Kat MacGregor has forty-eight hours to make good on the debt her ex-boyfriend owes a crime boss. Unfortunately, the measly tips she makes waitressing are barely enough for her to live on, much less cover the twenty-thousand needed to keep her breathing. With time running out, Kat 's forced to accept help from the only man who's ever made her feel fire rather than fear.
When he learns a friend's sister is in trouble, former Boston MMA fighter Aiden "Irish" O'Brien heads to Louisiana to offer himself up as collateral to keep her safe. But to satisfy the debt, he has to do the one thing he swore hed never do again: fight. With more than just money on the line, will Irish have what it takes to not only reclaim the man he once was, but become the man he needs to be for the woman he can't live without?
When he learns a friend's sister is in trouble, former Boston MMA fighter Aiden "Irish" O'Brien heads to Louisiana to offer himself up as collateral to keep her safe. But to satisfy the debt, he has to do the one thing he swore hed never do again: fight. With more than just money on the line, will Irish have what it takes to not only reclaim the man he once was, but become the man he needs to be for the woman he can't live without?
Another fighter. Another steamy romance. Another knockout book from Gina Maxwell!
I have a weakness for book boyfriends who are MMA fighters. They are my kryptonite. Going into reading Fighting for Irish, I was sure I’d like it. I immensely enjoyed the first two books in the Fighting for Love Series, so I had my fingers crossed hoping to be smitten with the third.
Overall, I am over the moon with this story. I got sucked in quickly and absolutely devoured every last word. I easily fell in love with Aiden “Irish” O’Brien. He has this badass, tough exterior but deep down he carries huge burdens of grief and guilt from the baggage of his past. In an effort to make amends with his demons and help his friend out, he vows to protect Kat MacGregor at all costs. My heart broke for Kat’s past and the horrors she faced growing up. I really found myself connecting with these characters. Aching with their pain, smiling when bits of their emotional walls crumbled, and blushing when the chemistry was electric. Watching the relationship between her and Aiden unfold was both soothing and heartwarming.
If you haven’t had the chance to dive into the Fighting for Love Series by Gina Maxwell, I urge you to get to clicking. These fighters are irresistibly sexy and their stories will consume you from beginning to end. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series. I know Gina won’t disappoint!
Rules of Engagement
Seducing Cinderella
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author, Gina L. Maxwell, is a shameless romance addict with no intentions of ever kicking the habit.
Growing up, she dreamed of helping people escape reality with her sublime acting abilities. It wasn't until college when she realized she had none to speak of, thereby derailing her lifelong plans.
Another ten years would pass before she discovered a different means to accomplishing the same dream: writing stories of love and passion for romance addicts just like her.
Thanks to the support of her amazing family, Gina is now the Boss of the world's first organized romance mafia, the Maxwell Mob, and living her dream of bringing a little romantic fantasy to the world--one steamy novel at a time.







No comments:
Post a Comment