Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holy Frigging Matrimony by Emma Chase



What does Drew Evans have to say next? Find out in this forty page short story, filled with his sexy charm, unique advice and hilarious one-liners.

Marriage: the final frontier. Steven went first. He was kind of our test subject. Like those monkeys that NASA sent off into space in the fifties, all the while knowing they’d never make it back.

And now another poor rocket is ready to launch.

But this isn’t just any posh New York wedding. You’ve seen my friends, you’ve met our families, you know you're in for a treat. Everyone wants their wedding to be memorable. This one’s going to be un-frigging-forgettable.



Holy Frigging Matrimony - A Tangled Series Short Story (Tangled Series #1.5)Holy Frigging Matrimony - A Tangled Series Short Story by Emma Chase

My rating: 4 of 5 stars





“Have I told you how cock-stiffeningly gorgeous you look tonight?”



Oh Drew how I have missed you, your dirty mind, and your filthy mouth, like crazy!

Holy Frigging Matrimony is a super-short quick, novella that focuses on the wedding reception of Drew and Kate's friends, Matthew and Delores aka Dee.

Drew sneaks into Kate's suite before the reception and the sexy couple enjoy some time together since Drew hasn't had his Kate fix in 24 hours and that's just not ok.

After some hot couple time involving a mimosa on some body parts, Kate sneaks Drew out of her room so Dee can't see him since we all know how un-fond of Drew she is.




“Come on, Dee’s in her room. You’re good to go.”
I pull on her hand until she crashes against me. “I don’t wanna go. I want to defile the prestigious Plaza Hotel by having you ride me like a slutty mermaid in the bathtub.”Kate shakes her head.
“Not today. I’ll see you in a few hours.”



At the reception, Drew sees Kate's longtime friend and ex, Billy, and he is none to pleased with the friendship that Kate and he have maintained since their break-up.

After a few fists are thrown, pretty much ruining the reception, and having hot coffee thrown on them, the boys decide to call a truce since Drew realizes that Kate and Billy only have a friendship and nothing more.




“So, what? You two get into a fight, have a few beers, and now you’re all buddy buddy? You gonna go outside and pee on the wall together, too?”
Warren holds up his hand. “Let’s not get crazy. It’s not like we’re gonna hang out and play football or something. But if Evans here ever needs an extra hand with an assisted suicide?” He taps his chest. “I’m your guy.”
I raise my glass. “Well said.”



All in all, I got my quick Drew fix and enjoyed it like I expected to.
Here's to hoping I get an even longer fix next time around.

****I was given an ARC copy for an honest review.****



**** 4 Stars!!

Oh how I love Drew Evans. I could not wait to get my hands on this short story. This was a super quick read. I was having withdraws and I needed my Drew fix. This short story helped with my itch but it didn't completely heal it. I still need more!!

Drew is still as dirty and hilarious as he has always been. We start off by finding him needing his own fix. His Kate fix. I love how still in love these two are. Drew being the horny male that he is can't go 24 hours without getting his Kate fix and decides to sneak into her hotel room so he can get his fill of her. 

Drew and Kate are at the hotel because they are there to celebrate the marriage of Dee and Matt. Drew being Drew always finds himself in trouble and there was no shortage of that in this story. Dee being Dee is still just as feisty as ever and when you find out what she does to punish Drew for his actions you will see why. I expected no less from her. 

All in all this was a great quick read. It did make me want more and I can't wait for Twisted to come out. Come on March hurry up and get here!! 

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Frigging-Matrimony-Tangled-Short-ebook/dp/B00H3I2172/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1386617570&sr=1-4&keywords=holy+frigging+matrimony

 


 By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment