Roman Smith ~ Shopkeeper by day. Assassin by night.
The
undercover Russian contract killer has never turned down an assignment that
rids the world of scum. But this … request is the first time his conscience
gets the best of him.
Only,
he has a good reason—Everly Andrews, the woman who saved him from dying and has
no clue who or what he really is. There’s nothing Roman won’t do to keep Everly
in the dark, even if it means losing her in the process.
“Hurting you is the last thing I want to do.
I might as well cut off my hand or cut out my heart... you are undeserving of
such pain.” My façade is fading. The rhythm of my speech falling into a more
familiar cadence.
Everly’s hand wraps around my wrist, gently
tugging. I allow her to pull my hand away. I close my eyes and lift away from
her slightly. She lets go of me, but doesn’t move from her spot.
Cool air brushes my chest and I open my eyes,
glancing down to see her small hands working on the buttons of my shirt.
“What are you doing?” I ask, though I know
the answer. Or at least, I think I know the answer.
“Getting you out of these wet clothes.”
“My jacket is in the way.”
“Then take it off.” She leans forward,
pressing a kiss to my chest, and I cup the back of her head.
“Don’t—”
“Stop pushing me away.” She grazes her teeth
over a nipple, and I bite back a curse.
“You didn’t let me finish,” I say, hooking a
finger under her chin and forcing her gaze to mine. “Don’t. Stop.”
“My sweater’s still wet, too.” Then she goes
back to pressing tiny kisses on my chest. I dig my fingers into her dark hair,
taking out the pins holding it in place. Silky curls fall down and around her,
like a curtain. I can’t see what she’s doing but bloody fucking hell, I can
feel it.
I can feel her.
The hairpins fall to the floor, nearly silent
plinks. I shrug out of my jacket, carefully concealing my gun in it as I ball
the material up and toss it beside me. My fingers find the hem of her sweater
and slowly edge it up. I’ve been waiting for this moment and want to take my
time.
It's no secret that I avoid cliffhangers at all costs. For
me, it's the time between books. I read so many books that I forget what
happened and then I have to fit in a reread, then if it's more than one book I
have to fit two or more in. You know where I'm going with this...I accepted
this series because of the close release dates. There really isn't time for me
to forget all the details. I went in knowing that I wasn't going to get a nice
tidy conclusion in books one and two, and I'm okay with that because there is an end in sight. What's the
point if this rambling you ask? Well, I know I'm not the only one out there
that feels this was about the cliffy. So take this as a heads up fellow cliffy
haters. There isn't a big cliffhanger at the end of this book, but there is no
conclusion. At. All. And it's okay. Go ahead and read it; I think it’ll be
worth the wait.
The author pulled me right into the story. Roman is a book
store owner by day and assassin by night. He isn't just any assassin, though,
he only takes contracts on the "bad guys." There's this girl, Everly,
that comes in to the book store every week.
They like each other, buy won't admit it. She's too shy and he is trying
to keep her safe.
In this part of the series, we get to see some assassin
action. We get inside Roman's head, which I really enjoyed. I also really liked
the dialogue between these two characters. This is a well rounded first
"part" to the series and I can't wait for more.
Part
Two: The Deception – Releases July 30, 2014
Part
Three: The Confession – Releases August 27, 2014
New
York Times Bestselling Author, Marquita Valentine, writes sexy heroes that make
you swoon and sassy heroines that make you laugh. She’s the author of the
bestselling contemporary romance series, Holland Springs, and the new adult
romance series, Boys of the South.
Marquita met her husband aka Hot Builder at
Sonic when they were in high school. She suggests this location to all of her
single friends in search of a good man—and if that doesn't work, they can
console themselves with cheesy tatertots. She lives in North Carolina in a
very, very small town with Hot Builder and their two children.
Website
| Newsletter | Twitter
| Facebook | GoodReads | Pinterest
| Boys of the South
Pinterest Board | Holland Springs
Pinterest Board
5- The Request, Part One (ebooks)
To follow the tour, click on the graphic above.














No comments:
Post a Comment