Friday, May 23, 2014

Blog Tour Review: Fragile Bonds by Sloan Johnson

Fragile Bonds Blog Banner


"Without trust, we have nothing."
These are the words which have haunted Melanie Erickson for six years. When she walked out of the house Xavier Ross bought as their forever home, she thought she was closing that door permanently, but fate had other plans.
Xavier Ross tried to keep everyone at a distance until Melanie came into his life. The more he tried to fight his feelings for her, the more he fell in love. One rash decision fractured the trust that was essential to their relationship.
Six years later, she is the last person he expects to see walk through his front door. Will Xavier and Mel be able to learn to trust one another again so they can fulfill a dying woman’s wish?

FINAL.FragileBonds



add-to-goodreads-button31


Young Woman Depression

Portrait of loving sensuality couple in dark


I was not sure about this book when I first started it. I chose to read it solely on a recommendation by a fellow Mean Girl. I did not even read the synopsis. When I realized what I was getting myself into I thought that there was no way this can all be okay but much to my surprise, it was okay. It was more than okay. Sloan Johnson made me love every character in this book and hope for everything they needed and wanted. 

Melanie is a home healthcare nurse who is assigned to care for Alyssa Ross who is essentially living the life Melanie expected to live, with the man she expected to live it with, in the house that was bought for Melanie. 

Alyssa Ross is dying and wants nothing more than to live out her days as fully as she can and that her two boys will be taken care of when she passes. 

Xavier Ross is a man who loves two women, the one that he never fully got over who completely broke his heart and his wife and the mother of his child. He is a man who is coping with the impending death of his wife and the thought of being a single dad. 

I did not feel, at all, about these characters the way that I expected to. I loved all three of them. They are all extremely loyal to a point that is amazing. The relationship between the three is amazing with Alyssa at the center. She is an amazing woman with quite a story of her own that we get to learn. I am not sure how she did it but Johnson was able to convince me that even though there is this giant elephant in the story of Melanie's and Xavier's past it never seemed to affect the present. These were incredibly strong characters whose sides I was always on.  

This story is a romance but it is so much more. It is a story of all different kinds of love. It's a story of romantic love, the love between parents and child, the love of an amazing friendship and even brotherly love. It's the story of how people are able to cope with the death of a loved one, and how there is no "right way" to do it. 

I definitely recommend this book. It's different than the others that I read day in and day out. It pulled at my heart strings, but I was not completely torn apart by it. I loved every character in this book. I am not sure I was ever disappointed by any of them.



sj

Sloan is a Midwestern mom who began writing nearly seven years ago as a way to make money while staying home with her daughter. Now, with two kids in tow and having written more articles on how to assemble various pieces of furniture than she can count, she is reaching to make her dreams come true.



FINAL.FragileBonds
Hosted by:
EJ Button

No comments:

Post a Comment