Years after suffering the tragic loss of her husband, Ethan, which left her alone to raise their young daughter, Clare Murray still holds the last letter he wrote with the words "When You're Ready" written in his familiar messy handwriting, unable to break its weathered seal. Ready for what? He was her entire world, and Clare had accepted a life without him, without love. Until years later, fate brings her to an emergency room, and face to face with a stormy-eyed doctor intent on changing her mind.
Son of a billionaire, Logan Matthews has spent his life trying to make his absentee father proud. Without a family to depend on, all he's ever wanted is a place to call home. After a failed marriage, Logan believes he's unworthy of love...until he meets a woman who awakens his spirit and transforms his entire life in an instant.
But how far are Clare and Logan willing to go for love? Can his love mend the pieces of her grieving heart?
When their love is tested, is Clare ready to put her whole heart on the line again? Can Logan learn the true meaning of love, even if it means sacrificing his own happiness? When a second chance at love is given, Clare and Logan learn you are never truly ready until you're ready to risk it all.
Son of a billionaire, Logan Matthews has spent his life trying to make his absentee father proud. Without a family to depend on, all he's ever wanted is a place to call home. After a failed marriage, Logan believes he's unworthy of love...until he meets a woman who awakens his spirit and transforms his entire life in an instant.
But how far are Clare and Logan willing to go for love? Can his love mend the pieces of her grieving heart?
When their love is tested, is Clare ready to put her whole heart on the line again? Can Logan learn the true meaning of love, even if it means sacrificing his own happiness? When a second chance at love is given, Clare and Logan learn you are never truly ready until you're ready to risk it all.
When You’re Ready by J.L. Berg is an emotionally powerful story about accepting the tragedies in life and finding happiness despite them. I cannot put into words how much I truly enjoyed this story. It has the perfect combination of heartbreak, unexpected twists, and romance.
I loved widow Clare Murray for her strength and dedication to her daughter. Despite having lost her husband, she has fought hard to provide a strong, loving support system and family for Maddie through friendships and her parents. Yet beneath her composed exterior, she is still fragile and mourning Ethan. Her character transformed and healed on a beautiful journey throughout the story. It was inspiring to watch her wholeheartedly love even in times when she felt like her heart was incomplete.
Logan Matthews has baggage from his past as well. Always striving to please the never-ending demands of his father and failing, Logan sought independence and adapted an impenetrable armor in order to keep himself from being hurt again. Did I mention he’s a doctor? Yes. Mega swoon factor! Despite his barriers, he develops a soft spot for Maddie and Clare and soon finds himself questioning his bachelor lifestyle.
Each character has weaknesses but together they learn to release their grief and anger from their pasts and become stronger. Their relationship and connection builds throughout the story. It wasn’t a love that progressed quickly. Feelings simmered, emotions blossomed, and it was truly a pleasure to read.
I absolutely love this novel. I was fully sucked in within paragraphs and could not put this novel down. Overall this story was full of romance and moments that warmed my heart and made me smile. However there was just the right balance of emotionally heavy twists to keep me engaged and further draw me in to this book. I cried several times and felt like a part of my heart would explode if the plot didn’t play out into a happily ever after.
I truly fell in love with these characters and story. J.L. Berg has delivered a fantastic read from start to finish that page by page will break you down and piece you back together. When You’re Ready is a definite must read so get your copy today!
I’m a California native, who lives in the South – Virginia to be exact. I still prefer sushi to fried chicken, avocados to okra, and I absolutely loathe humidity. I do love watching the seasons change though. My husband and I have been here for ten years, and I still get giddy like a school girl every time it snows.
I’m married to my high school sweetheart. We were married young, barely out of high school. Everyone told us we were crazy and stupid. We’ll be celebrating 12 years of marriage this year, and I love him more every single day. We’re living proof that true love knows no age limit.
We’ve been blessed with two beautiful daughters who continue to amaze and inspire me, and are probably making me go a bit insane. I’m obsessed with yoga and pilates and am a complete chocoholic. I apologize in advance for the amount of sweets in my book.
I’m absolutely obsessed with romance novels (duh) and probably could have built a vacation home with the amount of money I’ve invested in them over the years. Romance novels take you to another place, making your heart race, emotions swell, passion run free. After so many years of meeting hundreds of fictional characters and discovering their worlds, I found myself creating my own.
I am represented by Jill Marsal of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency, LLC.
I’m married to my high school sweetheart. We were married young, barely out of high school. Everyone told us we were crazy and stupid. We’ll be celebrating 12 years of marriage this year, and I love him more every single day. We’re living proof that true love knows no age limit.
We’ve been blessed with two beautiful daughters who continue to amaze and inspire me, and are probably making me go a bit insane. I’m obsessed with yoga and pilates and am a complete chocoholic. I apologize in advance for the amount of sweets in my book.
I’m absolutely obsessed with romance novels (duh) and probably could have built a vacation home with the amount of money I’ve invested in them over the years. Romance novels take you to another place, making your heart race, emotions swell, passion run free. After so many years of meeting hundreds of fictional characters and discovering their worlds, I found myself creating my own.
I am represented by Jill Marsal of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency, LLC.






No comments:
Post a Comment