Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Devil's Contract by Claire Contreras





Title: THE DEVIL'S CONTRACT
Author: Claire Contreras
Age group: Adult
Genre: Dark Contemporary Romance
Cover Design: Najla Qamber



He gave them a choice.

She took it.

He made her promise two years.

She should have known there was a catch.







The synopsis on this book is very short and leaves a lot to the imagination so I don't want to give away much with my review, so this will be short.  I am one of those people that loves a surprise in books, and one of the best things about this book is the unknown. BUT-I absolutely LOVED this book.

From the beginning there are secrets being revealed and more secrets waiting to be discovered. This book kept me captivated from the start. It is unlike any other story I have read. It is not, at all, the same story I have read about women being lured into situations with very powerful, controlling men. There are so many more layers to this story. There are so many other things going on beneath the surface and Claire reveals enough throughout the story that it makes you want to never put this down because you must know what you will discover next.

As always-I am enamored with each and every character Claire has written in The Devil's Contract. I want to know all of their stories and their histories. And I believe I will know everything I need to about the characters by the end of this series.

I love Claire's writing, so I never hesitated to read this book. It is not the same story or really even the same genre as the other books of hers I have read. She has a fan in me and has since the first book of hers that I read, but even if you have never read her books this book is worth the read.  It's impossible to put down.  It has love, loss, twists, secrets, romance, and a strong main character that I adore.





a Rafflecopter giveaway







Claire Contreras graduated with her BA in Psychology from Florida International University. She was born in the Dominican Republic and raised in Miami, Fl, where she currently resides with her husband, two boys, and two American Bulldogs. 

Life is short, and it’s more bitter than sweet, so she tries to smile as often as her face allows. She enjoys stories with happy endings, because life is full of way too many unhappy ones.

Website | Facebook | Twitter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment