The Time for the final battle has come.
Edmund's armies
have surrounded the Rioseco Abbey, trapping the few survivors inside. The sight
that Ilyan was given a thousand years ago is about to come to pass.
If only Joclyn was
able to fight.
Joclyn is tormented
by the hallucinations that Cail’s mind has left her with, her magic an
uncontrollable torrent that even Ilyan cannot control. Her moments of lucidity
are broken by fears of dripping pipes and bleeding walls, and a desire to kill
Ryland that she is having trouble trying to ignore.
The sight has shown
her power, shown her success, but it has also shown her death – The end of her
life something she is not quite willing to give up on yet.
Even past her
death, the sight has shown her love, and that love may be the only key to her
sanity, to her strength, and to Edmund's death.
The Imdalind
series keeps getting better and better. This is a series that I can read over
and over again and not get bored. You MUST read this series in order,
otherwise you will be lost. If you haven’t read the first 3 books, you will
want to stop reading this review. It will contain spoilers to them.
The author
again pulls us into the magical world of Jos, Ilyan, Ryland, and the whole cast
of wonderful characters as they plot how to save the world from Edmund. Jos has
just been pulled from Cail’s mind in this book. She is broken, afraid, and
plagued by hallucinations. This is her story of healing. She begins to really
believe in herself and her abilities. She really grew as a character and I
loved her journey.
This is also
her and Ilyan’s love story. Yes, she has been falling in love with him during the
previous books, and he has always loved her, but this is the story where she
really embraces that love. Like all relationships, theirs isn’t full of flowers
and sunshine. They have issues that they need to overcome, not to mention the
upcoming battle and her death. Like all great couple, they stick together and
know that they can face what lies ahead as long as they have each other.
In this book,
we also get a better understanding of Ryland. I won’t lie; I have a soft spot
for him. I fell in love with him in Kiss of Fire, and my heart hasn’t yet let
him go. I hate that Edmund tore his soul apart. My heart breaks for him. I want
him to become fully healed and whole so he won’t be insane and try to kill Jos every time
he sees her. He was such a great guy and I believe that he still has it in him.
I was thrilled to see some moments of his old self in this book.
I was
introduced to Rebecca Ethington’s writing with her debut novel, Kiss of Fire.
From there, she has grown and matured into an exceptional writer. Her use of
imagery is outstanding. I can picture everything she describes so clearly. She
also knows how to coax out all of your emotions and really get you invested in
her stories. Rebecca is definitely one of my favorite authors, and I will
willingly devour each and every story she has to tell.
Rebecca Ethington has been telling stories
since she was small. First, with writing crude scripts, and then on stage with
years of theatrical performances. The Imdalind Series is her first stint into
the world of literary writing. Rebecca is a mother to two, and wife to her best
friend of 14 years. She was born and raised in the mountains of Salt Lake City,
and hasn’t found the desire to leave yet. Her days are spent writing, running,
and enjoying life with her amazing family.










No comments:
Post a Comment