Would you be willing to make a mess of your life to get exactly what you want?
Kylie Lord has known Trent Moss and Dray Savage since college. Trent, the smart and kind-hearted humanitarian has had her heart from the moment they met, but someone else always has his. Dray is an arrogant professional football player who happens to be Trent’s best friend and Kylie’s nemesis “with benefits.”
Five years after graduation, Kylie is commanding the world with a new image and a successful business; however, she lacks the one thing she wants and the one thing she can never have. That is, until one fateful night when Kylie decides to go after all of her forbidden fantasies and risk everything.
Two men, completely different and poles apart, but together they are her idea of perfection. One can only offer her tonight and the other forever, but can Kylie settle for just one man, or can she have her cake and eat it too?
“Do you feel that, Kylie?” He continues to caress my arm with his hand. “That’s power running between you and me. I never imagined it would be so strong, so intense. Can you even conceive what my body rubbing against yours well feel like? Please unlike either one of us has ever experienced. Sex in its greatest form.”
His words hypnotize me, seduce me, and demolish my inhibitions so that even my common sense agrees with what he is saying. I’ve never wanted sex as much as I want it with Dray at this moment. In my head, I can see images of us entwined together, his dark against my light skin. The sight, in my mind’s eye, so clear, so erotic, that my breathing becomes erratic just with the thought. Closing my eyes, I feel his fingers glide to my breasts, circling the tip through my clothes. My clit throbs in tune with his movements almost as if he is touching me there. Dray grasps my nipple tightly as he pulls and squeezes. The dual motion overwhelms my senses, and an orgasm overcomes me, rippling up and through my body.
Clenching my legs together, I moan as I ride it out. My body shakes, tingling with the aftermath of what just happened, and what I need to be happening again; however, sanity returns with me still sitting on the side of the couch. Opening my eyes, Dray stares at me like he knows my every thought. At least now, he has a supreme satisfied smile on his mouth and his shorts are in a superior tent out front.
Clenching my legs together, I moan as I ride it out. My body shakes, tingling with the aftermath of what just happened, and what I need to be happening again; however, sanity returns with me still sitting on the side of the couch. Opening my eyes, Dray stares at me like he knows my every thought. At least now, he has a supreme satisfied smile on his mouth and his shorts are in a superior tent out front.
“Damn girl. That is about the hottest sight I’ve ever seen. Had you been butt-naked, I think I would have exploded right along with you.”
If I could describe Cake by Nicole Reed in one word it would be…
*Clears throat and busts out my best Oprah voice*
DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMA!
This book has wit and sarcasm, heartbreak, and a whole lot of sexy. This is the story of a girl and her relationship with two (foster home) brothers.
Kylie Lord has loved Trent Moss forever. They had a random awkward hookup in college, but beyond that their relationship has remained strictly platonic. Trent adores Kylie and considers her his best friend. She’s always willing and able to jump through whatever fiery hoops Trent presents.
On the other hand, Drake Savage is the bane of Kylie’s existence. They are enemies who can be somewhat cordial to one another in public settings. Don’t let their courtesy fool you, however, their relationship is built on a lifetime of animosity.
I won’t spoil the plot beyond what is written in the synopsis. Long story short, Kylie finds herself being the meat in that hot brother sandwich. Torn between the brother who uses her and the brother who wants to be used by her, Kylie must choose one or risk losing both forever.
Like I said – DRAMA! I was absolutely hooked into this story from the beginning. I started out laughing and quirking an eyebrow at the naughtiness until all of a sudden I was crying and sick to my stomach. I remember thinking “WHY? Why would the author do this to me? This is just cruel!” Then it hit me. This is a book written by Nicole Reed. The same Nicole Reed who is the mastermind behind The Ruining Series. This woman has a knack for leading you down a path of happy and lighthearted. You think everything is peachy until suddenly you find yourself at a dead end cliff. Nicole Reed then mercilessly boots your ass off said cliff, sending you into an emotional free fall. I LOVE HER! No matter what book of hers I’m reading, she always takes me on a wicked roller coaster ride. Building me up, breaking me down, and leaving me with an ending so satisfying I can’t help but forget the emotional trauma she put me through. Pure genius.
