Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blog Tour: Beautiful Broken Mess by Kimberly Lauren



 
Jace Riley’s close connection with his identical twin brother, Jaxon, is put to the test when he tries to choose between keeping his promises and following his heart. Is this girl that still haunts his dreams, even after four years, really worth it? Jace can’t help but wonder if he made a huge mistake all that time ago when he let her walk into someone else’s arms, especially since that someone was his twin.

Audrey Mills often wonders at what point she should throw her hands up in defeat and allow all of the horrible circumstances of her life to overtake her. Despite the demons she has faced, however, something inside her won’t give in. When she leaves her small town in Texas to attend college in California, Audrey runs into the one guy who could make her or break her. But is the past they share too painful for them to overcome?

This is the second book in the broken series. While each book can stand on its own, it's recommended you read Beautiful Broken Rules before Beautiful Broken Mess.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18307792-beautiful-broken-mess Beautiful  

 
I really liked Beautiful Broken Rules (the 1st book in this series,) but I loved this one! I thought Jace was awesome in the 1st book and I was super excited when I learned this one is about him. Then, the excitement was quickly replaced with apprehension when I learned that it was about Jace AND Audrey. If you read the 1st book then you know who I’m talking about. Also, if you did not read the Beautiful Broken Rules, follow this link for my review (get yourself a copy because it’s great,) and STOP reading this review until you’ve read it (there are some very slight spoilers to book 1.)

Beautiful Broken Rules Review

Those of you that read book 1 still with me? Good. Here we go then…

I absolutely adore Audrey. Yes, I thought she was a total bitch in Beautiful Broken Rules, but come to find out, this poor girl is horribly misunderstood. There really isn’t much I can say that won’t spoil the book, so I’m going to fall back on the whole “It’s not my story to tell” (just like Jax in the 1st book.) You need to read this for yourself to understand her. We find out that despite her terrible past, she is actually a very selfless person, but at the same time she is strong and does not take crap from anyone.

We also get a better understanding of Jace. Jaxon is a great guy and I really like him, but to me, Jace is the better catch between these twins. He has a need to control things, and when his need transfers to the bedroom there are some really hot, sexy scenes. And his heart, oh his big heart. He definitely makes my bbf list.

Just like in the 1st book, the characters are awesome. We get back in touch with the whole gang. I liked getting to know them a little more. I was happy to see how Jaxon and Emerson had developed as a couple. It was also great to see Cole and Quinn together again. They are such an adorable couple to me. The author introduces us to a new hottie, Lane. He is Audrey’s best friend, protector, confidant, and brother from a different mother. There is some mystery surrounding Lane, and I love me a mysterious hottie. I can hardly wait to get his story in my hands.

There is some serious heartbreak in this book. The author wrote it so well, that my heart felt every stab of pain. This is an emotional book, but the author also incorporates a lot of light, happy moments. If you enjoyed Beautiful Broken Rules, I believe that you’ll enjoy Beautiful Broken Mess as much, if not more. Trust me, you want to get a copy now!
 
Beautiful Broken Mess is the second novel in the Broken Series by Kimberly Lauren. I absolutely loved Emerson and Jaxon and everything about Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken #1), so I was a little (lot) giddy when I got my hands on this book.

This second installment is written from a dual point of view. The story alternates between Audrey and Jace. I was beyond excited to see things from Jace’s point-of-view, but I was hesitant about Audrey. To be honest, she came across as a mega bitch in book one and I wasn’t a fan. It was going to take a pretty hefty explanation to make me like her. After only a few chapters, my opinion of Audrey did a complete 180. Scenes from the first novel are explained through her eyes, which slowly chipped away at my dislike for her. By the end of the story, I fell in love with the gal. She’s such a strong female despite the demons from her past. 

As for Jace, I’ve loved him since Emerson mistook him for Jaxon in Beautiful Broken Rules. He craves control. He craves order. He craves Audrey. Jace is book boyfriend perfection wrapped up in a delicious package. He’s smart, strong, mildly alpha male, and even has a sensitive side. It’s impossible to say which Riley brother I love more.

The plot did anything but disappoint. Kimberly Lauren expands the story beyond just Jace and Audrey and gives the other characters subplots as well. I liked getting to see more from the other characters, and it only added to my overall love for the book. There were twists and there were tears. I was dragged through an emotional roller coaster, but in the end felt completely satisfied. If you’re a fan of the series, hopefully you’ll love Beautiful Broken Mess as much as Beautiful Broken Rules. I absolutely adore these characters and love the stories. They’ve quickly becoming one of my all time favorite series!


 
Beautiful Broken Mess is the second book in the series. You need to read Beautiful Broken Rules BEFORE you read this book and my review.

I read BBR awhile back and after I finished it I remember thinking DAMN that was an awesome book! I loved everything about it, so naturally I was dying to get my hands on this book. I will not lie to you, when I saw this book was about Jace AND Audrey it made me nervous, like sick to my stomach nervous. In BBR Audrey was painted as a nasty old girlfriend who couldn’t seem to let go… looks can be deceiving because in BBM we come to find out that is the furthest from the truth.

I‘m honestly not sure how to review this book…. I don’t want to give anything away from the story. It’s an awesome story, one you need to read for yourself. I will say this… I loved Jax in BBR but oh wow Jace is the dominant twin and I loved every minute of his dominant side. He also has a real heart of gold and makes you swoon. Audrey…. as I stated above looks can be deceiving. This poor girl has been through HELL. God my heart broke so many times for her it was unreal. But her strength is absolutely amazing. By the end of this book you will be just as in love with her as you are with Jace.

Another thing I loved about this book is the whole gang is back. You get enough of Jax and Em and Cole and Quinn to make you feel like you never left them. We also get to meet a new hottie, Lane. There is so much mystery behind Lane; I was in heaven when I saw his book would be next… Yes please!

Be ready for a ride of emotions once you start reading. It really didn’t let up at all. There will be some twist and turns that will make you not want to put this book down. I stopped reading at midnight, woke up at 3am and finished it. This book gave a whole new meaning to pennies for me.  Love, love, love this series!! I will end my review with a quote from the book that I cannot get out of my head.

"I’ve walked passed so many pennies in my life, never brothering to pick them up because none of them were ever appealing to me. Then one day, I literally crashed into the most gorgeous penny I’d ever seen, so I picked her up off the ground, wiped away her tears, and became mesmerized by her ever movement. Stupidly, I let that penny get away from me, and I’ve regretted it ever since. You were my lucky penny, Audrey, and I’ve been dreaming about you for years."

 

I'm a wanderer, an adventurer, a traveler.

 I want to see it all. I haven't been everywhere but it's on my list.

"She travels the world & home is always in her heart."

Lately if I'm not traveling or chasing a toddler, I'm writing. Which is weird because I hated writing in college. Oh wait, that's because that was boring. Who really wants to sit there and cite all your sources into APA format? Not this girl. Writing for yourself is enjoyable and cathartic. Please try it. Then tell me about because I love indie authors.

When I was 19, I packed up and followed my high school sweetheart from Texas to California. We had a blast living it up in San Diego. Four years later we made a crazy decision and packed up again and moved to Germany. What? Yep, you read that right. Guess what? Best decision ever! We OWNED Europe. For three years we saw as much as we possibly could. We lived an hour outside of France, a couple from Switzerland and Italy. Most amazing time of my life. Please go out there and see the world, you won't regret it. After Europe we moved back to California, and for now we're just debating our next adventure.

I earned a degree in Child Development. And now I write novels. Makes perfect sense! I write because I walk around all day with these stories in my head. It's nice to be able to get them out of my head in an organized fashion. I hope that someone out there enjoys them, because I have enjoyed so many others'.
 



a Rafflecopter giveaway


December 2
December 3
December 4
December 5
December 6
 
Beautiful Broken Mess Blog Tour Button

 
Broken Book #1

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17729712-beautiful-broken-rules







No comments:

Post a Comment