Sunday, December 15, 2013

Bound by Brenda Rothert Blog Tour



https:// www.goodreads.com/book/show/18721507-bound



College senior Kate Camden has learned to adapt - to her last year of school, to the promise of motherhood, to the fact that she’s doing it all alone. But just when she’s learned to adjust, heartache threatens to break her apart.
Pro hockey player Jason “Ryke” Ryker has it all: adoring fans, a promising career, and a beautiful wife. But when his seemingly perfect life is shaken by tragedy, he’s left questioning whether having it all is ever more than an illusion.

When circumstance brings Kate and Ryke together, they discover they don’t have to hurt alone. Bound by a grief that haunts them both, they must rely on one another to survive heartbreak. But that grief is more powerful than they realize, and the tie that binds them together may ultimately tear them apart.







There is only one word for Bound…perfect. Perfectly heart breaking, perfectly heartwarming, perfectly amazing. I am a huge hockey fan, so just that drew me into this book. Little did I know that I would get such a wonderful story.

We meet Kate Camden in college after she has learned she is pregnant from a fling. The guy leaves her high and dry and she has to come to terms with being a single mom, doing it all on her own, until tragedy strikes. Jason “Ryke” Ryker is a supper sexy, hot shot NHL player in Chicago who is dealing with his own unexpected tragedy. 

They meet in a grief support group and are instantly drawn to each other but tread very carefully with when and if they should make that next step. I was happy to see that they didn’t just jump into a relationship with each other. They took their time, questioned if they should or shouldn’t. There were times I wanted to yell at Kate and say WAKE UP and look at that man standing in front of you, take him. In the end it went exactly how they needed it to go.

Bound couldn’t have come at a better time for me. I was suffering from - what we all have experienced - a book hangover. Not once while reading this did I think of the other book and the characters from it. This book hit home for me. I have been Kate, I’ve experienced what she went through and could feel every emotion, every self doubt, ever bit of grief she went through. While I thought the ending was perfect and left it to the readers to imagine where Kate and Ryke’s story goes, I learned that there will be a second book. I’m really looking forward to seeing where their story takes them.




Brenda Rothert started her writing career as a print journalist. She now writes Romances, some Contemporary and others with a twist of dystopian society and adventure. Rothert lives in Central Illinois with her husband and three boys.









a Rafflecopter giveaway



 

No comments:

Post a Comment