Thursday, January 16, 2014

Touching Scars by Stacy Borel Review



Timber Nelson has recently returned home after serving two tours in Iraq. Suffering from PTSD, he’s a shadow of the man he was before his time in the military. Instead of learning to live with the nightmares he faced in the war, he drowns them in a bottle of Crown. 

Katherine Pierce is an alluring woman with dark brown hair, tattoos, and a fiery attitude. Yet her history is one full of disturbing images that she’s been trying to run away from for the better part of six years. 

Undeniable attraction between Timber and Kat reaches its peak and they both give in to the unquestionable pull. 

Will Timber be able to save Kat from her past repeating itself? 

And will they be able to soothe each other’s scars? Or will their old scars become new wounds?





What rock have I been living under that his is my first book by Stacy Borel.  Now I am just mad at myself for not reading her works sooner.  Her writing is good!

This book follows Timber and Kat. Timber is a hot tatted pierced Army Vet. Kat is a small little firecracker. We meet these two when they were in high school. Kat was a victim of bullying and Timber stood by and watched. I will be honest; I was not a fan of Timber’s at first. He allowed this poor girl to get pushed around because she wasn’t as cool as him and his friends.

Kat has been through hell. The bullies at school were terrible to her. One in particular had her running away, hopefully to forget all about him.

Timber and Kat find each other years after high school and they have a lot of healing to do from their scars they received in those years.

Stacy did an amazing job with these characters. I feel in love with Timber. He was strong and caring but we see his weakness. We see his scars. Kat is fierce. She is totally kick ass and doesn’t fall at Timber’s feet. She keeps her scars close but Timber breaks through to her. I wanted to be Kat’s best friend, she was so likable.

If I had could say one thing bad about this book it is that Timber didn’t have a hot brother for Stacy to write about next!

Touching Scars was a great read. Stacy made me a fan for life!



I'm a Coast Guard wife and currently a stay at home mom. I want to be a nurse when I "grow up." My incredibly handsome husband and I have been married for 9 years and I have 2 amazing children that keep life interesting. 
I am an obsessive reader. I go through 3-5 books a week on my Kindle and I whole-heartedly support my indie authors. After reading well over a couple hundred books this year, I decided I might give it a shot writing my own book. I dabbled with a few ideas and finally settled on a story I know I'd personally read and I began the journey of creating Ever Enough. I appreciate all the support I've been given by my family, friends, and fellow indie authors. You've all shaped my view on life and books and I'll be forever greatful!




No comments:

Post a Comment