***Warning***
This book is intended for a mature reading.
~DEE~
I’ve always been good at wearing masks. Not letting anyone see the real me. I’m content being the happy-go-lucky best friend. The strong willed boss. The independent woman who doesn’t need a man.
But the truth is I’m just as broken as the rest of you. I’m terrified that all it will take is one person to make all my carefully constructed walls crumble into fine dust. So I guard my heart with everything I have. Determined to never let anyone get close enough to hurt me again.
All is perfect until HE walks into my life. No… he doesn’t just walk. He struts his good-looking, sex-oozing self-right into my space and demands that I see HIM. Making me want what I know I can’t have.
So I did the only thing I know how to do.
I run.
But he just won’t let me go.
~BECK~
The second I see her, I know she will be mine. I see past the gorgeous smiles and heart-stopping laughter. I see HER. She doesn’t want me to know her secrets or the past that haunts her, but I make it my mission to find out.
To make her mine.
She can run all she wants, but it will never be far enough to stop me from coming after her.
She’s it for me and she knows it.
She’s just too scared to admit it.
***NO cliffhanger, HEA, inter-connected standalones.***
Smashwords
Cohen’s
Birthday Wish
-Greg-
Some people say that waking up to
your child’s smiling face is the best feeling in the world. That little smile can make even the surliest
of bastards full of happiness. Don’t get
me wrong, the day that I met Cohen, I fell in love with him. The day he called me ‘Daddy’ is still one of
the best moments that I’ve ever had. I
know without a doubt that my son is mine
and I will always love him unconditionally as if he was my own blood.
However, today is not one of the
mornings that I feel his little innocent joy brightening my day. Nope.
Not when he’s decided this morning is another perfect time to work on
his cockblocking skills. My son doesn’t
know it, but he is the master of keeping my dick in constant hibernation.
I’ve been laying here for a few
minutes with my eyes closed, just enjoying the quiet when Melissa rolls her
body and curls into my side, her tiny hand finding its way to my rock hard dick
even in her sleep.
Her fingers are lying lightly against my
painfully tight balls and her thumb is hooked around my shaft. Every few minutes her thumb will twitch,
hitting my pubic piercing, causing a jolt of pleasure to zap down my spine and
curl around my balls. Jesus, I could
probably come all over the place like this alone.
Right when I’m ready to roll her
over and wake her up with breakfast in bed, I feel it. You know the feeling when you just know
someone is looking right at you? Yeah,
this would be that moment. With Cohen I
don’t even need to rely on instinct. I
can tell he is there because his face is right next to mine. I can feel his breath hit my cheek and his
eyes burning into my skin.
And if it isn’t already bad enough
that I’ve got a naked, completely oblivious, sound-asleep Melissa wrapped around
me like a second skin; the covers are pooled around knee-level. I’m never going to hear the end of this
one. There is no possible way to remove
her hand or to cover myself up without drawing his attention to my crotch. He’s already almost seen it completely with
the times he’s interrupted Melissa and me, but this time there isn’t anything
stopping his little eyes from seeing my piercings.
FUCK! He already thinks he needs to be the goddamn
wiener police. One day, when he’s dating
or married it’s going to be hilarious how he used to remind everyone about
‘girls not seeing wieners’.
“Daddddy…” his little voice loudly
whispers directly into my ear. “Daddddy…
it’s my birthday!” Thank God. If he’s still talking about his birthday then
chances are he might have missed everything else. Doubtful, but hey I’m hoping.
I groan and shift Melissa to her
side before reaching for the sheets. It
only took a few seconds, but when I turn my head and look into his eyes I know
he saw. His brown eyes are smiling at
me, his full lips pulled tight trying to keep his laughter in. Oh yeah, his whole body is literally
vibrating and ready to just let me have it.
“Cohen, didn’t we talk about coming
into Mommy and Daddy’s room so early in the morning?” I try to be as firm as I can while my dick is
dying its slow little cockblocker induced death.
“Yup!” I feel the bed jolt when his booming reply
echoes through the room.
“Son, it’s only six in the morning
why are you even awake?” He looks at me,
with his eyes shining bright, and his smile grows. Shit.
“I had to come warn Mommy! Your wiener was out and it looked like it was
mad that Mommy was touching it. Mommy
shouldn’t touch you wiener, Daddy! I
know it isn’t her fault because you told me that sometimes our wieners wake up
when we need them to stay asleep but it was touching
her!”
What. The. Hell.
“Cohen, Mommy didn’t mean to touch
my wiener and my wiener isn’t mad.” My
wiener really is mad. Pissed the fuck
off that he wasn’t able to slide into Melissa’s warmth. But at least he was half right. Melissa really had no idea. And since when did my dick become a
wiener! Jesus Christ, I feel like I need
to go watch some manly sports on TV just to get my man card back.
