Title: Love Suicide
Author: Jennifer Foor
Release Date: March 6th 2014
My heart belonged to Branch and Brooks Valentine since we were children, when we were all too naïve to know what that even meant. We didn’t understand that when we became adults, love would change us. I had to make a choice and when I did, it ripped our bond apart. Brooks left town, and he took half of my heart with him. It was difficult, but I coped and planned my future with Branch. I thought I’d made the right decision. I loved him and I always had.
Brooks showed up to be our best man the night before our nuptials. After drinks and too much reminiscing, I ended up in bed with the wrong brother. To avoid the humiliation and the fact that I’d ruined all of our lives, I left Branch and the only family I’d ever known.
That’s where my story should have ended.
Two years, one beautiful little girl and an abusive marriage later, I was standing there staring at the man that would always hold my heart.
The only question was…
Would I give it to him
I’m Katy Michaels and this is my story.
Hi my name is Danielle and I’m a Foor Whore.

After recently discovering Jennifer Foor’s Mitchell Family series, I knew I needed more from her. Then I saw the beautiful cover and blurb for Love’s Suicide and I needed it something fierce.
She sent it to my Kindle and I'm not even going to lie I was excited...TOTALLY EXCITED!

Could I really love it more than the Mitchell Family series?
Probably not – Ty Mitchell isn’t in it.
You know what I wasn’t counting on? Brooks Valentine.
Brooks freaking Valentine!!!
God help me.
Brooks Valentine is what all book boyfriends strive to be and so many can’t even come close to touching him.

Ok...you get it...I LOVED this book.
Katy Michaels has been in love with twin brothers Branch and Brooks Valentine for as long as she can remember. She has grown up living next door to the Valentines her entire life. They all three easily became best friends growing up; just like their parents.
On September 11, 2001, Katy lost both of her parents during the terrorist attacks, while her father and mother were both at the Pentagon, where her father worked. In the event that anything like this was to happen to them, the Michaels named the Valentines as Katy’s legal guardians.
As Katy, Branch, and Brooks all get older, the stronger her feelings become; while Katy loves Branch, she loves Brooks more – she loves him with not only her whole heart, but with everything that she is. The only thing is, Katy doesn’t realize that Brooks feels the same way about her, so she instead becomes involved with Branch.
Though I’d always loved both of them, from the time we were all in diapers, Branch only ever picked on me, while Brooks did everything in his power to take up for me and keep me safe.It was a no-brainer.Except, Brooks never asked to be with me, like Branch. He acted like being in a relationship with me was like dating his own sister. It hurt.Branch was there to pick up the pieces and be my boyfriend. He wasn’t like a consolation prize or anything. I loved him too, just in a different way.Even though Branch was my choice, and probably the right choice, Brooks was till dear to me. He’d always been there when I needed him in a way Branch never was.It was how it had to be.It was how he wanted it to be.
When the trio is seventeen, Brooks enlists in the Army and will be leaving when he turns eighteen to go to boot camp; while Katy and Branch will be going off to college together. Katy is so heartbroken over the fact that Brooks is not only leaving her, but that he will eventually be put in danger.

After a few years pass, with little to no contact with Brooks, Katy and Branch become engaged to be married but soon afterwards she finds a note that Brooks left her in the trio’s beloved tree house from when they were kids.
…From the first day we met, as infants even, I loved you. I can’t remember one day where I didn’t…I want you to be happy with my brother. He’ll treat you right and give you everything you want.Maybe when we’re older, with gray hair and lots of children, we can be friends again.Until then, know I love you.I always have and I always will.Love, Brooks
Reading this letter...even just retyping that little bit gives me chills...I'm 100% Team Brooks and have been from the Prologue.
He's the one.
He better be the one.
Katy discovers while Brooks is away that Branch has known about his brother's feeling for Katy even from when they were younger and has been keeping them from each other. He has made sure that they've had little to no contact - ASSHOLE...Branch Valentine is an asshole plain and simple.
When Brooks returns home for Katy and Branch's wedding, and Branch fully shows Katy his asshole ways, she FINALLY falls into the arms, and bed, of the RIGHT brother.
YES! YES! YES!


But afterwards?
Ugh...afterwards Katy leaves, not only Brooks and Branch, but the Valentines and the whole life that she has had all of these years behind, but not before leaving her own letter for Brooks.
I want to move forward and start fresh where I won't be judged for loving you. Just know that no matter where I end up, you will always have a piece of me.Some people say that love never dies. If that's true then I hope you can forgive me for walking away from it. I know I'll never be able to forgive myself for this.
GAH! Please don't leave him!!!
But of course she did and she ends up in a small town in South Carolina and starts over, finding a job as a waitress and a new place to live with new friends.
Everything isn't ok, but she's finding a way to survive without Brooks and the Valentines and then...she finds out that she's pregnant.

Ok...so...that's all I'm giving you.
Why?
Because if I tell you anymore then you may not feel everything else like I did.
I called Jenn Foor a bitch at some points, I was pacing while reading at others.
I needed to watch how tightly I was holding my Kindle and had to take a few deep breaths here and there.
But...I smiled and laughed and cried and LOVED.EVERY.SINGLE moment- EVERY.LAST.ONE.
A Maryland native who spends most of her time
devising a plan to live off the land on some remote island, where no one will ever find her.
She is a married mother of two kids, who may or may not drive her completely bonkers. In her spare time she enjoys shooting pool, camping and spending time with friends and family.
.jpg)











No comments:
Post a Comment