NOTE FROM THE AUTHORS:
Dear Reader,
Prepare yourself for Sex on the Beach, a trilogy featuring BETWEEN US (Jen McLaughlin), BEYOND ME (Jennifer Probst), and BEFORE YOU (Jenna Bennett). Three separate novellas. Three different authors. One literary world. Read them all, or just read one. It's up to you! No matter which route you choose, these standalone novellas are sure to satisfy your need for sizzling romance and an emotion packed story.
Happy Reading!
Jen, Jenna, and Jennifer
BEFORE YOU by Jenna Bennett
BOOK SUMMARY:
It’s all fun and games
I had a simple plan for spring break.
Sun, sand, and a hot guy. Sex on the beach, with no strings attached.
A chance to get rid of this pesky virginity once and for all.
And when I met Tyler McKenna, I thought I had it made.
Until someone gets hurt
But then girls started turning up at Key West landmarks. Girls who looked like me, but with one crucial difference: They’d all been drugged and relieved of their virginity.
The virginity I still have. The virginity Ty refuses to take.
And now I’ve begun to wonder whether there isn’t more to him than meets the eye.
Suddenly, sex on the beach doesn’t sound so good anymore...
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1jMeX1U
Website: www.jennabennett.com
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenna-Bennett-Jennie-Bentley/192400104127600
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bennett_Jenna
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1549070.Jenna_Bennett
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenna-Bennett-Jennie-Bentley/192400104127600
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bennett_Jenna
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1549070.Jenna_Bennett
Cassie has one task given to her by her best friend - while on Spring Break in Key West...hook up with some hottie stranger and lose her V-card. Shouldn't be too hard until girls that look like her start to show up drugged and taken advantage of.
Cassie thinks she's met the perfect guy she can hook up with in Tyler but he's got secrets of his own. Suddenly she's thrown into a mystery where she appears to be the target. The one man she wants is the one she can't have and he may know more about what's going on then he lets on.
I may be the worst person to read a story plot like this one. I love mystery/suspense novels and this has nice little twists but because of that I had it all figured out practically from the beginning.
I think my biggest issue with this novella was that Cassie was in Key West with her two best friends, Mac and Quinn, but they were very absent. It's written in that way though; they just set up check in times every couple days, but given a serial rapist was on the loose and targeting her, I found that sorely unbelievable. But...
I enjoyed Cassie and Ty together. He tried to keep her at arms length but couldn't. He had a need to protect her. Cassie on the other hand is quite tenacious and when things come to a head she's not one to back down. Everything they go through makes the wait of them finally being together so worth it. You'll root for their HEA!
BETWEEN US by Jen McLaughlin
BOOK SUMMARY:
I’m just a girl…
I’m a famous country star who’s spent her life cultivating a good girl persona to avoid bad press, but I’ve reached my limit. I’m going away for spring break with my two best friends from college, and we’ve vowed to spend the vacation seeking out fun in the sun—along with some hot, no-strings-attached sex. The only thing I needed was the perfect guy, and then I met Austin Murphy. He might be totally wrong for me, but the tattooed bad boy is hard to resist. When I’m in his arms, everything just feels right.
And I’m just a guy…
I’m just a bartender who lives in Key West, stuck in an endless cycle of boredom. But then Mackenzie Forbes, America’s Sweetheart herself, comes up to me and looks at me with those bright green eyes…and everything changes. She acts like she’s just a normal girl and I’m just a normal guy, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. My past isn’t pretty, you know. I did what I had to do to survive, and she’d run if she learned the truth about my darkness. But with her, I’m finally realizing what it’s like to be alive. To laugh, live, and be happy.
All good things must come to an end...
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1i72kku
B&N: http://bit.ly/1hFWiEj
Website: http://dianealberts.com/
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/DianeAlberts6
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DianeAlberts
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6921962.Jen_McLaughlin
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/DianeAlberts6
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DianeAlberts
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6921962.Jen_McLaughlin
This
is the second novella in this series that I've read and the first time
I've read anything from this author. After "Between Us" I think I may
need to check out some of Jen's other books.