“Today is my birthday party!” And here we go with his squirrel moments.
“I know that big man! How does four years old feel?”
“I know what I want for my
birthday!” He starts bouncing on his
heels and waving his arms above his head with all his excitement. I smile and feel Melissa shift slightly. I look over to make sure she’s still covered
before returning my attention back to Cohen.
“Oh yeah? Well, I’m pretty sure that Mommy already
finished getting all your presents.” I
feel her hand brush my thigh under the covers, letting me know she’s awake and
listening.
“Yup!” That’s it.
Sometimes his train of thought confuses me beyond belief.
“Okay. So, what is it you want?” His smile gets even larger and that flash of
mischief behind his eyes is all the warning I get.
“Earrings! I want earrings!” His head bobbles so rapidly it looks like it
might fall off his shoulders.
“Uh…”
I must have been wearing my confusion
because Cohen tilts his head and points to my lap. Oh hell.
I know what he’s about to say before he even opens his mouth. This is going to be one of those things that
I never live down.
“Yup! I want earrings just like yours. Do you call them wiener-rings since they
aren’t in your ears? Yup, I want
wiener-rings!”
Melissa’s laughter bubbles out and
before I know it she is laughing hysterically beside me.
“Mommy!” Cohen skips over to her side of the bed and I
use his distraction to grab my sweats off the floor and quickly pull them
on. I toss Melissa her robe and walk to
the bathroom, shutting the door lightly behind me.
Shit. How do I explain my piercings to a four-year-old? Oh
yeah, son, these were just a result of a really drunken night and ever since I
met your mom I thank my younger drunk self for shoving three piercings in my
cock. Seems like a reasonable request
but let’s wait until you’re older and I’ll take you myself. We can bond over our dicks!
After I use the bathroom and wash
up, I head back into the bedroom. I stop short when I see Cohen wrapped in
Melissa’s arms, both of them smiling brightly at me. My heart is so full of the love these two
made possible.
“Greg, our son seems to think I
need to go to timeout?” Oh, my wicked
wife.
“Is that right?” I question.
“It would seem that someone’s
wiener was a bad boy this morning and our son was doing the noble thing in
warning his Mommy so she wouldn’t get in trouble?” Her laughing voice mocks.
“Mommy! You touched it! That’s naughty!”
I groan and drop my head, but
Melissa just laughs.
“Cohen, you don’t need to worry
about that okay? Mommy just moved in her
sleep, but I didn’t see anything so I’m not in trouble, right?” I look up at Melissa and laugh when she winks
at me. Cohen seems to be taking in her
words and deciding on whether or not I need to be arrested by the wiener police
for a mad wiener.
“Okay!” He shoots up from his spot on the bed,
bouncing slightly, “But! I still want
wiener-rings!”
“Shit,” I hiss.
“Baby, you can’t have that for your
birthday. Your Daddy is an adult and that
is why his wiener looks like that. Why
don’t we forget about wiener-rings until you’re an adult okay?” Well, thank Christ one of us can speak with some
reason.
“Okay! Then I want a puppy. And a pool.
And a monkey. And a car, no a
truck like Daddy’s.”
I walk over and give them both a
kiss before leaving the room to start the party prep.
Wiener-rings. I need to wear a damn chastity belt around
this kid.
Later that day the last kid finally
left and our friends had settled into the kitchen to enjoy the end of a
successful party. I had finally
forgotten all about my early morning wake up call. There was a close call with him telling Dee
that his mommy got in trouble, but luckily she’s used to Cohen’s little
quirk.
Cohen’s hasn’t stopped bouncing
around since the last kid left. Luckily
Sway scooped him up and they have been playing with the cars that Coop gave him
for his birthday. For the last five
minutes all I’ve heard are whispers, vrooming and crash sounds so when the
living room went silent I looked up and met Sway’s excited gaze.
“Son of a bitch.” I mumble under my
breath.
“Daddy! What is a Swaygasm? Dilbert, you’re so funny!” He laughs, hugs Sway and runs off. He’s been calling Sway by his given name
since day one and it still sounds hilarious coming out of his little mouth.
“Sway?” I press.
“Oh sweet Lord above and all things
yummy! Oh, my Gregory, I knew I loved
you for a reason. Those piercings always
do the trick you naughty boy!” He laughs
and follows behind Cohen, probably to go eat more cake.
“You’re lucky he didn’t ask to see
them again.” Melissa comes up behind me
and wraps her arms around my waist. I
drop the bag I had been collecting trash in and turn so I can hold her
close.
“And you’re lucky we didn’t have
more questions from Cohen this morning.
Damn, Beauty, I was two seconds away from dropping between your thighs
and going to town. God, I need you.”
She smiles, her beautiful face full
of peaceful happiness. “Tonight. I promise we can lock the door and barricade
ourselves in and you can go all Beast on me.”
Her hand curls around my neck and she pulls my head down to her lips,
sealing the deal on her spoken promise.
I growl, grab her ass and pull her
closer into my body. Oh yes, tonight I
will have my wife.
And I have no one to blame but myself.

