Two years ago, Emma Preston walked away from Jesse Daniels. It is a decision she has regretted ever since. Plagued with the knowledge that Ally’s lies tore them apart, Emma enlists Jesse’s former best friend, Andy, to help her search for him.
When he left California, Jesse was determined to start over in West Virginia with his mother. Now, the past is determined to catch up with him—first, with the appearance of Ally, and when Emma and Andy come back into his life.
Just when Emma thinks she’s found Jesse, a dark secret and misunderstandings force them apart before they can even reconnect. Jesse is torn between his love for Emma and protecting his childhood friend, Ally. Ally has an agenda of her own, and she’s not about to let Emma get in her way—even if that means getting rid of her…permanently.
Can Emma and Jesse’s relationship survive all of their twisted ties?
When he left California, Jesse was determined to start over in West Virginia with his mother. Now, the past is determined to catch up with him—first, with the appearance of Ally, and when Emma and Andy come back into his life.
Just when Emma thinks she’s found Jesse, a dark secret and misunderstandings force them apart before they can even reconnect. Jesse is torn between his love for Emma and protecting his childhood friend, Ally. Ally has an agenda of her own, and she’s not about to let Emma get in her way—even if that means getting rid of her…permanently.
Can Emma and Jesse’s relationship survive all of their twisted ties?
“So, what are you going to do?”
“I need to talk to Ally first and tell her that you know. She’ll be angry
with me, but once she figures out that you’re not going to go out and do
something stupid, I think she’ll be okay. After that, I’m going to talk with
Emma. I said some really horrible shit to her tonight. I accused her of
sleeping with you since that’s what Ally told me.”
“Shit. Jesse, I need to talk to you about something.”
I was instantly on alert as I felt him tense beside me. “What?”
“I…okay, first off, it wasn’t something that either of us meant to do.”
“Andy, just tell me what the hell you’re talking about.”
He looked up at me, his eyes filled with remorse. “I slept with Emma.”
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for Twisted Tie. I couldn’t
wait to get my hands on it. Let me tell you, K.A. Robinson didn’t disappoint.
K.A. has quickly become one of my favorite authors and I will one click
anything she releases.
First let me say that is you didn’t read Shattered Ties, the first book
in the series, I would stop reading. Twisted Ties picks up right where
Shattered Ties leaves us. Emma is making her way to West Virginia in hopes to
find Jesse. Now that she knows that Ally is nothing but a liar, Emma regrets
ever letting Jesse go.
When she finally finds Jesse, there are so many things that go wrong.
Lots of miscommunication, anger, sadness, anything you can think of it gets in
the way of them fully getting back together. But the biggest thing standing in
their way is Ally. Ally has completely gone off the deep end and will do
anything to keep Emma and Jesse apart.
This book takes you on a ride. I felt so many emotions reading this. I
was frustrated, shocked, sad, happy, and even said several oh em gees, it was
crazy. I loved seeing Emma and Jesse together even if they weren’t a couple. I
was presently surprised and happy with the new friendship Emma formed with Andy
in California, before heading to West Virginia. A friend she brings along with
her. Then there is Ally, oh boy. She is crazy with a capital C.
I couldn’t have been happier with Emma and Jesse’s ending. It was perfect
for them. I really hope that we get a Andy book. He needs to have his happy
ending and I want to see a girl knock him down a few notches. Keep on writing
K.A. I can’t wait to see what you give us next.
**Review will contain spoilers if you have not read book one, Shattered Ties, and some for Twisted Ties. Read at your own risk**
Twisted Ties starts off two years after Shattered Ties. Emma is headed to West Virginia to start her freshman year of college. She chooses this school in hopes that this is where Jesse would be enrolled. After Jesse left with his Mom and her boyfriend to live in West Virginia, Emma was a mess. Things ended horribly between the two and she never got over it. Emma turned to Andy for friendship and he helped her through the last couple years. Andy goes with Emma to West Virginia to make sure she’s safe and to patch everything up with Jesse. Ally finally told Andy everything that happened the night of Emma and Jesse’s fight and both Andy and Emma want to find him in hopes to put everything in the past.
Once Emma and Jesse find each other it doesn’t go as planned for either one of them. Their feelings are still as strong as ever but there are a few giant hurdles standing in their way… basically Ally. I hated Ally through the WHOLE DAMN BOOK, until the end, when I felt a very tiny bit sorry for her and wished there could’ve been a way that Andy or Jesse could have helped her see what she was doing was not normal and she needed help. Then the end made we wonder…will Ally be getting a book?!? Now I kind of want it… I want to know what was going through her head and if the ending I thought happened really happened. I do know for sure I want Andy to have his own story.
This book, this book. I was so happy to get my hands on it and it didn’t disappoint. I honestly don’t even know what to say. This book had me all over the place, happy, sad, irritated, pissed and more pissed. Lots of "WHAT THE HELL?" thrown in while reading. Even once I finished the book I was still WHAT THE HELLING Kelly! I really can’t say too much about the story line without giving everything away. If you read Shattered Ties grab Twisted Ties and read it, you will want to know if Jesse and Emma can patch things up with the crazy Ally on the prowl. Be ready though for the roller coaster that is coming!
Shattered Ties
K.A. Robinson is the New York Times and USA Today Best Selling Author of The Torn Series and The Ties Series. She lives in a small town in West Virginia with her husband and toddler son. When she isn't writing, she is reading or listening to rock music.















No comments:
Post a Comment