Mackenzie "Mac" Forbes is a country superstar and America's Sweetheart. After some failed attempts at trusting the wrong men - who essentially feed their stories to the vultures (ie paparazzi) - her and her two best friends, Cassie and Quinn, head to Key West for Spring Break with a pact to hook up, give it up, let go and have fun. At first it seems like the simplest plan. She's dyed her signature gold tresses brown and dons a giant floppy sun hat to hide her identity where ever she goes. It doesn't take her long to lock her sights on the tattooed hottie behind the bar doling out drinks to the locals and spring breakers. If he doesn't recognize her it's game on to giving up her V-card to this bad boy.
Austin Murphy is a fuck 'em and leave 'em, no ties, no commitments guy. He has had a hard life and struggles day to day to keep the roof over his head and food on the table. He bartends and on occasion gets on stage where he works for some extra cash. He never lets his guard down, never lets anyone close enough to see the dark in his past. He ran from a broken home to follow his musical dreams only to return home to pick up the pieces of nightmare that continues to haunt him and drive the choices he makes. Then one day Mackenzie Forbes, of all people, walks into his bar, up to his counter and propositions him. He knows who she is the second she removes her ridiculous hat but senses she's craving anonymity and decides not to reveal her secret. By doing that he has no clue how this girl looking for a quick fling will turn his world upside down and make him question his reasons for shutting people out.
As Austin and Mac spend time together, knowing there is an end in sight - when he stays behind and she leaves - they both find they have a lot more in common then two people from two different worlds might think. It's those commonalities that draw them closer and lure them into believing the possibilities of what maybe could be something past a few hot days and nights of spring break.
Nothing is ever as simple as a stated plan and the two have to face the things of their past being brought out to the harsh light of day when Mac can no longer hide her identity. Past insecurities rear their ugly heads and threaten to permanently tear Austin and Mac apart.
Although I normally can't get on board with the whole falling in love in a matter of moments or days usually, here it worked. This is a novella and complete story. Spring Break is a week, that's all these authors had to work with and so it works. I was a little confused how Austin was paying for some of the things they did when he made it perfectly clear he worried about his next meal or keeping a roof. That one thing seemed a little off. I chalked it up to him using tips but even then I didn't think he'd splurge to the extent it seemed like he did. I wish this had been a full length novel. I liked Austin and Mac's story. They were fun and very sexy together. I rooted for them the whole way
Mackenzie "Mac" Forbes is a country superstar and America's Sweetheart. After some failed attempts at trusting the wrong men - who essentially feed their stories to the vultures (ie paparazzi) - her and her two best friends, Cassie and Quinn, head to Key West for Spring Break with a pact to hook up, give it up, let go and have fun. At first it seems like the simplest plan. She's dyed her signature gold tresses brown and dons a giant floppy sun hat to hide her identity where ever she goes. It doesn't take her long to lock her sights on the tattooed hottie behind the bar doling out drinks to the locals and spring breakers. If he doesn't recognize her it's game on to giving up her V-card to this bad boy.
Austin Murphy is a fuck 'em and leave 'em, no ties, no commitments guy. He has had a hard life and struggles day to day to keep the roof over his head and food on the table. He bartends and on occasion gets on stage where he works for some extra cash. He never lets his guard down, never lets anyone close enough to see the dark in his past. He ran from a broken home to follow his musical dreams only to return home to pick up the pieces of nightmare that continues to haunt him and drive the choices he makes. Then one day Mackenzie Forbes, of all people, walks into his bar, up to his counter and propositions him. He knows who she is the second she removes her ridiculous hat but senses she's craving anonymity and decides not to reveal her secret. By doing that he has no clue how this girl looking for a quick fling will turn his world upside down and make him question his reasons for shutting people out.
As Austin and Mac spend time together, knowing there is an end in sight - when he stays behind and she leaves - they both find they have a lot more in common then two people from two different worlds might think. It's those commonalities that draw them closer and lure them into believing the possibilities of what maybe could be something past a few hot days and nights of spring break.
Nothing is ever as simple as a stated plan and the two have to face the things of their past being brought out to the harsh light of day when Mac can no longer hide her identity. Past insecurities rear their ugly heads and threaten to permanently tear Austin and Mac apart.
Although I normally can't get on board with the whole falling in love in a matter of moments or days usually, here it worked. This is a novella and complete story. Spring Break is a week, that's all these authors had to work with and so it works. I was a little confused how Austin was paying for some of the things they did when he made it perfectly clear he worried about his next meal or keeping a roof. That one thing seemed a little off. I chalked it up to him using tips but even then I didn't think he'd splurge to the extent it seemed like he did. I wish this had been a full length novel. I liked Austin and Mac's story. They were fun and very sexy together. I rooted for them the whole way
BEYOND ME by Jennifer Probst
BOOK SUMMARY:
CAN FUN IN THE SUN TURN INTO LASTING LOVE?
Spring break in Key West with my besties was supposed to be casual fun. But I never expected to meet James Hunt. Sex and frolic? Yes! A relationship? No. But his hot blue eyes and confident manner drew me in. And when he let me see the man behind the mask, I fell hard, foolishly believing there could be a future for us. Of course I never considered our relationship might be based on lies...or that his betrayal could rock my foundation and make me question everything I believed in...
OR WILL A LIFE BUILT ON LIES RUIN EVERYTHING?
The moment I saw Quinn I knew I had to have her. She hooked me with her cool eyes and don’t touch me attitude. I had it all, money, social status, and looks. I could get any girl I wanted...until her. When my friends challenged me with a bet to get her into bed by the end of the week, I couldn’t pass it up. But sex wasn’t supposed to turn into love. She wasn’t supposed to change me, push me, and make me want more for myself. She wasn’t supposed to wreck me in all ways. And now, if I can’t turn my lies into truth, I just might lose her forever...
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1luEuzN
Website: www.jenniferprobst.com
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/jenniferprobst.authorpage
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jenniferprobst
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20371567-beyond-me
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/jenniferprobst.authorpage
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jenniferprobst
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20371567-beyond-me
Quinn has led
anything but a charmed life. Everything she has, she's worked damn hard
for. It may not be much to some but it's hers. When she heads to Key
West for Spring Break with her two best friends, Mac and Cassie, her
sole goal is to let lose and hook up. Of course she doesn't expect
falling for a frat boy with "Peter Pan" syndrome who couldn't be more
opposite than her.
James has never wanted for anything...well nothing material anyway. He's known for his huge spring break parties and way with the Key West female population. When he spots Quinn across the way from him, at one of his parties, he's completely taken with her. Everything he feels is new and intriguing. She's different then all the flashy spring break girls that that just want to party.
I loved watching James and Quinn think they could keep things casual before giving in to all they were together.
A chance meeting, a bet, an unexpected connection and love, drive this wonderfully sweet and sexy novella. I'd expect nothing less from Jennifer Probst.
James has never wanted for anything...well nothing material anyway. He's known for his huge spring break parties and way with the Key West female population. When he spots Quinn across the way from him, at one of his parties, he's completely taken with her. Everything he feels is new and intriguing. She's different then all the flashy spring break girls that that just want to party.
I loved watching James and Quinn think they could keep things casual before giving in to all they were together.
A chance meeting, a bet, an unexpected connection and love, drive this wonderfully sweet and sexy novella. I'd expect nothing less from Jennifer Probst.
NOTE: Although these can be read standalone or in any order, after having read them all I would say the best order, if you are interested, would be Beyond Me, Before You and then Between US.
Win a HUGE Theme prize pack including signed books, jewelry, t-shirts, sunglasses, shot glasses, and lots MORE! (US Only)











No comments:
Post a Comment