“Wes, I don’t know what you want me to say here.” Royal’s voice is broken. Maybe he is broken. Maybe I broke him. Lord knows I’m broken myself.
“Don’t say anything.” I start off with. There are so many things I want to tell him. The one thing I want him to know, that I want him, I will never say aloud. “When push comes to shove, Royal, you’ll break me. I’d never be the same after you. I’d be a shell of this girl.”
His face pales but he doesn’t step away. Something I had planned on. His hands caress my face before he says, “You have that wrong, Wesley. You’ll be the one to break me.”
Wesley Bridges was lost between the living and the dead. She was clinging to her boyfriend, who passed away unexpectedly. She was left with having no way to move on. Her best friends, Annabella and Pierce were to caught up to save her. Even her family turned a blind eye, not able to bare her grief.
Then one day, Royal Sanders walked into her life. Tall, dark and sinfully handsome but aren’t all the unattainable ones? At first it was nothing. She was asked to tutor him and found he’s different then even she thought. She even turned to Royal when things got too hard. And when she falls for him, she falls hard.
But Royal’s the enemy. A long drawn out hatred brews between her friends and Royal’s. That doesn’t seem important to her, considering she’s still in love with her dead boyfriend. A love triangle between life and death…who will win?
Grief is a powerful emotion but there are several different kinds of grief. Betrayal and heartache are still knocking on her door. Things are about to come crashing down around her. It will definitely break her, but will Royal be enough to save her?
AMAZON / AMAZON CA / AMAZON UK / BARNES & NOBLE / SMASHWORDS
close my eyes tightly.
Break Me by Amanda Heath is the captivating sequel to her debut novel, Make Me. Although being a part of the Make or Break Series, this novel can be read as a standalone novel. With that being said, these stories are so deliciously juicy you’re going to want to read them both.
Wesley Bridges knows loss but hasn’t figured out how to move past it. Royal Sanders knows what (or who) he wants but hasn’t figured out how to obtain it. I loved watching their connection unfold. My heart broke for Wesley as she struggled with what could have been and versus what could be. Her past restrains her while her present is full of potential. Royal is the ultimate swoon-worthy book boyfriend. Nothing is more important than Wesley and winning her love. He brings life to the word devotion. That guy has an abundance of patience and understanding as he stands by her side waiting for her to find closure and see a future with him. LOVE!
The story was full of twists and drama. It will satisfy every guilty pleasure and any desire for literary turmoil. It’s easy to get hooked and stay invested in these characters and plot. Amanda Heath delivered a well-rounded novel about Wes and Royal while updating us on past characters (Paisley and Channing) and setting the stage for the characters that will be featured in the next book. It may sound like a lot is going on (a lot does happen), but the story is so eloquently written, everything flows smoothly and is easy to follow.
If you haven’t treated yourself to Amanda Heath’s Make of Break Series, get to one-clicking today! You’ll be lured in by Make Me and totally hooked with Break Me.
Break Me is book 2 in the Make or Break Series. Make Me was
book one and you can see our reviews here.
Break Me follows Wesley and Royal. We learn at the very beginning
that Wes (Wesley) lost her boyfriend of 2 years in a drunk driving
incident. Wesley is completely destroyed
by losing the love of her life. She is like a ghost in her own life. She has
two best friends Annabella and her cousin Pierce. These two are a piece of
work. They are completely wrapped up in themselves and leave poor Wesley to try
and mend her broken and shattered heart.
Royal, who is best friends with Channing (from book 1,)
needs a tutor and is paired up with Wesley. He is a hot bodies swimmer with a
heart of gold. Even though these two’s friends hate each other, they get along
and were never part of the feud.
Royal is amazing. He cares for Wesley so much and gives her
all the time she needs to heal. He “courts” her, he listens to her and lets her
cry all over him. He is protective and just a down right swoon worthy guy.
I loved Royal and Wesley’s story. The love and connection
poured out of the pages of this book. I really liked book one but this book, I LOVED!
Amanda Heath left us off timeline wise at the same spot as in Make Me but we
get another small piece. This book doesn’t have a huge cliffhanger but it
definitely makes you want the author to write faster. This series is becoming a
total favorite of mine.
I commented on my review for Make Me that I needs a flow chart to keep track of how all the characters are related. Amanda provided me with one!!! Enjoy.
Greyson and Jenny are parents to Wesley and Bentley.
Greyson's sister, Lily, had Ashley with her first husband, then Donovan and Pierce with her second husband.
Ashley's father had Channing six years after she was born.
Lily's best friend made her godmother of Annabella and Victor. She and her husband died when Annabella was seven, leaving the kids to be raised by Lily
Annabella is with Donovan but cheats on him with Pierce.
Ashley and Victor have been together for years and share a home with Annabella.
Channing lives with Paisley fraternal grandmother and her son, who also happens to be Channing's stepfather.
Paisley and her little sister BeeBee were raised by Paisley's mother Victoria, who overdosed.
Paisley and BeeBee go live with their maternal grandparents who have two children not dead.
Kellan and Brody are from those two children. Kellan's mother is blood related to Paisley. That's why his last name is Dean.
Brody's father is blood related to Paisley, so that's why his last name is Vaughn.
Greyson's sister, Lily, had Ashley with her first husband, then Donovan and Pierce with her second husband.
Ashley's father had Channing six years after she was born.
Lily's best friend made her godmother of Annabella and Victor. She and her husband died when Annabella was seven, leaving the kids to be raised by Lily
Annabella is with Donovan but cheats on him with Pierce.
Ashley and Victor have been together for years and share a home with Annabella.
Channing lives with Paisley fraternal grandmother and her son, who also happens to be Channing's stepfather.
Paisley and her little sister BeeBee were raised by Paisley's mother Victoria, who overdosed.
Paisley and BeeBee go live with their maternal grandparents who have two children not dead.
Kellan and Brody are from those two children. Kellan's mother is blood related to Paisley. That's why his last name is Dean.
Brody's father is blood related to Paisley, so that's why his last name is Vaughn.
I live in southern Arkansas with my husband and young daughter. There is also an insane Boston Terrier running around. I've always been a lone wolf and find my friends in books. I started writing at a young age and I haven't stopped since. Most days you can find me either glued to my laptop or my kindle. My first novel, This Beautiful Thing was an Amazon best seller for 11 weeks and a year later I'm still tickled to see people enjoy it. I may not be a huge seller but I have the best fans ever and I thank God everyday for every single one of them.
AMAZON / AMAZON CA /AMAZON UK / B&N / SMASHWORDS
Hosted by:














No comments:
Post a Comment