Thursday, March 6, 2014

Undone by R.E. Hunter Spotlight Tour

Undone Spotlight Banner



Five years ago, Embry Jacobs ran...
She ran from a past that still hasn’t let her go, but her dream of becoming a lawyer is stronger than her fear of confronting that past. Embry’s sole focus is to get through law school—with the help of her best friend, Morgan—and make something of the broken girl she became. Not thinking about falling in love, being in a relationship or even entertaining the idea of romance, Embry is moving forward one day at a time.
Luke Brody is charming and sexy, and has a past of his own. He wants nothing more than to put his demons to rest and move on with his life. But, when Embry enters the picture, is he destined to repeat those same mistakes?
Blindsided by their instant attraction, neither Luke nor Embry are prepared for the feelings they’re developing. But will it all be for nothing?
Will they let their pasts destroy them, or will they risk everything to fight for their relationship when it all comes undone?


Undone by R.E. Hunter is the first novel in The Disclosure Series, and an emotionally charged read I loved from start to finish. 

Forbidden romance. Undeniable chemistry. A past riddled with skeletons.

Yes! Please and thank you! 

Embry Jacobs has escaped her haunted past and regained her footing on the road to becoming a successful lawyer. She’s excelling in law school and the promise of a fruitful career overshadows her desire to find romance. She’s surrounded herself with friendships, is constantly challenged academically, and couldn’t be more satisfied with life.

Luke Brody is on the verge of finding redemption himself. A clean slate is within reach and his fresh start is on the horizon. He’s older than Embry and has established his niche as a lawyer. When the pair meets by chance, sparks ignite and their chemistry is undeniable. Will the pair push aside their career driven mindsets and allow a chance at love to be a priority?

This story was an emotional roller coaster. There were constant ups and downs with Embry and Luke. If you’re looking for a fluffy romance novel with rainbows, this isn’t the story for you. This is a gritty romance full of angst. You’ll want to scream at these characters as often as you swoon over their connection. I loved every page of this drama-fueled story. The story builds towards the characters’ happily ever after only to leave you gutted by unexpected twists I never saw coming. I am dying for the next installment in this series! 

Lovers of angst and forbidden romance are going to devour Undone by R.E. Hunter and be begging for more. This novel is anything but tame and heartwarming. Immerse yourself in the drama and treat yourself to this delightful slice of emotional torture. It’s absolutely worth all of the anxiety and heartbreak.




From the moment I started Undone I was hooked. I couldn’t put it down and when I was forced to set it down I couldn’t stop thinking about Embry and Luke.  Undone is the first book in the Disclosure series and R.E. Hunters debut novel. I couldn’t believe it when I learned it was her first novel. Well done R.E., well done. Undone had everything we look for in books; romance, forbidden love, secrets, angst, and laughter.


Embry Jacobs has a past that she has hidden from most people in her life. Right after high school she ran trying to hide and keep her secret from those she loved. After 5 years she comes back home to attend law school with her best friend Morgan.  She becomes extremely focused and doesn’t want anything to get in her way of excelling in school, that is till she literally runs into Luke Brody. 


Luke Brody is also running from his past hoping to start over. He is an established lawyer who is just trying to move on. When Embry walks into his life she threatens everything he is trying to do, but he can’t seem to stay away from her.


Embry and Luke’s story is riddled with ups and downs. Their story isn’t an easy one. They are drawn to each other from the moment they bump into each other in the hallway and can’t seem to stay away from each other. They have to decide if what they have is worth possibly ruining everything they both want in their lives.

  
It’s been a few hours since I’ve finished Undone and I’m still reeling from it. I loved Embry and Luke’s story. It was a fresh twist on a story that has been done before. There were times that I wanted to reach into my kindle and slap some sense into Embry, but she grew on me and in I was invested in her. Now the ending, holy cliffhanger. Why R.E. Hunter, why did you leave me like that? I can’t wait for the next installment to come out. I will scoop that up as soon as it’s released.



Undone by Rose Hunter ebooklg
add-to-goodreads-button31


     




Blog Tour Teaser 1

Blog Tour Teaser 2




rehunter
R.E. Hunter is a native New Yorker and lives on Long Island with her husband and their crazy kitten. She works as an attorney by day and writes every spare second she has. She’s currently working on the sequel to Undone, which will be released sometime in 2014. When she’s not writing, you can usually find her somewhere near a beach with a book in her hand.



undone
Hosted by:
EJ Button

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your reviews ladies! Thank you so much for taking part in the tour!! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete