre where she was the scenery artist, set, and prop designer. Before that, you would find her covered in paint, so engrossed in painting a mural that time didn't exist. Graphic design is her guilty pleasure. Destructive Choices is the second book in The Destructive Series. Each book will hit its reader with lots of angst hoping for a happily ever after.
January 6
Love Romance Books / Naughty & Smutty Book Blog / Whirlwindbooks / Sassy Girl Books / Promiscuous Book Blog
January 7
Miscellaneous Thoughts of a Bookaholic / Not Everyone's Mama / Our Fictional Boyfriends / Who You Callin' a Book Whore? / Mean Girls Luv Books / Once Upon A Page
January 8
Once Upon a Dream Review / Tiffany Talks Books / Reading My Way to Penned Con / Living Between Books
January 9
January 10















No comments:
Post a Comment