Monday, March 3, 2014

New Release Review~My Winter by Nikki Young

20482960



At age ten, Leah Anderson was taught a hard lesson about life after the death of her father. Love, happiness and perfection only last so long, so why bother seeking them out.

Jaded by his death and the trauma it caused her family, Leah finds herself detached and indifferent about her life and about falling in love. In a safe and unfulfilling engagement to her demanding, perfectionist fiancé, Ellis, it all begins to wear thin. That's when a handsome stranger comes into her life causing her to second guess everything she's known and believed in.

Abruptly ending her engagement and accepting a date with the stranger, Leah finds herself in a very uncomfortable reality. Knowing that every choice has its consequence, Leah runs from her past and lies to her present to keep herself from falling in too deep.

But in the end, can she live with choices she makes because they may ruin it all



\

For those of you that follow my reviews, you know that I don't give out 5 stars to just any old book.  It has to be a book that moves me, brings out my emotions.  A book that I can't put down and I generally care for the characters and what happens to them.  A book that does not have sex just to have sex, but a way to show the relationship and the love that the characters have for each other.   I can tell you that My Winter is that book!  

We get to meet Leah.  She is engaged to Ellis and anyone can see that they are not ment to be together.  He is proper and snobbish and likes to dictate the direction that Leah's life should go.  He has pretty much made her become the dream fiance that he wants her to be, but in turn making her into the person that she does not entirely like all that much.   Leah pretty much knows that Ellis is not her future and knows that she needs to break things off with him.  

In comes Adam.  He is everything that Leah needs in a man.  He is fun loving and allows her to be the person that she actually is.  He does not have any problems with her friends and actually WANTS to go to Sunday family dinners. The complete opposite of Ellis in every way.  The problem is, Leah actually meets him BEFORE she breaks things off with Ellis, actually in a small way he might be the reason that she finally has the nerve to tell Ellis that things are over.  

From the first date you could see that something special was going on here.  It is like Nikki thought up the perfect situation and relationship that every girl dreams of and puts it down on paper.  Now I am not saying that everything in this book is perfect.  Leah defiantly has some major issues going on.  She is afraid to love, thinking that she don't deserve it, or that she is afraid of loving someone and then they leave, just like her dad when he died. We can see that Adam is head over heel and shows it in every way.  We know that Leah loves him, but is afraid to show it.  That, and there is that little secret that she has not shared with Adam.   She was engaged to Ellis, and was not actually broken up with him when she made her first date with Adam.

I can honestly say that I was anxiously awaiting this book and it did not disappoint.  I adore Nikki Young and she is one of those authors that you need to put on your must read list.  If something comes out from her, you just need to read it.  Simple as that!  



I love a good book. A bath, a book and a bag of chocolate and I'm in heaven. The ereader has spawned my love of reading into an obsession and I'm sure my credit card is on its last leg.

I took my love of reading and turned it into a love of writing. I wrote my first novel, A Life More Complete over the last year and I am thrilled to share it with everyone.

Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6878530.Nikki_Young

No comments:

Post a Comment