Saturday, January 4, 2014

Blog Tour, Rome by Jay Crownover

 

Title: Rome (Marked Men #3)
Author: Jay Crownover
Genre: New Adult
Publication Date: January 7, 2014
Publisher: William Morrow an imprint of HarperCollins Publishing
Event organized by:
Literati Author Services, Inc.

 

Cora Lewis is a whole lot of fun, and she knows how to keep her tattooed bad boy friends in line. But all that flash and sass hide the fact that she’s never gotten over the way her first love broke her heart. Now she has a plan to make sure that never happens again: She’s only going to fall in love with someone perfect.

Rome Archer is as far from perfect as a man can be. He’s stubborn and rigid, he’s bossy and has come back from his final tour of duty fundamentally broken. Rome’s used to filling a role: big brother, doting son, super soldier; and now none of these fit anymore. Now he’s just a man trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life while keeping the demons of war and loss at bay. He would have been glad to suffer it alone, until Cora comes sweeping into his life and becomes the only color on his bleak horizon.

Perfect isn’t in the cards for these two, but imperfect might just last forever . . .
 
 
 
 
Rome is book three in the Marked Men Series, you will need to read Rule book one and Jet book two before you start this story.

First let me tell you how much I LOVE the Archer brothers! When I read Rule I was in instant love. During Rule’s and Jet’s stories you get teasers of Rome and it made me want his book bad. So that being said I was so excited to start Big Brother Archer’s story! I was not disappointed with it, it was PERFCECT! The story is written in duel point of views, which is one of my favorites because we get into both characters’ heads, and trust me, you want in Rome’s head!

We start out with Cara Lewis. Cara is the front end girl at Marked, a tattoo shop where the guys work and she does the body piercing. She is known as “Pixie” because she looks like Tinker Bell - tiny with blonde spikey hair - but don’t let that fool you. She is a spit fire, says it how it is and I love that about her! Her life hasn’t always been easy. Growing up without a Mom and a Navy Dad, who was all over the place, was hard. Cara and her Dad don’t see eye to eye, she loves him a lot but is thrilled to move out with Jimmy, her ex-fianc√©. Only Jimmy tears her heart apart and she never really heals. She’s on a mission to find Mr. Perfect, someone everyone knew she would never find.

Rome Archer is the older brother of Rule and Remy. He has been in the Army for the last ten years. He got injured in an IED blast and is now retired and has no idea what to do. Ever since he has been back he feels like this isn’t his life and doesn’t know where he fits in. My heart broke for him many times throughout this story. He stumbles across a bar on Independence Day and that seemed to be his saving grace in a way. Brite, the owner, is someone I immediately liked and was thrilled to see on Rome’s side. I really enjoyed the addition of this character. I will warn you, I was teary eyed through a lot of this story because of Rome’s flash backs and him talking about “why him”. It’s a good thing when an author can make you feel everything…and Jay makes you FEEL EVERYTHING.

We get to see the whole gang in Rome’s story. Rule & Shaw, Jet & Ayden, Nash, Rowdy and Phil (I CAN NOT WAIT FOR NASH’S STORY, I need more on Phil!!!!). That’s all I will say on that. Back to Nash’s book, we get to meet his “girl”, Saint, in this story. She is a nurse at the Hospital in town. I think their story might blow us all away. There is so much going on in my head about them that I want their story yesterday. Oh and Asa, can’t forget him (Ayden’s brother) is also present. I loved the bond between him and Rome. He is another one I hope we get more of soon; I’m very intrigued with him. We also get more of Dad and Mom Archer. Not much but one scene at their house was absolutely amazing. 

 Be ready for a roller coaster of emotions with this story. For me anything that touches military makes me a blubbery mess so that was a big factor. There are other topics, REAL topics in the book that I didn’t see coming and they kept me guessing. I love when a book does that. Enjoy Rome ladies! I sure did!
 
 
I loved this one almost as much as I loved Rule. Rome has all the things that Rule did. It had all the characters I love. It had sarcasm. It had heat. It had heart. It had two incredible main characters that I loved and want more of. There were surprises. Rome is an Archer and I love those Archer boys and I also loved that little pixie, Cora.  

Rome is the story of big brother Archer and the little spit-fire that keeps all the men of the Marked tattoo shop in line, Cora Lewis. We met them both in Rule and Jet. Rome is home from war and is struggling to find his way after leaving the army. Cora is still recovering from the betrayal of her first love and waiting for Mr. Perfect to come along and sweep her off her feet. They don’t meet each other and fall instantly in love, but their story is a bit more tumultuous and very entertaining.  

Cora Lewis is exactly who I thought she was. She is tiny. She is mouthy. She is strong. She also has a history of her own that we learn in this story. She loves her friends fiercely and will do anything to see their happiness. I loved Cora. There was a small portion of this book where I wanted to smack her for being so scared and afraid of the unknown, but I can’t really blame her.  

And Rome Archer. I really can’t decide who I love more, Rule or Rome. The Archer boys are a force to be reckoned with, and I am pretty sure any woman would have a hard time resisting their charms. Their charms are not necessarily typical, but whether it’s Rule’s bad boy ways or Rome’s giant broodiness they are some of my favorite boys. Rome is kind of lost in this book, but he is so irresistibly honest. He loves Cora so passionately. Rome is a gentle giant, and I think I want one of my own!

All of my favorite characters were back and did not disappoint. Rule and Shaw, Ayden and Jet, Asa, Nash, and Rowdy. We got just a little bit more of Rule and Shaw’s story and more of the Archer family drama. We learn more about Remy. I loved every minute of the time with other characters as well as the time I got with just Cora and Rome.  

I really loved this story. I loved the way Rome and Cora just kind of happened. I loved that were each other’s imperfect perfection. This book had twists and turns, some of which I definitely expected. But somehow the fact that I expected them made them even better. Things happened in this book that in others have driven me crazy, but I loved them in this story. In Rome, I loved the twists. I loved the imperfections. And Cora and Rome were HOT together, more so than I remember any of the first two being. The reason this is rated only 4 ½ stars is because I feel like it just kind of stopped. I feel like I did not get the end of Cora and Rome’s story. I am guessing I will get more in Nash’s story, but I just needed more. I feel like there is so much more to Cora and Rome that was left unfinished.
   
I’m supposed to share interesting details about myself so that my readers get to know me so here we go in no particular order: I’m an natural redhead even though I haven’t seen my real hair color in years, I’m a big fan of tattoos and have a half sleeve on either arm and various other pieces all over the place, I’ve been in the bar industry since I was in college and it has always offered interesting insight into how men and women interact with each other, I have 3 dogs that are all crazy, I live in Colorado and love the snow, I love music and in all reality wish I could be a rock star not a writer or a bartender but I have zero talent so there is that.

I love to write, love to read and all I’m interested in is a good story with interesting characters that make the reader feel something.
Jay's Slumber Party is happening on Monday, 1/6 from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. ET, and there will be prizes, teasers, etc. to celebrate the 1/7 release of ROME.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment