Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Blog Tour: Reason to Breathe by C.P. Smith


Title: A Reason to Breathe 
Author: C.P Smith 
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Release Date: January 21, 2014 
Tour Organized by: As the Pages Turn


Love at first sight was never so dangerous.
Jack Gunnison has a problem, well, two actually, one is 5'5" and the other...a Killer.
Jennifer Stewart needs a change after losing her husband and sending her daughter off to college.
Moving to the high country of Colorado to restart her life and, follow her dreams, Jenn gets more than she bargained for when she attracts the eye of a killer.
Together, Jack and Jenn must figure out his identity, before he strikes again.
Mature readers only due to erotic content and language.






Jack collapsed onto my chest but held himself up with one arm. His face in my neck, lips kissing and tasting, light nips at my ear as we both recovered from our release.
“Jesus, Baby, can’t remember when I came that hard.”
“I’m not complaining. You’ve got mad skills, Sheriff.” Rising up and looking down at me, he smiled and laughed as he moved from between my legs and then curled me up into his chest. We lay like that for a while as we recovered, then I tipped my head back and asked.
“You wanna stay the night? I’ll make pancakes in the morning.” Jack grinned, kissed my lips and answered.
“Considering I’ll still be buried deep in you when the sun comes up, yeah Babe, I’ll stay for breakfast.”
“What?”
“Not finished with you by a long shot that was just a warm up.”
”Wow.”
“You got that right.” Jack grinned; then his eyes went soft.
“Jesus, you’re somethin’ else.” I liked hearing that. So I told him.
“You’re not so bad yourself, Jack.”
“I thought I was bossy?”
“You’re that as well.”
“And bullheaded.”
“You heard that?”
“Heard the reckless and arrogant part too.” I giggled, and his eyes warmed. I could stare at his warm, rugged face all night, but decided I’d rather kiss him, so I did, and he rewarded me for my forward thinking with his body on me, in me and behind me the rest of the night.


I am a HUGE cop show fan. I love Law and Order,  Castle, Hawaii Five- O etc. So this book was right up my ally. There are not a lot of great murder mystery romance books out there. Or at least on my radar. This book was great! I really loved the mystery. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out who done it. I would like to say I can figure out the committed a crime better faster than most but the author did a great job not making it obvious.

The book is about Jack and Jenn. Jake is the hot, “bossy” sheriff of the new town Jenn moved to after losing her husband. Jenn writes for the newspaper in her small town writing “events” which consists of bake sales and craft fairs. Then we two people are murdered, Jenn wants in on the action. A serial killer  is on the lose and Jenn is all up in the investigation against Jack’s wishes.

The attraction between Jack and Jenn is incredible.  I felt their first kiss down in my toes right along with Jenn. Their banter and need to boss the other one around was refreshing and fun.

“Babe, I’ve known you about thirty-sic hours, and in that time I’ve learned pretty damn quick that you’re going to do whatever the hell you like doing. That being said; I’m gonna do my damnedest to try and keep up with you so I can catch you when you fall. But honest to god, right about now, locking you in a cell sounds pretty damned good to me; at least there I know you’re safe.” 

The supporting characters in this book are just as great as Jenn and Jack. Bailey is Jenn’s grown daughter and even though we don’t see her too much, I loved her. She was great. I am hoping she gets a book. She had a special kind of sass to her that I think would be fun to read.

I definitely recommend this book to those who are looking for something different and new. The mystery in this book made it standout in the ever grown crowd of romance novels.




A Reason to Breathe by C.P. Smith is a suspense filled rollercoaster that kept me guessing and engaged from start to finish. I love books with a little mystery, but surprisingly I don’t read this style very often. For that reason, this novel was an absolu

tely refreshing palate cleanser that revived me from my recent book funk and left me satisfied.

A serial killer is plaguing Jack Gunnison and a tight-knit community in Colorado. He is struggling to find clues and piece together a narrowed list of murder suspects in order to put these murders to rest. Adding to his stress is the nagging desire to both claim and cast aside newcomer and reporter Jennifer Stewart who keeps finding her way in the middle of his investigation. Sparks ignite, danger lurks, and the pair races to solve these open cases before the body count rises.

This novel was full of thrilling twists and unexpected turns. Not to mention an abundance of passion between our lead characters. It was all around enjoyable from beginning to end. I loved that the story wasn’t a typical romance like I’m used to reading. There was plenty of passion and chemistry, but it mingled throughout the story with mystery and a guessing game of which characters are innocent and which have ulterior motives. For the record, I found myself to be completely off base when guessing the killer. C.P. Smith totally had me fooled! Just when I thought the plot was wrapping up in a pretty little package stamped “happily ever after”, I was thrown for another loop and left shocked.

You’ll be anything but bored with this mind-bending story.  A Reason to Breathe is the perfect novel to read if you’ve been in a funk and unable to connect with other novels. Treat yourself to a little murder, mystery, and undeniable romance today!



C.P. Smith is a mother of five and resides in Oklahoma. An avid reader with a vivid imagination, Ms. Smith set out to write books for the older reader. She is passionate about romantic suspense and hopes her stories leave you cheering for the good guys as well as inspire those over forty to never give up on love.

No comments:

Post a Comment