Once upon a time, girl met boy and a love story began.
Their future was assured until tragedy struck and deceptions were made.
There are consequences to every action, and the Consequences of Deception are always the most punishing.
Sloane Evans lost nearly everyone that she’s ever loved, but losing Killian Brandt left a scar that never healed.
Four and a half years after turning his back on her, Killian steps back into Sloane’s life in the most shocking of ways, giving her no choice but to abandon her life and go with him.
Why would a man buy a woman that he hates?
Not everything is as it appears.
Love is beautiful, revenge is ugly, and lies destroy lives.
Prepare to discover the Consequences of Deception.
A horrifying suspicion takes root in my head and a wave of dizziness sweeps through me as I realize that there is only one possible reason that he is here. The only explanation that makes sense is that he wants to be the one to throw me out into the street. Somehow he’s in control of Stephen and Celine’s house, and I just bet he’d done whatever he had to do to get himself into this position. Four and half years he’d been waiting for a shot at me, and now he has it.
“You’re… throwing me out?” I try, damn hard, to keep from breaking down. The tears I keep at bay, but there is a definite warbling of my voice as I ask the question.
Immediately I am angry with myself for showing such weakness and I decide to take the bull by the horns. I am not about to give Killian Brandt, of all people, the pleasure of seeing me break, even though I have to admit to myself that I am definitely breaking. I plow on before he can answer my ridiculous question.
“What am I saying? Of course you’re throwing me out! I’m sure this has to be one of the best moments of your miserable life, you selfish son-of-a-bitch. You want me out? Consider me gone!”
I jump to my feet to go call Demi, only to come to a dead halt when Killian thunders out a command. “Sit your ass down,now.”
I am so shocked by the force behind his words that I immediately drop back onto the couch. I don’t actually fear Killian, but my response to his tone of voice is instantaneous.
For one moment, I allow myself to hope that maybe Killian isn’t here to ruin my life. Maybe, just maybe, he isn’t as bad as I think he was.
“I’m not kicking you out, Sloane. I’m buying you.”
Whatever I thought before? It was all too generous. Killian just turned my life upside down with nine life-changing words.
It hangs out there between us as I gape at him while I try to formulate a response. “Buying me…? This proves that you’re insane! I’m not a commodity. What exactly can I do for you, Killian? Be your maid?”
The look he gives me is a lot like a warning and instinctively I know that whatever he says next isn’t going to be good.
“No, you’re going to be my lover.”
***4.5 sexy stars***
Sloane Evans has been in love with Killian Brandt since she was fifteen years old; however, Sloane was too young for Killian - she's also his sister, Shannon's, best friend and a close family friend."Whatever it takes."
When Sloane turns eighteen they plan to be together, simple right?
No, not at all.
When a fire at the Evans' lake house causes the death of not only Sloane's father, but Shannon as well, leaving Sloane very much alive, Killian turns his back on her and hates her from what Sloane can tell.
Sloane must live with her Uncle Stephen, her late father's brother, and Aunt Celine, Stephen's vile, wretched wife. Celine makes Sloane's life a living hell, which Stephen allows, and Sloane puts up with it all since it's the only family and financial support she has until she turns twenty-two and can inherit her fifty percent share of the family's company, Evans Investments.
After four and a half years of little to no contact, Killian bulldozes into a party and hauls Sloane out and informs her that she is coming with him. When she arrives home, he has a moving company there and she is in for the shock of her life when she finds out that not only are her Uncle and Aunt broke but Evans Investments is going under as well and oh yeah, her inheritance...gone.
To make matters worse Stephan has decided that he needs money so what better way to receive that than to sell his niece?!?
"I’m buying you.”“Buying me…? This proves that you’re insane! I’m not a commodity. What exactly can I do for you, Killian? Be your maid?”The look he gives me is a lot like a warning and instinctively I know that whatever he says next isn’t going to be good.“No, you’re going to be my lover.”
I'm not 100% sure what this says about me as a person, but this made me excited! LOL!
Trust me when I say this ladies - Killian Brandt doesn't have to pay for me - I'll be his for FREE!!!
Killian Brandt is a jerk, but— my God— is he beautiful to look at.
These are a few "musts" to make a good alpha male-
1. Filthy Mouth
2. Sexy smirk
3. Hot as hell
4. Smoking body
5. "Mine" is throughly used in his vocabulary
6. Knowing what he's got when he's got it.
Killian Brandt is all of that and then some....now back to my droning...
The deal that Killian makes with Stephen is for seven million dollars for 'owning' Sloane for one year.
The thing is - Sloane has never stopped loving Killian. It doesn't matter how he feels about her, she still loves him completely and she knows that once he claims her body that she will have to face to truth that still plagues her - he will never want her like that.
It is a terrible feeling to love someone that doesn’t care at all for you and I wish that I could turn my feelings off like a switch. Life would be so much easier if that were a possibility.
Killian takes Sloane away to Pensacola, Florida for a 'vacation', where of course, not only does he eventually bed her, but he shows her that he doesn't exactly have...um...vanilla tendencies.
What? A little handcuff action and spanking never hurt anyone.
“I’ll remind you of how much you don’t want me when my dick’s hitting the back of your throat and you’re begging me with your eyes to come in your mouth. You’ll swallow every fucking drop with a smile, and then you’ll beg for more.”
But of course...everything isn't what it seems.
Why on Earth would someone who hates you actually buy you?
And what happens when Killian actually pushed Sloane too far?
It’s obvious to me now that he needed to break me, and I hope that seeing me broken gives him the peace that he needs. He’s won, and I have nothing left.
When the truth comes out about not only what happened years ago, but what is actually happening in the present will Killian and Sloane be able to move forward or will the
Consequences of Deception
end them for good?
“There’s been so much ugly between us...I just want us to have a new beginning without misunderstandings, lies, and secrets."
***********************************************
I LOVE Ella Fox.
I love her sexy alpha men and the fact that her heroines can stand on their own two feet. And the sex scenes? Well either she has a very...um...fun and active life or she just has a kick-ass imagination.
The one small, minor detail that I would have liked was that the ending had more of a BAM to it. Don't get me wrong it was still perfectly fine but I wanted just a little more, even so it's a fantastic read and it gets 4.5 stars from this Mean Girl.
"I’m always going to love you.”
***I was given an ARC copy for an honest review.***
Ella Fox writes like a woman possessed whenever she gets the chance! She is the author of The Hart Family Series, The Renegade Saints Series and The Catch Series.
When she’s not writing, Ella indulges the gypsy in her blood and travels the country. Ella loves reading, movies, music, buying make-up, reading TMZ, Twitter and pedicures… not necessarily in that order. She has a wild sense of humor and loves to laugh. Her favorite thing in the world is hanging out with her family and watching comedy movies.














No comments:
Post a Comment