If you haven’t had the chance to treat yourself to Cake by Nicole Reed, get to one-clicking. This novel is a whirlwind of friendship, passion, and a whole bunch of surprise.
Cake is the first book by Nicole Reed that I have read and after finishing it I can 100% say that it will not be my last. This book could not have come at a better time. I am a mood reader and I was in the mood for emotion and drama and this book had both. Throw in a hilarious best friend, two hot guys, and you my friend have the perfect book.
Cake is the story of Kylie Lord and her crazy love life; but it so much more than that. Kylie has been in love with her best friend since college, Trent Moss. She has him on this pedestal and would do anything for him in hopes of him realizing that he loves her too. He does love her, just in the sister kind of love. I felt for Kylie because I have been there. I have dealt with her exact situation that she was in with Trent and it was like dejavu for me to read this. You love him, you would do anything for him, you do everything for him to make him happy only to never get the love fully returned. At times I wanted to scream at Kylie and tell her "It will never change! Open your eyes and see that he is using you!" yet in the same breath I understood why she did what she did because I had done it too.
Enter Dray Savage. Dray is Trent's brother. Both Trent and Dray were in the foster care system and ended up with the same foster family. They are the only family each other has. Dray is the bane of Kylie's existence but unfortunately when you think of Trent you have to think of Dray too. Dray and Trent are complete opposites. Trent wants to help save the world so he is working on his Clean Water Project in South Africa while Dray is the starting running back for the Atlanta Eagles.
Dray gets hurts in the first pre-season game and Trent calls Kylie begging her to go to him to find out what is going on and if he is okay. Of course Kylie can't say no. She has never been able to so why should she start now? One very hilarious misunderstanding later, Kylie finds herself in a situation she never saw coming; Dray's at home nurse for two weeks until he is healed.
At the beginning of this book I wasn't really on a "team". I understood Kylie's love for Trent but didn't really know Trent. Dray drove Kylie insane and his arrogant ego pissed me off. As I continued to read though, I became full on Team Dray. Seeing the other side of Dray melted my heart and that of the ice princess.
I can understand why Kylie wanted to have her cake and eat it too. Throw me in that bakery because I wouldn't mind being the middle layer of that cake.
Without spoiling anything just know that there is drama and TONS of it but that is what made this book so good. You think you know what is going to happen but you are oh so wrong. I thought I had it all figured out. I knew the answer to the big question and I just knew I was right. HA! Nicole Reed pulled a fast one on me because I never saw it coming.
I can't forget the funniest character in this book, Madison. She is Kylie's best friend and that girl is hilarious.
"With Lil Rip, of course. You're not my type. You have to admit, his voice gets you wetter than a cucumber in a women's prison."
She has a thing for rapper bad boys even though her personality is the complete opposite. She tells Kylie how it is and doesn't beat around the bush either. She blunt and to the point and I love her for that. I also love how caring she is. Kylie needed her multiple times in this book and Madison would drop everything she was doing to be with her.
All in all this was a fantastic read. You know the book was great when you wake up the next day and it is still with you, it is all you can think about. I think part of the reason I am still thinking about this book is because the ending seemed so rushed. There was so much buildup to get there and then all of a sudden it was over. Even though I got all my questions answered in the epilogue that was all I got. There wasn't much elaboration and it made me crave more. I NEED MORE!
I love angst….I thrive on it, but only the fictional kind. I adore a story that grips the reader from the beginning and doesn’t let go…EVER. I’m an avid reader who just recently discovered my love of writing. My favorite things in life include my three wild & crazy kids, Reese’s Pieces, and every genre of music. I reside in the Deep South.















No comments:
Post a Comment