I’m going to be honest here.
As much as I absolutely LOVE this series something fierce, Dee has always gotten on my nerves when we saw other people’s POVs where she was involved regarding Beck. In Axel and Cage we saw her continue to fight what others could see was an obvious attraction for him. I mean come on - an alpha hottie that wants you to be his?
Um - YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
But what we never have had the privilege of knowing was Dee’s side of things.
And now we see that and I feel so bad for disliking Dee even a little bit.
I get it. I get her.

Dee wants to be loved and wants to be wanted but she has ALWAYS had bad relationships in the past where men were involved. Whether it be her father, ex-boyfriends, etc. Not one single man has made her feel anything other than...worthless...that is...until John "Beck" Beckett, comes barreling into her life and has her rethinking EVERYTHING she has believed in.
EVERY.SINGLE.THING.

At the beginning of the story we see how Dee and Beck originally hooked up, which as we all know was in Axel, but we get their sexy, hot, insanely wild side of things and OH.MY.GOD was is AMAZING!!!

“Yeah, Beck I want this, but this is just going to be fun. No attachments, no love notes, and no promises…I mean it. I’m not looking for forever, Beck.”“I didn’t ask for forever. You want to live in the moment, and get off while you’re at it, I won’t judge you. But fair warning, I’ll do my best to change your mind.”
The sex?!?
Well Beck doesn’t call Dee "Wildcat" for nothing and in true Harper Sloan style that I have come to expect and love, it’s off the charts H-O-T!!!

I have a brief thought that he has ruined me for any other man. Fireworks are going off, my ears are ringing, and my throat is raw from screaming out in the pure, raw pleasure he has me drowning in.
I LOVE that we see several chapters of the past, that way we can get the full feel of Beck and Dee the couple, not just Beck and Dee the loyal friends.
And Beck?
You don't get anymore knight in shining armor than John Beckett - he's that guy that you compare all others too and you know what? Most of them don't even compare to him - they can't.

Yeah, yeah - I had those "COME ON DEE! WAKE UP! HE'S PERFECT!" moments but those are what make you root for them. Those are the moments that have me talking - ok maybe I was yelling - to my Kindle like a cRaZy person.<--- Y'all do it too - don't lie.
“You really get it, don’t you? That I’m trying?”“Yeah, I really do. I know you’re hurting. I’ve watched you hurt for so long and, Baby, you know I would take that from you in a second. But right now? Right now, I can see the fight coming back, and I couldn’t be happier. We’ve been through so much together, Dee, and right now, I couldn’t be more proud of you.”

Without giving too much of the storyline away - Dee has several things that continue to pull her down and away from Beck and those who love her, things in the past, things in the present, and things that eventually happen down the line. HOWEVER Beck is there to catch her when no one else is, EVERY SINGLE STEP OF THE WAY.
"It’s okay. I’ve got you.”"I trust you, Beck.”


And when Dee allows Beck to help her heal?
It's beautiful.
It's heartwarming.
It's perfection.
*******************************************************
The Corps Security Series is one of those series that I just LOVE. It's one that I will drop everything for - it's the characters. The characters, whether it's my sexy beast Greg Cage, his son Cohen who is obsessed with wieners, Sway in all his golden glittery awesomeness, or anyone else, they all have that special thing. You cry with them, you laugh with them, they make you feel every single moment in their lives - oh yeah, and they have some smoking hot sex - what's not to love?!?
***I was given an ARC copy for an honest review.***

1. I can wiggle my ears.
2. My favorite color is real.
3. I'm insanely obsessed with reality TV.
4. Honey Boo Boo lives about 1.5 hours away from my house. Scary.
5. I've never been further west than Texas. And I was 6 when I was there.
6. I'm thinking of starting a movement to raise awareness to the problems skinny jeans can cause men. Think of the balls people.
7. I trust few.
8. I collect cocks... The poultry kind... Because I think it's funny to say cock.
9. I'll let laundry pile up until I'm forced to do it. I hate it that much.
10. The naughty groups I'm in on Facebook are the best inspiration.
11. Banks freak me out. I avoid going inside as much as possible.
12. I could sleep 23 hours a day - and be happy about it.
13. My ADD is... Hey something shiny!
14. I'm addicted to tattoos. Not only because I can tell a story in my body, but because the pain is delicious.
15. I hate being outside.
16. Bugs terrify me.
17. If anyone ever found my phone they would seriously wonder about what kind of person I was.
18. I collect hot men pictures. Yummy.
19. I might have issues buying all the fun as seen on TV things I see.
20. I need music to do almost everything.
Harper lives in small town Georgia just a short drive from her hometown of Peachtree City. She (and her 3 daughters) enjoy ruling the house they dubbed 'Estrogen Ocean', much to her husband’s chagrin. Harper has a borderline unhealthy obsession with books; you can almost ALWAYS find her with her ereader attached. As an ex-reviewer and blogger, Harper's passion for reading runs deep. It wasn't until 'Axel' decided to take up residence that she realized her true calling.
She started using writing as a way to unwind when the house went to sleep at night; and with a house full of crazy it was the perfect way to just relax. It didn't take long before a head full of very demanding alphas would stop at nothing to have their story told.












No comments:
Post a Comment